Votes: 121 61.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Not too bothered either way really

Votes: 61 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats to Anton for giving the most insincere farewell of all time

What a two faced ****! it;s easy to have a go at someone atop your own ivory tower. Anton must have been bullied at school because he exhibits all the signs of somebody with many insecurities. He is a psychologists wet dream. maybe he should spend some of his "millions" and go in to therapy.

id love to know why he keeps sniffing all the time, maybe he has something up his nose!!!!!

Waited 3 months for this program, and it turned out to be Sh*tee and dull.... Just dull entertainment, even though it funny watching the characters go through their emotional ups n downs..

Expecting to make money after 2 weeks training... no way, and if they do i guess its pure luck and wont be consistent but an overall loss.

Come to think of it, if the people on the other end of the phones were reversing the trades, and as you mention 'only one' coming through at the end of the series, it makes sense to have a fairly large group like that since the successful ones would never be able to carry the losing traders. Everyone knows that losing cash is far easier than winning it!

Steve.

exactly, do you think Lex is that stupid not to realise it as well,

an astute trader like himself would be hedging his bets on them big time.

there nothing but cannon fodder....

When exactly do you think people started to paint? It's not exactly a new fad.

The first pictures of Jesus came hundreds of years after his death and were by artists commissioned by the Catholic Church. As such it is a pretty safe bet that no one knows what he looks like as there were no descriptions or sketches in biblical or other texts from around that time.

Paul

The first pictures of Jesus came hundreds of years after his death and were by artists commissioned by the Catholic Church. As such it is a pretty safe bet that no one knows what he looks like as there were no descriptions or sketches in biblical or other texts from around that time.

Paul

Google's great isn't it

This programme seems to have been artificially concocted for TV viewers who have no idea of what trading is about and indeed are unlikely to be any the wiser after viewing it.

I think it's aimed at the sort of person I've spoken to in a party conversation and have made the mistake of admitting what I do re the markets, and then getting that knowing look of total lack of comprehension - followed by comments like "because the markets have been volatile and banks have gone bust that you must therefore be completely lunatic and it's only for experts who know what they're doing". No matter how simple the explanatory drawing on the back of the fag packet/envelope they cannot understand the opportunities offered by a volatile market and I no longer bother even trying.

If this had been a serious programme in the form of the Turtles experiment (I see the blurb says it's a new idea LOL) then it certainly might be worth watching - but it seems more like a financial version of Big Brother. We have not been privy to their training and yet the odd comment slips out which indicates that they have had some proper guidance and yet according to the programme they just pick a share on on a whim and are surprised when it doesn't do what they never thought about or considered in the first place.

For me, the most interesting facet is the psychological reactions of the players - I'm not sure whether any of this has been rigged by the show producer - or even if some no-hopers were deliberately recruited for their entertainment value!. Simon the BT man and Chloe the the vet seem representative of people who have for the first time in their lives come across a problem they can't crack. At least Simon knows that he is not up to it whereas Chloe doesn't even realise it! I personally would try and put Simon's cereal bowl out of the way (but I doubt it would fit) because he's obviously eating the wrong kind of cornflakes. And maybe it's that BIC pen in Chloe's hairdo that's pressing on the decision-making area of her brain!

All in all a disappointing .programme but you have to watch don't you?

thanks for the comments fowks, I will not be wasting any more time watching this cr*p

part2:
the oldie gets the chop. that was on the cards. his losses exceeded the gains of the entire rest of the group!
that vet woman - bit dippy. She really is upsetting the dynamic of the group, and getting a lot of attention from the rest of the group. but shes a no-hoper.
(I can relate to the old-guy. I am in systems development. when you enter the same parameters into a program, you expect to get the same output. It took a long while, (more than 2 weeks) before I had to grasp the statistical nature of results when applying the same concept.)
Maybe the vet-woman is the same; she is used to knowing the precise amount of the correct medication to save lives; uncertan outcomes are not what she is trained for.

The ones doing well, the business-woman, and the fight-promoter, work in environments where they are dealing with areas where the outcomes arent clear-cut, and have life-experience to realise they can only control their responses to an uncertain outcome,and not control the outcome itself.
the shopkeeper-bloke, (the one who blew £25K in ONE DAY!), still uncertaion about him.
economic-analysis guy, uncertain about him.
military-guy; buying weapon-stocks. sticking to his comfort-zone. (its a bad world. if someone is going to make money selling white-phosphorus to burn children in Gaza, it might as well be him.)

trading techniques: they do seem to be making their decisions at the start of the trading day. and the control-guy (Anton) did say that positions are generally held for days at a time.
they seemed to be responding to news; looking for companies that would be affected by overnight news-events at the opening bell. Anton did say "BP is at support", so they must understand such principles. But then he went and said "price has no memory", which kind of contradicts the concept of "price is at support". I guess its all in the edit.

best bit: oldie finally leaves.
worst bit: crying, weepy vet-woman. needs a good slapping.
funny bit: exchange between oldie and control-guy over "futures".

If they were starting to act like real traders then they would be making money! I HAVE SEEN MORE LIFE FROM A DEAD ESTATE AGENT!

I love the way they all sit there watching their screen's when there in the s**t, hoping that it will come good.

The funniest part for me was when Simon said he would sell his shares when they hit 700 but not at 726! Or whatever it is, Hysterical!

Lucky Clio knows how to hedge properly otherwise they'd all be in the drink....

Lucky you had that stop!

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were starting to act like real traders then they would be making money! I HAVE SEEN MORE LIFE FROM A DEAD ESTATE AGENT!

I love the way they all sit there watching their screen's when there in the s**t, hoping that it will come good.

The funniest part for me was when Simon said he would sell his shares when they hit 700 but not at 726! Or whatever it is, Hysterical!

Lucky Clio knows how to hedge properly otherwise they'd all be in the drink....

Lucky you had that stop!

Can I invest some money with you please

Fight Promoter, "just tear up the rule book, ignore the rules" HELLOOO??????
Tree hugger "I'm not comfortable with the stocks you are trading" HELLOO? Idon't give a ****.
Dippy vet bird "whine, whinge, its not fair I'm off out for some space"
Shopkeeper, "we lost a lot of money when I tried to trade at university" No change there then.
Old Geezer, " Ijust don't think I'm cut out for this" The only sensible statement in he programme.

I thought this might have the potential to be good viewing, watching people learning from mistakes, trying to work together, feeding off each others strengths and weaknesses but it is degenerating into a farcical protrayal of Lex van dam/Anton the scouser ego trip by public humiliation of the participants.

Fight Promoter, "just tear up the rule book, ignore the rules" HELLOOO??????
Tree hugger "I'm not comfortable with the stocks you are trading" HELLOO? Idon't give a ****.
Dippy vet bird "whine, whinge, its not fair I'm off out for some space"
Shopkeeper, "we lost a lot of money when I tried to trade at university" No change there then.
Old Geezer, " Ijust don't think I'm cut out for this" The only sensible statement in he programme.

I thought this might have the potential to be good viewing, watching people learning from mistakes, trying to work together, feeding off each others strengths and weaknesses but it is degenerating into a farcical protrayal of Lex van dam/Anton the scouser ego trip by public humiliation of the participants.

Anton is an ******** and a bully!! i wonder how he got those bags under his eyes and why he keeps sniffing.

are you suggesting that he's a fan of the old Bolivian marching powder? ;)

The programme had lots of potential, but it is not great (although I still always watch it!)
I expect the US will follow suit with their own version, and I hope that they will concentrate on something a bit more systematic and technical.