Trainee Forex Trader Question

Thank you for all the information provided, definitely provided an insight to the person involved. However, my take in this is that the person involved strong point is in trading forex and not doing business, hence there tends to be some hump and bump when business are conducted elsewhere. Anyone agrees?

Now that he is in the business of forex trading, I believe he maybe able to make it better, provided he does not give empty promises to his trainees or investors. This should be proven overtime, but there will be some who will have that skeptical and insecurity feeling until proven otherwise. Hence in that case, my advise or simply my humble opinion is to stay off until you are comfortable or result had been proven otherwise.

A little background of myself since this is my first post...
I had attended the trainee dealer program and so far so good, I had been taught well and well on my way to trading better though not profitable yet. Nevertheless, I can see that I am improving day by day and seriously speaking, I'm sure many of you traders out there knows and understand, trading does need experience in the market. I am progressing well and on the day I make it to be a proprietary trader, I will inform all of you that it's a real deal! :cheesy:

well, there's a difference between a i) broker, and a ii) sucessful trader. the 2 are a completely different thing, a member of my family was a broker for merill lynch before, and he couldn't trade for life, in fact i haven't met a single broker who can actually trade in my life. and sucesful traders, although 1 in a million, wouldn't bother becoming brokers, in my experience.

so make your choice: do you want to be a broker and lie to people to make money, or ii) a sucessful trader and make money by using your mind and intelligence?

Dear all,

It is interesting to hear different views, from people who have not entered the course, and from those who have enrolled.

For those who have thought twice about joining this, it is probably due to what you have heard and researched. My reservations about this programme is that I did not feel totally convinced after the briefing. Secondly, after some background checks from valid sources (Business Times, Newpaper, Zoominfo), you might have realised that there were some scandals involving a Patrick Teng, who was a forex trader before. It seems like the scams existed in 2005 & 2008.

Here are the links:
Business Times - http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPag...5+11:17:28+AM&firstName=Patrick&lastName=Teng

The New Paper - http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/SME+Central/Story/A1Story20080306-52966.html

Indigoz (the business) - http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPag...08+4:52:47+AM&firstName=Patrick&lastName=Teng

Having said all these, his techniques in spot Forex trading are very logical, and for those who have been reading up on forex, most of the methods like money management, stop-losses, planning of trades have been talked by most FX traders, books or websites like fxstreet.com or fx360.com.

With regard to this new business aka Sixcapital, however, it could be a legitimate one.

My reservations are still the same. My personal take is that, for $3500, I would rather pay it to the markets to "trade and learn my lessons" (after training myself on demo), and read up, train up my own style, talk with market players. After all, if you have read books like Market Wizards, most top-notch traders had made losses, and that's when they learned the most.

To each his own. All the best to all!

I agree with this writer and wish to add that truly profitable traders don't rely on teaching for their income. I am a successful private trader, trading approx 6 to 8 hours a day. Winning has no more special joy for me. When you have acquired a "practical" university degree you can reasonably expect to land a job with a constant income. Not in forex trading. At the end of a profitable day, you can be happy and relaxed, celebrate with a drink and a nice dinner. And that's all. Come tomorrow, you will be a nobody. Your profit the day before is now history and meaningless. You start with zero, and have to prove yourself again...and again ...and again. Anytime you chalk up a loss, you are a loser. The need to perform successfully on a daily basis is so stressful and tiring that after a day at the market, you will have absolutely no energy or inclination to teach, nor the need to do so.

People teach forex trading because they fail to trade successfully. I have a friend who admitted to me that he made more than $100K a month teaching, with no risk at all. Whether the attendees made money or not were not his concern. But I think the teaching scene is getting harder in Singapore. The ads make bolder claims, their previews more ridiculous. Have you noticed? They all claim to have students who traded successfully. Not a single course provider claims that he is trading successfully. Recently, they offer special weekend tutorials for $30 (normal course fees around $3K) At Marina House, (off Anson Road) a course provider claimed that a "doctor" student traded $1,000 for 2 weeks and made $126,000 (12,600% in 2 weeks. Sure.). At International Plaza, a teenage course instructor claimed that many students traded a $100K account and made a million every month. At Liang Court Hotel, an ang moh course provider showed a video how he made 19,000 pounds in 4 minutes. Of late, ex-bank traders have jumped onto the teaching wagon. I attended one such preview the other night. He introduced himself as a former fund manager at Temasak, about $3 billion, now finds the need to sell an automatic trading program. Further away, in Brunei, Benny T sells a training program (no trading manual) for US$7,500 with a Triple Money Back guarantee. Nobody got a refund. You pay your fees to another country and take online lessons from Brunei. Google his name and read the recent reviews in FPA. Brunei has a population of about 350,000, its oil wealth in the hands of the sultan until his brother redistributed a huge part of it. Why didn't he learn from Benny? A few miles away, in Kota Kinabalu, a guy by the name of Andy manages accounts. An agent in Singapore told me that Andy already manages 20,000 accounts and shows a constant profit of 34% ROC per month. You remit your funds to a bank account in Hong Kong and a forex account will be opened in your name in Auckland, Edgar & Company ( shhhh, you are not supposed to ask whether there is such a forex broker in Auckland with such a name? ) and Andy manages it from Kota Kinabalu. With data provided to me by this agent, I calculated that Andy could make commissions of $5 million a month, or $60 million a year. With this kind of income, it is incomprehensible that he chooses to stay in a mosquito-infested country, stray dogs, and with basic medical and educational facilities for his family.

It is well known that more than 95% of traders will lose their pants. I don't understand why people still believe in the garbage above. If successful trading is so easy to learn, and trading so enjoyable a pursuit, there will be no taxi drivers in Singapore. Price action? Poppycock! you will make a few winning trades for sure. Even a blind cat will stumble on a dead rat somehow. (Chinese proverb). But can you trade price action and make consistent income to replace your day job? Ask your course provider, does he still live in subsidised housing in Singapore? What about his father and his father-in-law? Do they trade his methodology? Dare to show actual broker statements? It is not only faulty methodologies, but also, the wrong brokers that most people lose money. They are very few reliable brokers. If you are a serious trader with a fairly large account (anything from US$100K upwards), and you want to scalp, trade only with ECN brokers. I used to trade with MAN; for position trades, i trade with my banks. Avoid retail brokers. Forex is an unregulated industry, which means the brokers have the honor, privilege and obligation to rob you dry. The law is on their side because there is no law, unlike stocks and commodity Futures. The American NFA are trying to rein them in with new rulings, but only in the US. So forget those MT4 brokers, but do make use of their free demo platforms. ECN brokers require higher margins. In the old days, about $50K, nowadays dropped to about 15K. What if you have only $5K to spare? My advice is to spend it, drink it up, take your wife out for a nice dinner, take her on a cruise to nowhere. If you are down to bus fare, the decent thing to do is to spend it on that poor woman who has been suffering thru all your bad luck and hare-brained ideas whether she liked it or not.

There are no collateral required.

However, after the first 6 weeks of the module (where you will be trained/supervised and trading DEMO), you will be required to open a LIVE account and trade LIVE with supervision.

Now dont come into the module thinking you will be a star trader in 6 weeks. It is highly unlikely. Forex trading is lucrative with a steep learning curve but ultimately only you yourself will determine if you will succeed. Trading LIVE is so much more important/fun/stressful than trading DEMO.

Minimum to open a LIVE account is USD$ 1,000 if you are trading micro/mini but it is still better than trading DEMO. You will need to pass the module before you can open a LIVE account.

If you have any queries, why dont you ask Patrick during the briefing? He is very open about his module. No harm attending the briefing anyway plus you wont be forced to join if you are not interested.

Hello and thank you for your posts.

I am looking into joining the program and I would like to know if you are still with the company and how is it going for you.
Also could you please tell me how is the training going? What are the qualifier to get hired and what is the percentage of success.
I am currently with a prop trading company and it is not answering my expectation as far as the training is concerned. I do not mind paying for the training as long as it is valuable and productive.
It will represent a huge investment in time and money as well as a move to Singapore. I just want to make sure that it is well worth it. I understand that the possibility of failure is there but I would want to make sure that if I fail it is because I do not have the stomach for trading and not because the training is not very good.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions and happy trading.

well, there's a difference between a i) broker, and a ii) sucessful trader. the 2 are a completely different thing, a member of my family was a broker for merill lynch before, and he couldn't trade for life, in fact i haven't met a single broker who can actually trade in my life. and sucesful traders, although 1 in a million, wouldn't bother becoming brokers, in my experience.

so make your choice: do you want to be a broker and lie to people to make money, or ii) a sucessful trader and make money by using your mind and intelligence?

Great Comments!

I agree with this writer and wish to add that truly profitable traders don't rely on teaching for their income. I am a successful private trader, trading approx 6 to 8 hours a day. Winning has no more special joy for me. When you have acquired a "practical" university degree you can reasonably expect to land a job with a constant income. Not in forex trading. At the end of a profitable day, you can be happy and relaxed, celebrate with a drink and a nice dinner. And that's all. Come tomorrow, you will be a nobody. Your profit the day before is now history and meaningless. You start with zero, and have to prove yourself again...and again ...and again. Anytime you chalk up a loss, you are a loser. The need to perform successfully on a daily basis is so stressful and tiring that after a day at the market, you will have absolutely no energy or inclination to teach, nor the need to do so.

People teach forex trading because they fail to trade successfully. I have a friend who admitted to me that he made more than $100K a month teaching, with no risk at all. Whether the attendees made money or not were not his concern. But I think the teaching scene is getting harder in Singapore. The ads make bolder claims, their previews more ridiculous. Have you noticed? They all claim to have students who traded successfully. Not a single course provider claims that he is trading successfully. Recently, they offer special weekend tutorials for $30 (normal course fees around $3K) At Marina House, (off Anson Road) a course provider claimed that a "doctor" student traded $1,000 for 2 weeks and made $126,000 (12,600% in 2 weeks. Sure.). At International Plaza, a teenage course instructor claimed that many students traded a $100K account and made a million every month. At Liang Court Hotel, an ang moh course provider showed a video how he made 19,000 pounds in 4 minutes. Of late, ex-bank traders have jumped onto the teaching wagon. I attended one such preview the other night. He introduced himself as a former fund manager at Temasak, about $3 billion, now finds the need to sell an automatic trading program. Further away, in Brunei, Benny T sells a training program (no trading manual) for US$7,500 with a Triple Money Back guarantee. Nobody got a refund. You pay your fees to another country and take online lessons from Brunei. Google his name and read the recent reviews in FPA. Brunei has a population of about 350,000, its oil wealth in the hands of the sultan until his brother redistributed a huge part of it. Why didn't he learn from Benny? A few miles away, in Kota Kinabalu, a guy by the name of Andy manages accounts. An agent in Singapore told me that Andy already manages 20,000 accounts and shows a constant profit of 34% ROC per month. You remit your funds to a bank account in Hong Kong and a forex account will be opened in your name in Auckland, Edgar & Company ( shhhh, you are not supposed to ask whether there is such a forex broker in Auckland with such a name? ) and Andy manages it from Kota Kinabalu. With data provided to me by this agent, I calculated that Andy could make commissions of $5 million a month, or $60 million a year. With this kind of income, it is incomprehensible that he chooses to stay in a mosquito-infested country, stray dogs, and with basic medical and educational facilities for his family.

It is well known that more than 95% of traders will lose their pants. I don't understand why people still believe in the garbage above. If successful trading is so easy to learn, and trading so enjoyable a pursuit, there will be no taxi drivers in Singapore. Price action? Poppycock! you will make a few winning trades for sure. Even a blind cat will stumble on a dead rat somehow. (Chinese proverb). But can you trade price action and make consistent income to replace your day job? Ask your course provider, does he still live in subsidised housing in Singapore? What about his father and his father-in-law? Do they trade his methodology? Dare to show actual broker statements? It is not only faulty methodologies, but also, the wrong brokers that most people lose money. They are very few reliable brokers. If you are a serious trader with a fairly large account (anything from US$100K upwards), and you want to scalp, trade only with ECN brokers. I used to trade with MAN; for position trades, i trade with my banks. Avoid retail brokers. Forex is an unregulated industry, which means the brokers have the honor, privilege and obligation to rob you dry. The law is on their side because there is no law, unlike stocks and commodity Futures. The American NFA are trying to rein them in with new rulings, but only in the US. So forget those MT4 brokers, but do make use of their free demo platforms. ECN brokers require higher margins. In the old days, about $50K, nowadays dropped to about 15K. What if you have only $5K to spare? My advice is to spend it, drink it up, take your wife out for a nice dinner, take her on a cruise to nowhere. If you are down to bus fare, the decent thing to do is to spend it on that poor woman who has been suffering thru all your bad luck and hare-brained ideas whether she liked it or not.

What you said is TRUE!

Personally, i feel that Forex would be the next IN thing, after Insurance agents, and Property agents. Flexible working hours in a manner of speaking. Like all such jobs, it is easy to join in as a newbie, but not easy to stay in ..... Cold calling (should sound familiar with insurance and property agents) .... the one that kill most newbie agents after facing numerous rejects. For forex ..... quick money without proper learnings .... "death by a thousand cuts".

While it is rightly pointed out that it is an unregulated market, it is also because of this that it is a free market, benefitting both businesses and speculators alike. And in this field, there are many false prophets out there .... quick money, guaranteed profitability, whether funds, automated trading softwares .... much is scam. But making a living out of Forex trading is definitely NOT.

The expectations from forex trading had been very misleading, and set way too high. Forex trading is a skill that must be learned. And this learning takes time. It involve techniques, discipline and money management. It can make good money, but it is not easy money to summarize it off.

For those that are time-strapped, or money-strapped …. Give this a skip. This is not the right path to seek. The exponential growing stress from these factors over time are likely to ensure failure from one who expects quick success.

Hello and thank you for your posts.

I am looking into joining the program and I would like to know if you are still with the company and how is it going for you.
Also could you please tell me how is the training going? What are the qualifier to get hired and what is the percentage of success.
I am currently with a prop trading company and it is not answering my expectation as far as the training is concerned. I do not mind paying for the training as long as it is valuable and productive.
It will represent a huge investment in time and money as well as a move to Singapore. I just want to make sure that it is well worth it. I understand that the possibility of failure is there but I would want to make sure that if I fail it is because I do not have the stomach for trading and not because the training is not very good.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions and happy trading.

Six Capital and the founder Patrick is a genuine as i can say in terms of providing the training to get a potential trader up to speed for trading the company's fund.

Nevertheless, your circumstances are a little bit tacky. I m sure you are pretty aware of what stress could do in affecting your trading and such .... especially when money keeps flowing out of your piggy bank with no replacement everyday ..... The more stress one is, the more impatient one gets, and the harder to pick up the skill.

Speak with Patrick. I am sure he would be able to give you good advice. But judge for yourself whether the risk here is more than you can take if it fails. A good trader in making always manages his risk, both in life, and in trades.

If you are a serious trader with a fairly large account (anything from US$100K upwards), and you want to scalp, trade only with ECN brokers. .

Hi bro how about with very limited funds are there any recomended brokers then? I am poor but still interested not aiming to be a millionair or to struck it rich but really interested...

well i need to start somewhere rite(not now of course still reading and reading:cheesy:)...? hehe

Thank you!

Hi bro how about with very limited funds are there any recomended brokers then? I am poor but still interested not aiming to be a millionair or to struck it rich but really interested...

well i need to start somewhere rite(not now of course still reading and reading:cheesy:)...? hehe

Thank you!

To be honest, you should start with a Demo account. That should be easily done. I would recommend Dukascopy but tht is a 2 weeks trial only, after that you have to re-enter another Demo account. But this platform is good .... personnally i feel that is.

Alternatively, u can try IBFX interbank MT4 platform, Demo also.

Pls dun try Live right now, esp. when you are new to this field. You have no idea how easy your money can get sucked into this Forex vaccuum. And if it is your hard earned money ..... that would be a painful lesson i believe.

Finish your reading, start your demo account.
Setup what kinda of trading system you are going to do, and trade by your system. System means what determine your entry and exit, how are your stop loss and take profit done? Chances are, if you can't discipline yourself to trade by your system, you are likely to lose big.

You must remember this: The market is always right, even if it is wrong.
To go against the market is suicidal in Forex trading.

To be honest, you should start with a Demo account. That should be easily done. I would recommend Dukascopy but tht is a 2 weeks trial only, after that you have to re-enter another Demo account. But this platform is good .... personnally i feel that is.

Alternatively, u can try IBFX interbank MT4 platform, Demo also.

Pls dun try Live right now, esp. when you are new to this field. You have no idea how easy your money can get sucked into this Forex vaccuum. And if it is your hard earned money ..... that would be a painful lesson i believe.

Finish your reading, start your demo account.
Setup what kinda of trading system you are going to do, and trade by your system. System means what determine your entry and exit, how are your stop loss and take profit done? Chances are, if you can't discipline yourself to trade by your system, you are likely to lose big.

You must remember this: The market is always right, even if it is wrong.
To go against the market is suicidal in Forex trading.

hum...seems something went wrong with my reply did not show up after so many days...

thanks alot KWO, i won be trading live probably need to save up alot 1st...

Thank you :clap:

back to the topic for sixcapital it seems that they advertise frequently for past few months i only bought twice Straight Times on saturdays(singapore papers) and both times they had an ad to hire trainee dealer

i got suspicious after seeing the ad for 2nd time as i read prop trading jobs are very popular:p

but anyway thanks to them it was their ad(during the 1st time i saw it) that spark the interst in trading for me. before that i only knew of a broker position which i feel its just like sales since its living off the commission...

Excellent, Lynx!

To the "believers of Mr Teng", there is nothing wrong with conducting an FX course...even if you know next to nothing about how to make $$ trading FX. What is wrong with this guy and his spew, is that he is doing so with misleading information about his own a(and his trainers') credentials with malicious intent to earn (read cheat) $$ (disguised as course fees) from mainly the (a) gulible - who believe in his credentials & that you can learn to trade FX from his course (b) the desparate - who probably scrapped together the course fee by begging from family/friends - in the hope that THIS could lift him/her from poverty.

I spit on scums like these who earn their wealth by cheating and misleading others! :mad:

Six Capital and the founder Patrick is a genuine as i can say in terms of providing the training to get a potential trader up to speed for trading the company's fund.

Nevertheless, your circumstances are a little bit tacky. I m sure you are pretty aware of what stress could do in affecting your trading and such .... especially when money keeps flowing out of your piggy bank with no replacement everyday ..... The more stress one is, the more impatient one gets, and the harder to pick up the skill.

Speak with Patrick. I am sure he would be able to give you good advice. But judge for yourself whether the risk here is more than you can take if it fails. A good trader in making always manages his risk, both in life, and in trades.

KWO, have you gone through the trainee dealer programme with Six Capital when you say they are genuine?

I have attended Six Capital's course and passed it. I am also trading LIVE at the moment.

Does Patrick from Six Capital deliver what he promise? Is he credible? In my opinion, he is and I hold him in high professional regard for forex spot trading.

There are no secret formula or magical entries/trading system for this course. You learn pure price action reading without any indicators. Price action tells you what the sellers and buyers in the market are doing.

As for the course fee, be realistic. You are spending his time to coach/mentor you. The place rented for the module also requires rental plus you get refreshment during breaks. When you consult a doctor/lawyer, you pay for consultation fees right?

As for the proprietary job offer, Patrick made it very clear during the briefing that the company will only hire the few top performing trainee dealers. He is very open during the first briefing and does not deceive you into thinking you will be guaranteed a job as a professional trader. Nobody can guarantee you success in forex trading because the only obstacle is yourself.

Trading requires capital. If SGD 3,500 is currently too expensive for you at the moment, perhaps you would do better to consider working to build up some capital first before venturing into trading as a possible career/side-line. Trading is lucrative but not everyone succeeds as a profitable trader for years.

Likewise, if you are out-of-job and/or have a lot of commitments/liabilities, then trading as an alternative might not seem very feasible (all the mental mindblock and consistent pressures to pay bills etc will affect your trading).

LVH, did anyone in your course get hired by Six Capital? Thanks.

Thank you for all the information provided, definitely provided an insight to the person involved. However, my take in this is that the person involved strong point is in trading forex and not doing business, hence there tends to be some hump and bump when business are conducted elsewhere. Anyone agrees?

Now that he is in the business of forex trading, I believe he maybe able to make it better, provided he does not give empty promises to his trainees or investors. This should be proven overtime, but there will be some who will have that skeptical and insecurity feeling until proven otherwise. Hence in that case, my advise or simply my humble opinion is to stay off until you are comfortable or result had been proven otherwise.

A little background of myself since this is my first post...
I had attended the trainee dealer program and so far so good, I had been taught well and well on my way to trading better though not profitable yet. Nevertheless, I can see that I am improving day by day and seriously speaking, I'm sure many of you traders out there knows and understand, trading does need experience in the market. I am progressing well and on the day I make it to be a proprietary trader, I will inform all of you that it's a real deal! :cheesy:

Hi fatseapork, are you able to provide an update as to whether this course is the real deal as I just attended Six Capital's briefing? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Dear lynx
With a 34% ROC per month,this is too good to be truth.Do you have his wedsite or his agent contact in Singapore ?

Thanks

Sorry for the double post (I posted one in the my first post section) as this should be the place to ask I guess. The companies below had recently posted Trainee Forex Trader position (Singapore) in Straits Times (Singapore most popular newspaper). Had tried to google for more information but could not find any info other than the company's website. A search in the forum tells me that I had to be mathematically cerify(take test) and MAY need to forked out a sum of money. But what I would like to know is whether I do really need to fork out a sum of money just to get the job position. Greatly appreciate if there are anyone who had first hand experience with the companies.

sixcapital.sg
Jaycee Capital Pte Ltd

There are many scams out there though i'm not sure about singapore. Though the company's name has not been posted explicitly on the website which MAS has given me a few days ago, I still think it's good that we take note of 2 things when we are considering a company be it for investment or employment. (Especially such companies are very nimble in changing their names)

1) Business Registration Number, which is usually at an obscure bottom corner of a legitimate company's website. At least in Singapore's, i think.

2) When you go to MAS financial institutions' directory (http://www.mas.gov.sg/fi_directory/index.html). They are exhaustive in the list of approved institutions. Anything else, should be treated with caution imho.

Anyways, the links as given by MAS are:
http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/public..._Portal_Dealing_With_Unregulated_Persons.html

http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/check_our_list/Consumer_Portal_IAL.html#

LVH, did anyone in your course get hired by Six Capital? Thanks.

From my understanding, some were hired.

None of them are still hired.

The key is managing your emotions as well as proper risk management. There is no shortcut nor secret formula :)

As for whether you should pay the fees to attend the course, it is up to your own budget. Personally, I feel you should just keep the money if you are running on a tight budget.