Oil juniors potential?

Jack_Aster

Hello everyone,

its been over a year since I posted, but my strategy has gone from all cheap penny plays, now focusing on oil stocks. I feel this is still a strong sector, and with the whole BP oil spill, their will be a crackdown on non safe wells, as well as new projects like Shells arctic drill getting the red light. Will oil go to $100? no yet, but I think in the next 12-20 months oil will fluctuate from 65 to 90 dollars. In this range, lots of producers of light, heavy crude will be profitable. This means that junior stocks will be able to come back to life, and with oil having the potential to become a very expensive commodity in the short term, alternative fuel stocks look attractive as well. My 2 favorite picks are
WPP.V - Western Plains Petroleum - For those that buy Canadian stocks, this oil play is one to look at. Some great land deals on the table, debt has been extinguished and they have around 120bopd. With their new properties, this could go to 400-500bopd easily. Insiders hold a large chunk and very few shares outstanding. My target on it is 50 cents by the end of 2010, currently at 15c.
AMHD - Amelot Holdings - Dirt cheap biofuel producer that converts cooking oil into fuel.