trendies FTMO Adventure IV: A New Hope

trendie

Legendary member
In a galaxy, far, far away...
A 35K Challenge.
Same trading rules.
Same risk rules.
More diligence.
Take profits when they present themselves.
(I am not a natural scalper, so tend to think a trade will last a whole day. So, I give it too much room to breathe, this usually means giving away too much profit before realising I should have bailed.)

Started today.
Only 1 trade. A loss of -20 pips.
No need for a graph for the moment.
ftmo4-aug03a.PNG

Disappointed I didn't take any more than 1 trade. +32 pips.
Again, no need for graphs.
ftmo4-aug04a.PNG

Missed the morning. Afternoon was wild, took a short (of course!) on 1-lot on US30.
Was doing well, but came back up, so bailed at +3pips or so!
Poor concentration for the day.
ftmo4-aug05a.PNG

2 trades.
First trade was a good short, the US30 was on a ledge, and I went short on the break down.
But, I watched £400+ profit disappear into just +6 pips.
I think the secret to scalping is to take a profit, and not care how far the market goes without you.

Took another short. Loser. But happy that I didnt hold onto it.
Nett loss, but managed loss.
ftmo4-aug10a.PNG

A trading today!
2 losses, 2 wins.
Short DAX; could of got out for a smaller loss, but took a 18 pip loss (technically a 20 pip SL)
Short US30; full 20 pip loss. (I think if I held on for a little longer, I could have got out at break-even. But I cannot tell that in advance)
Short US30: ( a technical 1-2-3 trade.) Plus 30 pips.
Long US30: + 35pips, BUT 1/2 scale. so +17.5.
(Non-standard trade: The market fell, and I looked Left, and noticed the Low of yesterday. I took a Long, on the basis that the Low of yesterday would hold as support. It did!)
Nett, gain +99£.
ftmo4-aug17a.PNG
ftmo4-aug17b.PNG
ftmo4-aug17c.PNG
ftmo4-aug17d.PNG

As a meta-analysis, I think I am being a tad timid!
Maybe I am being a little over-cautious on risk, seeing as I have a low usage of my "Max Daily Loss".
Perhaps I should cut loose and shoot for the fences!
Should I trade bigger size, or be more lax on SLs?
Hmmmmm.

Should I trade bigger size, or be more lax on SLs?
Be more lax on SLs would have increased the losses of that two trades, I fear.
Can you imagine to setup a second trade with less (half?) size and less (half?) TP sometimes?

4 trades. 3wins, 1 loss (sort of)
Short US30; +10.
Short DAX; +11.
Short DAX; -1 !! (yes, a finger slip short of a null trade!)
Short US30; +14.
Nett gain over 500£.
Note: I went short the DAX, and rather than stick to a fixed 20pipSL, I took a second short, which closed for a profit, and thought I could close the first one for null.

I am STILL fixated with shorts.
ftmo4-aug18a.PNG
ftmo4-aug18b.PNG
ftmo4-aug18c.PNG
ftmo4-aug18d.PNG

Be more lax on SLs would have increased the losses of that two trades, I fear.
Can you imagine to setup a second trade with less (half?) size and less (half?) TP sometimes?
Actually, my current style on my spread-betting is to have multiple longs and shorts open via an EA at different times, and I then manually nett off the trades to harvest profits.
(A kind of dynamic grid, but the drawdowns would blow the FTMO limits.)

But, since its over several days (and weekends), and I use small amounts (0.1lots, etc), it wont work on FTMO.
Am looking to make an FTMO-friendly method.
Its also quite interesting to develop real-time a new method!

Actually, my current style on my spread-betting is to have multiple longs and shorts open via an EA at different times, and I then manually nett off the trades to harvest profits.
(A kind of dynamic grid, but the drawdowns would blow the FTMO limits.)

But, since its over several days (and weekends), and I use small amounts (0.1lots, etc), it wont work on FTMO.
Am looking to make an FTMO-friendly method.
Its also quite interesting to develop real-time a new method!
Hmm, now where have I heard that before !

Post Mortem:
Was doing well in the morning.
1: Short DAX. Went against me, but I took a second short. So closed this one second for + 15
2: Short DAX. Was a backstop aggregation trade, which worked. + 13.
3: Took a short US30, half scale. +16 pips. (+8)

4: Short US30, half scale.
5: Short US30, half scale.
6: Short US30, half scale.
These were aggregated, and closed for
4: -7 pips (-3.5);
5: + 26 (+13);
6: +32 (+16);

At this point, I am up about +850£.

For some god-awful reason, I kept looking at the screen, instead of walking away.

I took a chuffing LONG.
This went away from me, and I added.
But, added every 20 pips, except based on market structure,
My final Long, was a long at the correct market structure, but I had built up too much of a drawdown.

I think I got fussed over why I only traded Shorts, but when I thought I could get a quick LONG win under my belt, I let it get away from me.

'kin 'ell.

It's so crazy that you don't see it on the account documentation.
As I compare the Darwinex and FTMO pricing for US100 and DAX30, today I saw the first time lower prices at Darwinex than at FTMO.
I don't know whose provider is the gambler or has a bad position to hide.
While the market recovered 150 pips, Darwinex' offers were still cheaper than FTMO's.

Now Darwinex is up 4-5 pips which mostly indicates ranging markets.
But which range?

Another thing I would add to the post mortem, is how I am more aware of market structure, such as tops and bottoms, and breaks of a level.
Thats when I am watching the tick chart, you can see the consolidation, to determine potential move in one direction or another.
Sometimes the level breaks, but then goes immediately against you, but thats fine.

Really disappointed in blowing the account in one afternoon.
I will certainly try again, as my loss was entirely down to human error, not system error.

I took a short at the smaller box. This isnt bad in itself, but adding every 20 pips was bad.
The correct aggregate trade, which I took eventually, was in the wider box, as it was support from earlier in the day.

One less trade, I could have ridden it out, as the Daily Max Loss is 1,750, but I had accumulated +800, so I had about 2,550 to play with, but hit the limit by a smidge.

ftmo4-aug19f.PNG

It's so crazy that you don't see it on the account documentation.
As I compare the Darwinex and FTMO pricing for US100 and DAX30, today I saw the first time lower prices at Darwinex than at FTMO.
I don't know whose provider is the gambler or has a bad position to hide.
While the market recovered 150 pips, Darwinex' offers were still cheaper than FTMO's.

Now Darwinex is up 4-5 pips which mostly indicates ranging markets.
But which range?
You seem to have a sort of crystal ball, there.
Are you using Darwinex to gain a directional edge on a delayed FTMO?