Trying to Set up Sierra and My Track

Lady Penelope

I'm experiencing problems setting up Sierra Chart with My Track silver
My objectives are to have ;

Dow
Footsie (indexe and stocks )
Euro indices (as a package or selected indexes depending on prices )

I would like to have EOD charts as well as Live charting.

I have purchased both Sierra and My track silver service but being Saturday there are no live charts available.

Sierra does not seem to have set up or linked in with my track as it is not named in the data supplier section .
What would be really helpful would be step by step, easy to understand instructions as to how to get the whole thing set up and working properly also any general pointers as to how to get the best out of this set up

MANY THANKS

Lady Penelope

Last edited:
You need to sign up for Mytrack Silver Service.
You can download historical charts to the latest market price at any time, including weekends.

Go into Mytrack Chat and click on Entitlements, Features, and check the Sierra Chart box in the list.
Then go into Sierra and click on File and the Data Source Settings.
The Server Name is for Mytrack is host.trackdata.com. (There should be a default in the box for this already)
Enter your Sierra User name and password.
Those are the basics to get things set up.

To download a historical chart, click on File, New/Open Historical (End of Day) chart, and enter the ticker in the File Name box.
Same for an Intraday chart.

Dow ticker is DJI
Ftse ticker is UK.X

Hope this helps.
Glenn

Thank you Glenn

Dear Glenn

Thank you for your help.When I attempted to set up Mytrack through chat it told me to re start when Sierra was selected but still did not save the changes. I'm still getting the same problems with Sierra data source settings. Seem to have no way of saving anything to the boxes which are all empty, no passwords or user names and just a number in 'top left data feed service'
also Sierra Data S.S. page seems to go off the edges of my screen, even though my monitor is set up ok .. Maybe there are some hidden boxes out of vision. I'm sure it's going to be great when I can get it all working...any more ideas??

Thanks again

Lady Penelope

Last edited:
Lady Penelope said:
Dear Glenn

Thank you for your help.When I attempted to set up Mytrack through chat it told me to re start when Sierra was selected but still did not save the changes. I'm still getting the same problems with Sierra data source settings. Seem to have no way of saving anything to the boxes which are all empty, no passwords or user names and just a number in 'top left data feed service'
also Sierra Data S.S. page seems to go off the edges of my screen, even though my monitor is set up ok .. Maybe there are some hidden boxes out of vision. I'm sure it's going to be great when I can get it all working...any more ideas??

Thanks again

Lady Penelope

Your Ladyship
Clearly there is somethin' amiss here. Perhaps The Hood has been up to 'is old tricks.
Are you sayin' that when you tick the Sierra Chart box in the Features of Mytrack, that the box is not ticked next time you look ?
And are you sayin' that there is no default name in the Server Name box ?
That is most odd your Ladyship. I 'ave never 'ad that problem.
May I suggest that you go to Mytrack Chat Channel 12 during market hours and chat to one of the support chaps on Tracy Island. If Scott or Virgil are not there, there are always others on hand to help. They are always helpful and will talk you though your problem.

Sorry your Ladyship, I don't know what you mean by the Sierra Data S.S. page. Would you mind explainin' what it is ?

Sorry I can't be more help your Ladyship

Parker
:)

This is how it should look.....

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 433
I've been testing a few alternative charting packages recently including Sierra, I had the same problem as you seem to having, in the end I had to ask Mytrack to 'switch' me on. You can only do this after about 12 noon UK time Monday to Friday.

However............

If you are not already committed to Mytrack/Sierra may I suggest you look at www.Prorealtime.com charting package who are based in Paris. Personally, I have found their charting package far superior to anything else I've found for around £30 per month all in. You'll find it intuitive and it has a nice floating screen, totally adjustable, which I’ve found to be useful. Of course everyone has their own favorite charting package, but if you're just starting off take a look before you decide. I've found the staff there very helpful and what's more you get a free month to try it out.

The down side for you (if you really do want to trade the FTSE) is that they refuse to pay the exorbitant costs demanded by the UK exchange, so FTSE is not available. Suggest you look at Dow or S&P or Forex if you want alternatives to trade.

Hope this is helpful, PM me if you need further advice.

Sally.

ChartMan said:
This is how it should look.....

Thanks Chartman,

System now works, resolution problem left to wrong setting, teenagers playing computer games! Want to include European indexes as well as Dow. Would you happen to know is it better to have this as a package or individually, I need EOD data for ftse 100 and ftse stocks, dax, cac, mib30, dji.

Once again thanks for your help.

Frances

Well done Parker!...

Thank's Glenn

Problems now resolved ...due to demon teenagers altering screen resolution settings while playing computer games ...
Now all is at peace once again here on Tracy Island...but like they said in Fireball XL5 ..anything can happen in the next five minutes...

Lady Penelope

Glenn said:
Your Ladyship
Clearly there is somethin' amiss here. Perhaps The Hood has been up to 'is old tricks.
Are you sayin' that when you tick the Sierra Chart box in the Features of Mytrack, that the box is not ticked next time you look ?
And are you sayin' that there is no default name in the Server Name box ?
That is most odd your Ladyship. I 'ave never 'ad that problem.
May I suggest that you go to Mytrack Chat Channel 12 during market hours and chat to one of the support chaps on Tracy Island. If Scott or Virgil are not there, there are always others on hand to help. They are always helpful and will talk you though your problem.

Sorry your Ladyship, I don't know what you mean by the Sierra Data S.S. page. Would you mind explainin' what it is ?

Sorry I can't be more help your Ladyship

Parker

" you happen to know is it better to have this as a package or individually, I need EOD data for ftse 100 and ftse stocks, dax, cac, mib30, dji."

Not aware of any packages Mi'lady. Can't 'elp you there.
With Mytrack you can switch individual exchanges on and orf monthly if you don't need them, if that helps.
Glenn

It used to be the case that MyTrack UK EOD data was absolutely appalling and full of errors. They never even did the most basic of error checking on their data before releasing it ( ie price cannot be<> 50% of previous day's close for example).If you were lucky, it was corrected a few days later.... It may have changed now, but buyer beware.When I queried it with them on a number of occasions,( a few years back) they said "we're aware of it and are going to sort it. " They never did and I gave up.

Sierra indicators ...

Many Thanks Chartman
Sierra now up and running and the Dow live feed is great, sorry to hear it's not the best for eod European stocks,can i ask which one is best for these ?
Also at the risk of sounding really stupid where are all the indicators in Sierra and how do you include them, can only find stochastic and that's about it, unlike Qcharts that has easy, drop down menu access to a whole array of em..and how do you change those awful colours ...lol..
best regards
Frances

ChartMan said:
It used to be the case that MyTrack UK EOD data was absolutely appalling and full of errors. They never even did the most basic of error checking on their data before releasing it ( ie price cannot be<> 50% of previous day's close for example).If you were lucky, it was corrected a few days later.... It may have changed now, but buyer beware.When I queried it with them on a number of occasions,( a few years back) they said "we're aware of it and are going to sort it. " They never did and I gave up.

Indicators are under Analysis>>Studies menu. You include one by clicking on it, then clicking Add. You may wish to alter the Settings while you're there.

Colours can be changed with Chart>>Graphics settings global menu.

Moving average query

Dear Frugi

Thanks, system looks great now!, I am trying to set up the expontenial moving average and want to set it to 100 days, can you advise me how to do this please? Sorry for being so demanding!!!????

Many thanks

Frances

frugi said:
Indicators are under Analysis>>Studies menu. You include one by clicking on it, then clicking Add. You may wish to alter the Settings while you're there.

Colours can be changed with Chart>>Graphics settings global menu.

Select tools, studies (F6). Then scroll down the top left box until you get to Moving Average-Exponential.Click ADD.Now under settings, select 100.Chose the colour that you want the line to be.Set Data item to close ( average price of the CLOSEing bar on each period). Displace = 0.Draw width = 1 ( fine, 2= medium line width). Value format 0.1.Chart region = 1 ( the price chart)

i agree with chartman , use sierra for fx( down a while today) would like to put on thier eod data for uk stocks but seemed patchy ? are they working for you penelope?

The MyTrack feed is better than it was a year or two ago. Most stocks print fine, but others, especially our flagship telecon, leave a little to be desired. It's generally obvious when there's a bad tick so unlikely to be dangerous, but still irksome (intraday is much better):

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    35.4 KB · Views: 290
Hi Henry

Dear Henry,
Will let you know about eod's when it's all working properly ...as i'm still finding my way around Sierra at the moment

Frances

henry766 said:
i agree with chartman , use sierra for fx( down a while today) would like to put on thier eod data for uk stocks but seemed patchy ? are they working for you penelope?

good luck "melady", i've slightly given up on idea ( uk stocks)as need to be input manually some seem to be missing and can't do as much as my metastock eod , still use em for fx , sierra nice for me for this , data could be better more reliable!!