• Love it

Votes: 121 61.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Not too bothered either way really

Votes: 61 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for me growing up does not just 'happen' to people it is something one has to choose otherwise one remains with infantile behaviour patterns.

dealing with ones own fear and greed everyday through trading isn't fun. which is why i like it. where else can you be challenged with your own demons in such a direct way. you have to reassess the opinion of yourself when you realise how much greed and fear really have a grip.

and the p and l tells you the truth. as they say in football the league don't lie.

as for treating brokers like "your bitch"....what a c0ck. if you have a good broker he is worth his weight in gold.

in an earlier episode the brokers were the ones telling them to watch positions which were moving dramatically. but for them.......

I've never heard such a load of muppet nonsense. Bring in a bucket to throw up in? Treat your broker like your bitch? Its clear what he spends his money on. If this was supposed to be an experiment then it didnt work, but what the hell were they trying to achieve. The 3 left at the end were the focussed and disciplined ones, that is all they had to teach them at the beginning. Also if they had given them all the same set of rules then they could have fired the tree hugger before the first day.
This was an exercise in humiliation and a cheap publicity stunt for this Lex van dam guy and I would not be surprised if he doesn't set himself up as a Winters/Secker alternative. Watch the trader journals to see if this happens.

This was an exercise in humiliation and a cheap publicity stunt for this Lex van dam guy and I would not be surprised if he doesn't set himself up as a Winters/Secker alternative. Watch the trader journals to see if this happens.

I doubt that very much, ie potential cash rewards training -vs- trading, a no brainer.

i liked what the kid said about there being 'a story' behind the price action. Anton said he made a mature decision in staying. For me, given the muppet walkout, that was what the show was about. maturity. those who have it and those who don't.

I concur and sooner people realise just like any discipline has its own set of jargon words, every job has its suitable individuals with wrong/right abilities to manage the challenges presented to them.

Working in a shop.
Working in a warehouse.
Working in a builders merchants.
Working in IT. :cheesy:
Working in trading room.
Working in accountancy.
Working as a football player??? :p

Different human skill sets are required as well as learning ability to cope with the different calibre of people one meets.

No right or wrong individuals just simply right person for the right job for the right task. This is where good management and ability to read people and consider human social aspects come in.

Temperament and aptitude determine ones success to carry out the tasks / work presented to one.

So I doubt out of 8 bodies you could get them all to deliver on the requirements to become a trader. I doubt you could teach them too. Especially to people who do not wish to acknowledge they are wrong. Let's say diplomatically they are not the right person for the job - rather than the wrong person for the job.

I just like watching human interaction and how people react when they are in their discomfort zone. Guinea pig experiment.

Entertainment value? Yes I think so.

as for treating brokers like "your bitch"....what a c0ck. if you have a good broker he is worth his weight in gold.

I doubt that very much, ie potential cash rewards training -vs- trading, a no brainer.
I agreee but look at the low risk involved. In any case he will only have to show up for an hour at the beginning and then hand to 500 or so candidates over to someone else.
:cool: @ £5000 a time or whatever he charges he could double his hedge fund in a few weeks.

This is a comment left on anton kreil's website: Anton Kreil - Million Dollar Traders Nice analysis;

' The problem is, that ordinary people are not prepared as a result of their life experiences in general, to enter and survive the domain of trading. I will explain why. The reason is that nearly everything in ordinary life is to some extent or other, repairable, whether by apology, repair, reimbursement, reconciliation or whatever. The trading environment appears cruel to them, and devoid of comfort, with the verdicts that it delivers against which there is no reparation or appeal. They are not prepared for this. Therfore they persist in applying the protocols they have been apt to use all their lives which, for the purpose of trading, are not relevant. Ordinary people view this as a personal affront when they turn out to be wrong and cannot handle the situation using the protocols they use in ordinary life. Additionally to it being a personal affront to them through their viewpoint it is a shock. This stimulates them to become emotional. Emotion is very detrimental to the trader, because emotion impairs reason, and what is more, the ability to logically deduce and reason and ACT in accordance WITH that reason....'

Being rude to brokers and providing sick buckets has four purposes.
1. Entertainment value.
2. Taking the mick from viewers.
3. Emphasising dedication and focus.
4. Separating the wheat from the chaff.

All worked........as did self-selection of the fittest (not for trading from home, which is quite different) but for trading on a desk in the City.
If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen.......
Richard

<rant>

what a feckin pointless exercise !

some joker stumps up a million bucks and the end result is a TV series that'll probably make him 5X that in profits

A bunch of gormless unemployed half wits presumably doing nothing more important with their time or lives apply to grab 15 minutes of z list celebrity fame !. Jesus if they wanted to trade, they'd have opened a spread betting account and done it

They have to be good under pressure ! what pressure !, trading someone elses money, particuilarly as a laboratory rat in an experiment carries absolutely no pressure at all, well about as much pressure as sticking a a 50 p piece in a slot machine

They have to be good at maths... whats 32 x 32 FFS, simple arithimatic hardly constitutes being "good at maths"

I'll probably still watch it though :LOL:
</end rant>
Surely you remember pre-decimalisation? 3234 shares at £1. 2s 3 3/16d (there was a quick way of doing it, I confess)

Surely you remember pre-decimalisation? 3234 shares at £1. 2s 3 3/16d (there was a quick way of doing it, I confess)

I remember pre decimilization very well, but alas my trading activities at the time where restricted entirely to the school playground, and there wasnt much of a market for shares as I recall, but I did a roaring trade in cigarette cards !

Just thought I'd post my 2p..... I thought it was generally a load of bull.... I know zip about hedge funds, but in the last 3 months, would anyone in their right mind have be going long or trying to find pairs? Maybe I missed the point... Perhaps gold is a good long now?

The whole thing was pure entertainment. Good to see you posting again, Martin.
Richard

Just thought I'd post my 2p..... I thought it was generally a load of bull.... I know zip about hedge funds, but in the last 3 months, would anyone in their right mind have be going long or trying to find pairs? Maybe I missed the point... Perhaps gold is a good long now?

Hi Martin,

Given the current state of the country and opportunities etc...will you be making a trading comeback ?