Trendsignal & Goldline - are they connected?

LevII

Established member
I have been doing the best I can to try to check out the Trendsignal organisation prior to visiting their offces for a demonstration.

Alarmingly, if one follows the following link (found on a google search on goldline systems) and clicks "goldline-systems" one is taken (after a short pause) to the Trendsignal home page!

http://www.thegoldtrader.co.uk/..\goldline-systems\index.htm

Similarly, the tempter of
Did you make £9,987 last month trading the markets?
on the Trendsignal page http://www.trendsignal.co.uk/more_details.asp is virtually identical to the old Goldline site.
Did you make £9,800 in May tax-free!!

Is there connection between Mr Harniman, Selecta7, Asset18 and Trendsignal? I hope not.

Is there anyone (Skim perhaps if you have time) with better research capabilities than me who can find out what, if anything, is going on?

Thanks in anticipation

LII

Last edited:
It seems that goldline & assett 18 are connected
stop looking for a system that will make you money

the only thing that works , is t/a and using your brain
these buy in systems do no work
it seems I cannot post a link to advfn, but 1guy has lost £1.000, in 1 play , so forget it and get down to learning.
hornblower

I have been doing the best I can to try to check out the Trendsignal organisation prior to visiting their offces for a demonstration.

Are their offices in the Stevenage/Hithcin area? They seem to run most of these schemes from that area.

No,

Milton Keynes.

But the invitation to visit is reminiscent of Selecta7, Goldline et al isn't it?

LII

Milton Keynes is only a short distance from Stevenage. There certainly seems to be a connection.

The URLs of trendsignal.co.uk and thegoldtrader.co.uk are registered to the same person.

I think that the similarity of statements about making £9,800-odd per month profit is just to appeal to a certain type of person. If it were possible using the system as sold, and if it were consistent enough to repeat that for 12 consecutive months (pie in the sky) then it would be, approximately, £120,000 per year. That is the sort of annual income which would appeal to those with high disposable income (ie sufficient to purchase the system in the first place), who are probably in a stressful job, and who dream of making their fortune by using a software program to pick buys and sells. That's the dream which turns into a nightmare.

Also, note that very rarely does anyone infer that one can make more than £10,000 per month - it's always just less than that.

It looks to me as if it's just psychological marketing tactics designed to appeal to their target audience.

And do remember that when these systems are sold, they will always use the best month for illustration purposes; drawdowns and losses are swept under the carpet (if you can find the carpet in the first place). Ask any such provider, and there's a deathly silence or a nonsense answer.

Don't know if they are connected but just received an e-mail from Goldline "£10,000 from the last 4 profitable trades" Previous e-mail quoted £14,000 profit since December. Both e-mails had a sidebar column which stated "£2,000 to £67,000 tax free since the start" Now its either pure laziness not to update that part of each e-mail or they have made £10k and lost £10k between the 2 e-mails as the balance hasn't changed....if your talking to these people maybe you should ask them about the figures.

Also someone else mentioned the wording, "£10k from the last 4 profitable trades"....the last 4 profitable trades??? Their last 4 profitable trades may well have made £10k but what about the 6 duff ones in between the winners?? Maybe you should ask them about those too.

Barge poles with extendable handles springs to mind.

Ooh and if you are in conversation with them ask them for a free trail (which they will refuse) and pre-empt their answer which will be "we can't give free trials as that would be unfair to existing clients"....yeah right! Trotting out the same old tosh!

I just want to congratulate and thank all contributers to this board. I have had a very similar experience with Assett18. Its the same guys or breed of guys doing these systems. They seem to be moving from system to system selecta Assett Goldline Trendline etc.

It seems obvious that if the systems were as good as they suggest then they would be using the blessed things themselves to make the money. When asked about that in relation to Assett18 they said they could not get all the bets down because so many bookies did not want to take their bets they were so successfull.

Such an argument is totally without basis in golf betting terms and has no relevance at all in goldline/trendline. So why sell a winning formula. Some reason will be trotted out no doubt.

Keep your money from these sharks . Join an investment club.

Thank God for the Internet and boards like this.

Cheers

.......so many bookies did not want to take their bets they were so successfull.

I have seen this argument before and it is utter nonsense. You can always gets your bets on at Betfair and usually in very large amounts so their comments just show that they have no confidence in their own system.

I also know of professional gamblers who never have problems getting their bets on as all they do is have around 10 to 15 accounts and rotate their bets.

It is just more excuses

Paul

Enough of this nonsense

OK. Some facts.

1. I own half of TrendSignal, Jerry (my business partner)
2. We are in NO WAY AT ALL connected with Goldlines (this is actually stated on our website, without mentioning their names).
3. We just happen to have the same first names (albeit spelt differently) as the Goldline chaps.
4. Cranfiield is about 60km from Stevenage

Just for fun (and this is a quick post - check out the date ad time of this plus the attached graph), I have posted our latest 5 minute chart here. Note EVERYTHING about the signals is automatically drawn.

We use the £10k a month style adverts, that is true. WHY? Because if you don't people don't look at your product. We have complained about the adverts that other people run - and guess what? They don't care.

As far as our product goes, it is NOT a black box (we do say that). You have to learn to trade it. It takes some time, but we do have a shed load of highly profitable users, and as FUTURES traders we know how much it makes.

OK. Its simple right? We are NOT Goldline. We trade for a living. Ring and ask me to send you a LIVE screen over the net - not a problem I'll do it.

Hope this sorts a few things out.

M.

Attachments

• live.jpg
    live.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,206
Last edited:
bigTer said:
Keep your money from these sharks . Join an investment club.

[/B]

Have you ever met us? Have you ever seen us trade? Please remind me of when if you have.

Calling people you don't know sharks is quite offensive (which is why I'm not calling you a Muppett).

For good order

What type of people use this board? I've just taken a call from someone accusing me of posting a graph that is "out of date". Blimey. here is one taken 30 secs ago (same contract, same day).

Short of doing this real time I don't see what else I can do (and no I am not drawing these by hand - the second thing the caller asked!!!!!).

Attachments

• live2.jpg
    live2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,029
The orignal query was mine. Doubtless you will understand why I raised it.

Thanks for having the b*lls to answer it.

I'll arrange to come for a demo. Who knows, you may convince me.

LevII said:
The orignal query was mine. Doubtless you will understand why I raised it.

Thanks for having the b*lls to answer it.

I'll arrange to come for a demo. Who knows, you may convince me.

Sure I understand why you raised it - I hadn't realised that the Goldline thing appeared on our web page - it doesn't on my browser. I asked my web bloke to have a look at it.

No probs with the b*lls. We are not con men, so we are not scared.

Pop up for a demo whenever you want - but give us a ring first. We only usually do one demo a week now (it's right pain in the ar*e to be honest). We are not a software company. We trade. We are simple people (meet us and that's one thing you will definately agree on).

trendsignal UK:

Thank you for having the good grace to come on these boards and clarify and correct any misunderstandings which have arisen by potential customers.

Skimbleshanks said:
trendsignal UK:

Thank you for having the good grace to come on these boards and clarify and correct any misunderstandings which have arisen by potential customers.

A pleasure. Had a lovely morning on FTSE so when a client rang to say we were being roundly attacked it seemed like a good idea. Thanks for letting me reply openly. And thanks for classifying me as a "rookie" - with 18 years trading experience I kind of figured I may be a novice!!! (heavy irony/sarcasm in that last bit)

We welcome companies who reply openly as it shows they take a responsible attitude towards their current and future customer base.

Our member titles are based on the numbers of posts, so as you currently have 9, you're most definitely a Rookie! For your information the title categories are as follows:
0 Newbie
5 Rookie
25 Junior Member
50 Member
100 Senior Member
500 Veteran Member
1000 Legendary Member

Destined to be a rookie!

Oh crikey. Apologies then, I am destined to be a rookie forever. I've (I hope) made my point.

Now I must make some more money or my wife will kill me through the death of a thousand credit card bills.

Thanks again for letting me post my little missive. You have some interesting users on here.

trendsignal UK said:
OK. Some facts.

1. I own half of TrendSignal, Jerry (my business partner)
2. We are in NO WAY AT ALL connected with Goldlines (this is actually stated on our website, without mentioning their names).

"The URLs of trendsignal.co.uk and thegoldtrader.co.uk are registered to the same person"

That seems like a bit of a connection to me.

TheBramble said:

"The URLs of trendsignal.co.uk and thegoldtrader.co.uk are registered to the same person"

That seems like a bit of a connection to me.

DER! Use your brain and look at the www.theGoldtrader.co.uk - it is a site that points to TrendSignal. It is though NOT the same as http://www.goldlinesystems.com/ which is the Goldline systems site.

I notice the in depth nature of your investigation here, and I couldn't help but wonder if you also advised Tony and George that there were definately WMD's in Iraq?

Last edited: