Translation and Interpretation to other Language

FW,

So the Dutch can understand the Belgians, and vice versa?

What do Scottish (Gaelic), Welsh and Irish have in common? They're all dead languages of little use to anyone except romantic nationalists and political EU fantasists.

Grant

FW,
So the Dutch can understand the Belgians, and vice versa?
Sometimes people who live as little as 50 kilometers apart have trouble understanding certain words of their dialect. But yes, under "normal circumstances" we will have no problem understanding eachother. Let's put it this way: the written language is exactly the same, but we just use different accents in speech. The three official languages in Belgium are Dutch, French and German. Although the latter is spoken by a very small minority. But the French of Wallonia (souther half of Belgium) has different accents and words than the French of France. The basics are the same, but there are subtle differences.

What do Scottish (Gaelic), Welsh and Irish have in common? They're all dead languages of little use to anyone except romantic nationalists and political EU fantasists.
Grant

What I was trying to say, is that - from the view of an outsider- Scottish is the same language as English, but when I hear a Scottish person speaking on television, I have more trouble understanding him fluently than when I hear the BBC news speaker talking. As for Irish, well I know the wild rover song... :LOL:

.....our "famous" Belgian chocolates has gone up significantly.

You make chocolates?!! :eek: Thought there was only one quality Belgian export... also reassuringly expensive! :cheesy:

Attachments

• stellartois01.jpg
    stellartois01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 254
FW,

Isn't T2W cosmoplitan?

Wasp,

I had quite a few Stellas some years ago, and I've still got the hangover. Never again. Think I'll stick with Babycham (a real man's drink).

Grant

I had quite a few Stellas some years ago, and I've still got the hangover. Never again. Think I'll stick with Babycham (a real man's drink).
Grant

Stella's just the usual pints, we drink them per meter (literally)! You should try some of the heavier beers then :p

There's even a "homebrew" kit available, just like having your own coffee machine (see pic).

You make chocolates?!! :eek: Thought there was only one quality Belgian export... also reassuringly expensive! :cheesy:

Now that we actually have something to be proud of... I might as well mention it.
Best beer in the world comes from... Belgium :) (Westvleteren)
The Top Beers At RateBeer | RateBeer.com

As for chocolates, all you've ever dreamt of! All types, all sorts and all figures (see pics) :LOL:

Attachments

• women_choc.JPG
    women_choc.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 161
  • boobs.jpeg
    boobs.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 128
  • perfectdraft.jpg
    perfectdraft.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 131