TS2000i with Mytrack

iainpw

Looking for help regarding TS2000i using Mytrack realtime Silver. ($20 per mth)
Before i subscibe to Mytrack i'm trying to figure out what i will need to get the data into TS.
I'm presuming i will need something similar like Hyperserver Lite to act as the on-demand server for providing the data. Is Hyperserver the best choice or is there a better alternative ?

Would the $20 cover FTSE350 and a few indices (S+P, DOW, DAX & FTSE) ?
Would there be additional exchange fees ? & if so how much ?

I've considered IQfeed but they don't appear to cover FTSE350 stocks.
Also, i probably would have gone for IB but for the fact that i would prefer to find my feet Spreadbetting with small bet sizes before i can get onto bigger positions on IB.

The Mytrack site doesn't have a contact number or Email address so i would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Iain

Just realised that Mytrack only covers 20 tickers with an extra fee for another 100.
Doesn't look too promising now.

Iain

Iain

Think you've reached this conclusion but MyTrack is not very cheap with everything taken into consideration. You are not only required to pay for the extra tickers, but there is also extra premium for exchanges and historical data and you may need DDE enabling. To link MyTrack into Tradestation you would need DDE using something like Metaserver DDE from Trader-soft. I considered this route. But if you just want a simple and cost effective datafeed to enable you to get started, I would reconsider IQFeed with hyperserver. Although IQFeed don't supply FT350 share data, there is a lot more they do provide. For about £30.00/month ($53.00/m) you can have NYSE,AMEX and NASDAQ and there is also US and Euro futures and forex available.

Hope this helps.

DaveG

Dave,
Thanks for that - one question for you :-
Would i be able to get the futures or cash prices for both the FTSE100 & DAX through IQFeed ?

Cheers,
Iain

Iain

You can receive data from both LIFFE and Eurex (some of the US exchanges supply cash indicies). There is a subscription for RT (very competitive - I should be on commission), but you can get delayed (20 minutes) with the basic subscription. Most symbols are available directly off the IQFeed website www.iqfeed.net. There may be a free trial available (although I think you have to pay for the exchanges
- $3.00).

DaveG

DaveG,

To link MyTrack into Tradestation you would need DDE using something like Metaserver DDE from Trader-soft. I considered this route

I have an account with Mybroker through which I have access to Mytrack data.

I presently link Tradestation to IB using Hyperserver Lite but I could do with more symbols.

Hyperserver have a DDE version of their link but I haven't the faintest idea how to begin performing the linking operation to Tradestation.

The people at Hyperserver try to be helpful but there is a language difficulty (they are Italian).

Can you help? Very grateful if you can.

LII

Dave,
Thanks again - i'm looking through the IQFeed site now to find the tickers i need before i sign-up.

Iain

PS LevII - Trader333 is very helpful on these matters.

LevII

When I considered the DDE route I decided at the time it would be too laborious. The last time I attempted this was with a DOS product called Indexia (superseded by Updata with TA) where a dynamic Excel spreadsheet running macros was involved with lots of cutting and pasting. I can only assume how the DDE link might work with MyTrack and Tradestation/Hyperserver/MetaserverDDE.

But here goes, if MyTrack were enabled (and you can query this with the hosts in MyTrack Chat) for DDE then you may be able to copy and dynamically link/paste any price from the MyTrack trading platform into a spreadsheet or directly into Hyperserver/MetaserverDDE application (this will need verification). If the price on MyTrack changes then the linked price in the Spreadsheet/application would also change. Hyperserver/Metaserver can be added to Globalserver very easily under Tools>setup wizard for hyperserver or I think DMS server for metaserver. The other way this would work is if the MyTrack trading platform became some sort of DDE server, with each cell or price that could be referenced or addressed directly within hyperserver/metaserver.

The other obstacle for me using MyTrack is the price, MyTrack charges for the DDE link. This was around $50.00 when I last looked, although I think you can sometimes negotiate with them. Much cheaper and more elegant in getting a direct feed.

Iain in the previous mail is correct in identifying Trader333 as being an expert on TS.

DaveG

Thanks both for the helpful replies.

Some while ago I tried IQ but, for some reason, I persistently received corrupt data and had to cancel. Even 333 was unable to help! I never was able to establish what was going wrong.

Since then I've been scratching around trying to find a reliable data source at a reasonable price. Still haven't found the answer.

For the moment I can cope and will stick with IB but it really is a pain.

Thanks again

LevII,
From my research into datafeeds there isn't a great deal of choice. I considered Mytrack myself but because of the restriction to 20 tickers and the extra cost of using TS i'm not bothering with them. I'll probably go with IQFeed for now and hope i don't have too many problems with them.
Maybe in the future when i gain more experience i will go down the IB route and trade the futures but for now i'll stick with spreadbetting with small bets for now.
I would have liked the FTSE350 shares on IQ but i'll make do without them.

Dave,
Still looking for all the tickers on IQ. I will sign up once i can see everything i need.

Iain

Iain,

Everyone (except me) seems to report a good experience with IQ.

Best of luck.