triggered again..

sher24

hi sharky!
just want to let you know i got triggered at 452pm(which has been the case for the previous few times) for my Kingfisher.
is it due to the after-market volatility?
when i checked the charts, the candlesticks didn't even reached the levels i got triggered!
please advise!

Sherwin

It could well be, though when it says 4:52 that's approx 4:30 with the 20 min delay - I should probably display the latter time to avoid confusion - there shouldn't be any after market activity.

As for a blip in the price feed triggering the alert, I could add some sort of validation whereby the price has to stay at the trigger level for at least 5 mins, or maybe work off the mid price all the time - suggestions for members would be much appreciated, what do you think is a fair way of dealing with stops/limits?

Paul.

Sharky

As for a blip in the price feed triggering the alert, I could add some sort of validation whereby the price has to stay at the trigger level for at least 5 mins, or maybe work off the mid price all the time - suggestions for members would be much appreciated, what do you think is a fair way of dealing with stops/limits?

Yes please, do something about
1) defining the 20 minute delay, how does it work, what relevance is the time of your trade after you have confirmed it, etc
2) As I do not know how you deal with the prices with this 20 minute delay its impossible to suggest how deal with stops/limits

pehaps you could post the rules you are currently using and then invite comments.
Cheers

Agreed, let's review the competition rules this week in preperation for the new competition next week, I'll post them in a seperate thread tomorrow and invite comments.

Paul.