IB Codes for Tradestation 2000i

LevII

Established member
Sorry if this has been dealt with before. If it has I can't find it.

Can anyone help with the IB codes to insert into Global Server for the (major) currency pairs?

I use TS2000i with the IB datafeed and Hyperserver Lite. Works well for stocks, hopefully also for currencies.

LII

Ian P managed to get this working but I am unable to remember how. Also try jtrader he was also asking how to do this a while ago.

Paul

First shutdown globalserver and hyperserver. These files are only read when hyperserver starts.

Go to the directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Vendor Data Feeds\InteractiveBrokers

Using notepad, edit the file "ExchangesList.txt", and change the line that says "Z=IDEAL" to "Z=IDEALPRO"

Using notepad, edit the file "ExchangesCross.txt", and change the line that says "FOREX=IDEAL" to "FOREX=IDEALPRO".

Now start globabalserver, and add a new security with template=forex and exchange=CFOREX. The symbol of course will be the two currency codes, eg EURUSD.

Sorry chaps, similar question, same apology if dealt with elsewhere.

Can anyone help with the IB codes etc to insert into Global Server for the major indices?

Riddle, I'm sure I PMed you in thanks for the above post - works fine. If I didn't I apologise.

I think you did, if not, no problem. All I have setup are INDU (on the NYSE exchange), SPX, RUT and VIX on CBOE exchange.

Do a search on http://www.cboe.com/DelayedQuote/Symbol.aspx for 'index'. Many (but not all) of those are available.

I guess you could set up TICK-NYSE TRIN-NYSE TICK-NASD TRIN-NASD (on exchange NYSE) as well, but I tend to use quotetracker for those.

What indices do you require ?

Which interface are you using between IB and GlobalServer ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm using Hyperserver Lite.

Want to get S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell and, perhaps, a few others. I have no difficulty at all in bringing them up in TWS but I can't get them up in TS2000i.

Reason is that I have some real time software that reads csv files which I create on a bar by bar basis from TS2000i!! Complex I know but it assists in making profitable trades. For that reason I cannot simply rely on QT as that will not, of course, produce the csv files.

I remember having a similar issue a while ago and it was to do with how Hyperserver reads IB. I cannot remember the exact answer but if all else fails you can email hyperserver and they will tell you how. I dont currently use Hyperserver with IB but when the markets open I will see if I can replicate the same.

Paul

LevII said:
Hi Paul,

I'm using Hyperserver Lite.

Want to get S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell and, perhaps, a few others. I have no difficulty at all in bringing them up in TWS but I can't get them up in TS2000i.

Reason is that I have some real time software that reads csv files which I create on a bar by bar basis from TS2000i!! Complex I know but it assists in making profitable trades. For that reason I cannot simply rely on QT as that will not, of course, produce the csv files.

Hi,

I used Ib and Hyperserver for a short period last year , as Paul said I had problems formatting
the futures symbols, In the end I got the correct formatting from Hyperserver tech support, But I cant remember what it was . Send them a email they are very helpful.

Ian