Trendsignal & Goldline - are they connected?

Sorry,

I read it wrong, he said it was the yellow algorithm lines that disappear, not the spots.

Apologies

bbmac said:
Well a right old bun fight there then!!

As the co-chairman of the London T2W traders group, I am sorry to learn on this thread that trendsignal will now not be coming to our meeting this Saturday 24th April.

Oh well,
enough said.

bbmac.

Sorry - its just that there are 2 people on here that seem to be able to say whever they want (unsubstanciated claims and then plain lies). They don't have the decency to admit when they are wrong (or making it up).

Neither has seen the product, and one won't even take me up on an offer of an all expenses paid trip to Milton Keynes (although that bit I guess I can understand!).

I am beginning to wonder if these are the people behind Goldlines :rolleyes: . (THIS IS A JOKE INCIDENTALLY).

Apologies to your London group - they are most welcome to come to our premises (individually or as a group outing).

Last edited:
Bigbusiness said:
Sorry,

I read it wrong, he said it was the yellow algorithm lines that disappear, not the spots.

Apology accepted, no worries. Unlike the other person you have the decency to say sorry. Thank you very much for that.

The S&R lines do not get removed - once the bug was reported I fixed it.

The stop never ever changes though (and it is that that controls a winning/losing trade), so I suspect that the person (and I don't know their real name from here) didn't upgrade to version 2 (the circles are on version 3).

Hope this is not advertising:

PLEASE contact me if you are a TS user that does not have the stops version, I did email you all, but maybe not all of my emails got through.

Trendsignal - read your own posts and my responses - in that order. It might help you to understand.

"We are simple traders".

My response was totally correct in that you are not just simple traders. Your are vendors of a trading system. You decided to interpret this as me saying 'you are not traders'.

I hope that same fuzzy logic isn't an integral part of your software or system. But it probably wouldn't matter if it was.

For the two t2w-ers who have great results with your system, I am genuinely pleased. Long may they continue to flourish. That's what it's all about.

But they could also get potentially good results tossing a coin. With sound money management in place - any system will do as well. But for that, they wouldn't have to pay £500.

My only issue with trading system vendors, as I pointed out to someone in a PM earlier today, is this...

If you (not TrendSignal, but the reader of this post) discovered a really good trading system that worked really well, and you were a trader, would you:-

. develop bespoke software for it
. write a a manual for it
. get glossy brochures produced for it
. set up a global network of support offices for it
. run demos for potential clients for it
. develop all the marketing, sales & support infrastructure to support these efforts...
. deal with suspicious souls like some of us on t2w

OR

...would you simply enjoy trading it and making a lot of money?

What other possible basis could there be for selling a trading system other than it makes more money than simply trading it would?

FWIW - I really am done on this thread ( a bun fight as someone has said - very true, and a bit of fun too). But even though you were 'finishing the debate' (a few posts ago... :LOL: ) don't let that stop you responding.

TheBramble said:
Trendsignal - read your own posts and my responses - in that order. It might help you to understand.

"We are simple traders".

My response was totally correct in that you are not just simple traders. Your are vendors of a trading system. You decided to interpret this as me saying 'you are not traders'.

Thanks for your wise advice. I just did that. From YOUR message the FULL quote (ironic that you decide to edit what you put on a post) is:

quote:

We are simple traders. Not court room barristers.

No. You are neither. You are commercial vendors of trading software.

My statement is the first line. Yours the second.

You said we were NEITHER. Get a dictionary. Read the word and understand what neither means. There is no fuzzy logic there.

Your statment leaves no room for interpretation. One word may not be important to you, but it is a word that you are using to distort the truth.

Please read your post again (full or just the bit above).

Then apologise. That is all I seek. One simple word.

Just say sorry - read the post and admit it, you made a small mistake.

No big deal - I've apologised on here, so now its your turn.

And yes, it has been fun of sorts.

Last edited:
Glad I started this thread.

A number of questions have been answered.

Thanks to all who contributed.

I like that 'put up or shut up' quote. The last person I heard using that was John Major. What a wise man he was.

Ah but he did get to be PM of this wonderful(?) country so he must have more to him than most of us! - Bit like Ronald Reagan being the most powerful man in the world.

We can knock him but we can't do it.

LII

"Neither has seen the product, and one won't even take me up on an offer of an all expenses paid trip to Milton Keynes (although that bit I guess I can understand!)".

So, does this mean if I insult you enough I might get an offer of a free trip and early demo ?

Just a comment on this often offered notion that no one with a worthwhile system would sell it....no, that is not the way business works at least in the way I have come to understand it.

True, altruism is not usually the underlying motive, but so what making money is not a cardinal sin. Fact is if you are deploying resources to develop a system ,in this case to trade yourself, it is simply cost efficient and good business to milk that effort for everything it can make. In this case that means selling it on.

Now you might say,but does that not threaten the profits of the developer .If it becomes too popular it will stop being effective. I suppose that might be a possibility,but thinking about the scale of the marketplace vis vis the scale with which this system will be deployed I would think the probability of that was slim to zero.

In any case of all those that try this system only some will come out ahead anyway (just as they would with most systems) and secondly if the software starts to lose effectiveness they probably just modify it to adapt it to current market conditions. They've done it once so why would they not do it again.

Thought I'd do the 'sucking up' anyway just in case the 'insults' don't work...straddle trade..

Cheers

chump said:
"Neither has seen the product, and one won't even take me up on an offer of an all expenses paid trip to Milton Keynes (although that bit I guess I can understand!)".

So, does this mean if I insult you enough I might get an offer of a free trip and early demo ?

Far better to just suck up to these lads ................ I've been promised a free system, a years supply of beer, a young lady to "entertain" me while I trade and to top it all they are going to cover any losses I make !

Eat yor heart out Big Biz !!!

Quaza,
"Far better to just suck up to these lads "

reverse psychology works better everytime ;)

Cheers

chump said:
Quaza,
"Far better to just suck up to these lads "

reverse psychology works better everytime ;)

Absolutely 100% correct............... ever since I started shorting my buy signals and buying my sell signals I've become profitable.

"a years supply of beer, a young lady to "entertain" me while I trade and to top it all they are going to cover any losses I make" !

Can I make an appointment..there is obviously something I need to learn from you.......

chump said:
Can I make an appointment..there is obviously something I need to learn from you.......

Hopefully nobody will think that we are making fun of Trendsignal or their system

I'd just like to repeat what I posted earlier .............

I've never seen the system but when I traded at LIFFE the guys from Trendsignal were futures traders in the FTSE pit. They are very smart and experienced traders.

> Becoming addicted?

Doh! I'm not sure - it just seems like I keep getting emails saying someone has said something.

Plus with a wireless PC at home it looks like I can maybe help (I don't mean that to be arrogant - what I mean I guess is offer personal advice) some people, whilst at the same time having a nice beer in my garden!. Luckily my laptop is a Panasonic Toughbook so water etc. doesn't affect it if I go mental and spill a bottle.

If anyone find my thoughts useful (which I doubt after my 4th Cascade) then thats cool.

You can stop the e-mails if you want to by editing your profile. Not trying to get rid of you though if you want to stay.

trendsignal:
U r most welcome to saty and post and -maybe will learn something from you.
Also it has "dampened the guys trying to cause disharmony and separated the wheat fronm the chaff".
Mind you sometimes abit of heated debate is good as long as something constructive and positive can come of it.
rgds
zarif

Zarif,

I see from another board that you only purchased trendsignal a few weeks ago. Will be interesting to see what you think in a years time. There are lots of systems that work well over a short period of time but not many that continue to work in the long term. That is one of the reasons why I am not interested in spending money on a system. The only person who is guaranteed to make money is the person selling it.