Trojan TR/Dldr.Mediket.S.2

clylbw

AntiVir has found trojan TR/Dldr.Mediket.S.2 in my machine, but it did not deleted it.

The trojan has escaped scans by Ad-Aware, SpyBot and Microsoft AntiSpyware, so they did not tackle it, either.

How can I delete it? Many thanks.

Google wasn't very helpful. So I'd suggest going into safe mode (press F8 before the Windows logo appears and select Safe mode option) and then re-running AntiVir and your updated spyware programs.

If AntiVir tells you which files are infected can you delete the files manually?

Lynn,

Ad-Aware, SpyBot and Microsoft AntiSpyware are spyware detectors so they may not necessarily detect a trojan.

Paul

Many thanks.

I have used TrendMicro, McAfee and Trojan Online Virus scans listed in the Security and Virus Information thread; none found anything. Then I ran AntiVir again, and it picked up the trojan again.

I tried to find the file and delete it by searching it by its name under the safe mode, guess what? The system did not found anything with a similar name.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated. :devilish: :eek: :mad:

What is the actual name of the infected file?

You could try the free anti virus program AVG (www.grisoft.com). I'm running the paid for version and find it pretty good, when it can't delete a file it at least lets you know where it is so you can delete it yourself.

Hi bjseed,

The file's name is TR/Dldr.Mediket.S.2, or so AntiVir says.

I doubt AVG would be compatible with AntiVir. Although I have only tried the free versions of the two, I prefer AntiVir, and it has been effective until this.

clylbw said:
I doubt AVG would be compatible with AntiVir. Although I have only tried the free versions of the two, I prefer AntiVir, and it has been effective until this.

You're quite right, in fact I should have said not to run 2 or more antivirus programs simultaneously as they kind of fight against each other.

Although I'm new to this site I like to think I'm clued up on IT (used to do it for a living) so if you want to PM me I'll try to help.

Many thanks to bjseed's help :) ; I have finally found the location of the trojan.

According to AntiVir, the path of the trojan is:

C:\DOCUME~1\(my registered name)\LOCALS~1\TEMP\AAWTMP\C12955208\3B6E78\EIED_S7_C_7.EXE

I searched the file by the name EIDE and found three, but could only delete one. For the other two, a warning came out, which said the containing folder could not be opened or deleted.

Can anyone please tell me what to do now? So many thanks.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a trojan dialer, Norton couldn't deal with it, it wasn't able to dial premium numbers via my old isp, so I didn't stress, only a complete re-install killed it. I think Norton and prob others give you an option to isolate the file, keeping it inoperative.

I solved the problem by uninstalling the programme that kept telling me that I had a virus that was Norton, so I uninstalled Norton, problem solved.

clylbw said:
Many thanks to bjseed's help :) ; I have finally found the location of the trojan.

C:\DOCUME~1\(my registered name)\LOCALS~1\TEMP\AAWTMP\C12955208\3B6E78\EIED_S7_C_7.EXE

I searched the file by the name EIDE and found three, but could only delete one. For the other two, a warning came out, which said the containing folder could not be opened or deleted.

Have you tried deleting the remaining folder/files using the method I posted above (working safe mode)? Usually doe the trick for getting rid of such awkward files!

So many thanks to you all. I have deleted the files under safe mode; hopefully my computer has got rid of the awful trojan now.

Good to hear Clylbw. Maybe these techniques will help others doing a search for a solution.

Trojanhunter.com
This is a top rated programme for tracking and destroying nastyTrojans.

how to remove

the way to remove any trojan is easy..since ur anti virus cant remove it...it locate..so go to registry and take it off your computer. Follow the exact way your antivirus give to and good luck :p

clylbw said:

Antivirus programmes etc, occaisonally, find false positives. If they cannot be deleted, they are normally quarantined. The fact that no other prog found this troj suggests a falsie.
Re playing in the registry.....not recommended unless you know what you're doing. :eek: