Training Courses

mintoze

14 0
Since my original post there has been some digression so I can only presume there is no suitable professional courses to be recommended.
Day Trading has a bad press and experience both sides of the Atlantic due entirely to lack of formal education and mentoring.
Professional education takes between 3 to 5 years - 7 in the case of vets. Trading can be no different; there are no short cuts.
To date there are no official courses within any higher education establishments either here in the UK or indeed in the US designed to teach trading exclusively.
To those traders who can and have survived there must be a better way.
How about a group of like minded aspiring traders combining under an arrangement to appoint professional trainers and mentors on a rolling contract to educate and support the group and pass on our experience to others?
It is a win-win situation for all.

del

41 0
Hi mintoze,

Nice idea. I suspect most of the experienced traders have found their own balance between work and play i.e. trading and teaching, family, lifestlyles etc.

Del.

Trader333

8,659 984
Mintoze,

There are people who train others to become successful professional intra-day traders. It doesnt take 5 years either, if you have the aptitude for this it can be achieved relatively quickly.

Paul

mintoze

14 0
Paul

Possibly the people to whom you refer might be considered for prospective trainers and/or mentors to the Group under review?

mintoze

I hope you don't mind me replying back on this old topic.

I got an email from Tom Hougaard yesterday about his seminars (which i mentioned earlier) - he's starting next month and will be teaching the techniques he uses so it should be good.

He has a website (if its not ok to post a link here I apologise) www.tradeforyourlife.com

I'm hoping to get to one of the Saturday dates, just got to make sure I'm allowed to go :)

Have a good day everyone!

martinwalker

25 0
Why don't you guys try Mr Charts? I never got anywhere trading untill he coached me 1-2-1. He walks the walk instaed of talking the talk like a lot of them and teaches you exactly what to do and how. Sure worked for me and he costs under a grand to come to your house 1-2-1, face on face, not all this big seminar group stuff where they you get motivated then you don't know what to do! I allways wanted to pack in the day job and trade American shares and now i've done it
m

Zenda

491 10
How can you teach on a Saturday when the markets are closed!! - all clickevents.co.uk workshops are taught during " Open" markets with practical live (Real Time analysis and trades) al so
is the Bartlett4america connected to the Beginners workshop Bartlett!! on click events

How can you teach on a Saturday when the markets are closed!!

From what I gather this method requires you do most of the grunt work before the markets are open - therefore it is quite easy to learn the methods on a saturday. Don't forget not all methods rely on real-time data and I know from Toms daily work that much of his predictions for the day are done BEFORE the market opens. That is why I'm keen to learn more.

As for clickevents, I know others like them, but a friend of mine went on one and was not impressed because it didn't tell him anything new.

And no, I'm definitely nothing to do with the bartlett beginners man nor am I affiliated to Mr Hougaard (I'm just a fan of his work). My user name is from The West Wing, the best show on TV!

Now relax and enjoy the sunshine :rolleyes:

Trader333

8,659 984
John B,

You posted

is the Bartlett4america connected to the Beginners workshop
Bartlett!! on click events

Why have you asked this when anyone who has read your previous posts knows that it is you who are the Bartlett connected to the said course on CE ?

Advertising maybe ?

Paul

SUNSEEKER

Established member
872 12
I feel it is only fair that I answer John Bartletts post myself, as I will be the one teaching the seminars.

I am teaching the seminars on a Saturday because I can't get time off from my job at City Index to teach during the week.

I have been running seminars for a couple of spread betting companies for a couple of years now. Some of the material was very basic while other material was advanced.

The seminars I will be running now will be advanced topics that traders can apply immediately in their own trading.

Trading seminars for me ( the free ones or the fee based ones ) is an opportunity to pass on what I have learned myself. That is what I am interested in. Trading seminars for me is not a question of "can I make money trading in front of the audience". I have done it many times while at City and Fins, and while I have made money, I always found it was very distracting to the whole teaching atmosphere. I want people to focus on what I am teaching, not whether my trade is making money or not.

The money in trading is secondary. Most novices will focus on the money and sit with the calculator, figuring out how much they are winning now. Money is the by-product of good trading. I am teaching good trading methologies with emphasis of good entry techniques, tight stop losses and exit methologies.

Trading for a living is hard work but it is a fantastic way of making a living if succesful. What I want to do is to give those inclined to learn the opportunity to learn a method that works.

The problem with trading is that if it was so easy to learn, there would be no one teaching. You could simply buy a book like Edward & McGee, and be on your way to the millions. The fact however is that it is not easy. What I hate the most about the industry ( which I generally love ) is that most make it out to be really easy and straight forward. Anyone who has been to my seminars at City Index will have heard me say that it is HARD work, at least in the beginning, and it is not easy at all. It is not easy because our own greed, fear and ego is standing in the way. I have seen my fair share of failures as part of my job, but I have also seen the succeses. I want to help those who are serious about making a living from the financial markets. To do that I dont need the markets to be open.

I hope this helps. If you reply to this, I would to you to send a reply to my email at City Index as well, so I at least have an opportunity to reply. My email is [email protected]

good luck

PS. City Index is running some more FREE seminars during the week sometime in July. You can check their website if you are interested. You do not have to hold an acocunt with City Index to attend the seminar. However, I will not be teaching what I am teaching in my fee based seminars which are run via www.tacticaltrader.com

Zenda

491 10
No Problem Tom - Good reply - Keep up the good work - just like to start some controversy - makes for better threads :)

Drat I've been spotted!! :LOL: :eek:

stoploss please

Established member
780 10
Is anyone going to attend the Updata residential two day summer school.

Some of the speakers look interesting but I wonder if it just another chance for Updata to push their service.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has atteded one of their previous courses and their views of it.

Zenda

491 10
Sunseeker - This is up to date!

You asked about the cost of vinces one day workshops! This is from his website!! £2906.95 to be precise :eek:

Attachments

• vincecost.jpg
    vincecost.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:

SUNSEEKER

Established member
872 12
Johm,

have you been to one? has anyone else? what does he teach?

Sounds interesting....Your seminar looks like a cheapie compared to that John,...:::)))))))))))))

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock