Tradingedge. Anyone else tried their service?

buzzee

Has anyone else been using their recommendations?
tradingedge.co.uk
They trade currency pairs and S&P
At the moment their service is free but I don't know if is another pie in the sky.
I have been following the live signals for few weeks and I have to say they are doing pretty good.
I was using the Dowindicator service but they have done badly the past year.
Please advice

I have also been tracking Dow Indicator and a company called Which Way Today.
Both of them haven’t been doing very well so I started searching the internet for something else when I came across tradingedge.co.uk in December.
I went straight to their past performance like everyone else and was quite impressed.
They haven’t been posting very long; I think they started in October last year.
I registered for free and have been receiving their free trades via email.
The only problem is I am not always around to receive their emails so I have missed a few trades.
The good thing is they are sending out these trades entirely free for a number of months as they say to prove themselves. Then they are going to offer a text service for a fee.
If I were to receive texts then I wouldn’t have missed a trade.
I am going to keep watching for now but I think I might have a go for a month and see what happens.

I have just been in contact with Trading Edge via email asking some questions about there site.
I asked why there haven’t been many trades recently and they said that because they have been testing and updating the site it has taken up there trading time and starting next week they will be trading full time.
I also asked why they don’t have a free trial period. It seems that a lot of you have asked the same question and when the site goes live in the next few weeks they are going to offer a 2 week free trial.
When that happens I will have a go myself.

"The only problem is I am not always around to receive their emails so I have missed a few trades."

Howard, have you thought about an email service that selectively forwards an sms to your mobile when you receive an email? eg. Hotmail, there are others.

I am also following, very interesting and I am surprised that I haven't come across them before; I wonder if they advertise?

Anyway, please keep this thread going (makes a change that it hasn't attracted the usual detractors, yet)

Richard.

Good point, I will do that for as long as they are free.
Then I will sign up to the 2 week free trial and if I like it I will have a go.
Cheers
HS

Seems like their website is down, anyone able to get into it today

Not sure if site is down, but their eur/jpy trade today was good! 65-70pts

Here is the Closing email:

EUR/JPY 3 Exit at Market

Sell Order @ 120.92

Stop @ 121.18 Move Stop to 121.12

Target @ 120.20

Looking forward to the next one...

Has anyone else received an email update from Tradingedge with their latest trade?

ApparentlyThey had a signal this morning but they couldn't post it with their site been updated.

I was a bit sceptical about it but they send me a snapshot of the traded signal from their finspreads acc.73 pips, good enuf...

I don't want to sound over ecxited but am i the only one to think that we are on to something good here??

I had great hopes with trading the signals from Dowindicator and Dowtrader and they didn't deliver what the promised.

Lets hope they keep it up....

Problems receiving their trades by email the past few days.
I send them an email asking for the reason. I know is a free service at the moment so I can't complain... much. :D
I had to follow their recommendations by keep looking on their site for new signals, not an easy thing to do when you are busy.
They had four trades this week, lost 2 trades -16 and -22 pips, won 2 +58 and +83 pips. Their drawdown on each trade seems to be very small.
My only problem with them at the moment is getting their recommendations delivered to me, if they sort it out I will keep using their service when it turns subscription basis only.
I think Howard S said that they will offer a text service as well when that happens?

Problems receiving their trades by email the past few days.
I send them an email asking for the reason. I know is a free service at the moment so I can't complain... much. :D
I had to follow their recommendations by keep looking on their site for new signals, not an easy thing to do when you are busy.
They had four trades this week, lost 2 trades -16 and -22 pips, won 2 +58 and +83 pips. Their drawdown on each trade seems to be very small.
My only problem with them at the moment is getting their recommendations delivered to me, if they sort it out I will keep using their service when it turns subscription basis only.
I think Howard S said that they will offer a text service as well when that happens?

Same problem with emails as well.
I think the sms texts are only when you have subscribed, will it be reliable though?

Received this email from Tradingedge:

"We are having a few technical issues with our server regarding email.
We should have this resolved sometime next week.
The service is still free for the near future.
We will be emailing all our registered users when the subscription service starts and offering everyone a 2 week free trial to start the service off."

"

I’ve been trading using their signals since the 1st March,
With slippage I’m up 295 points, with £3 point that’s £885 in less than a month.
I’m VERY HAPPY.
I took advantage of their 2 week free trial and now I’m going to sign up to their Special Offer.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is wondering what is going on here?

TradingEdge have gone live this week, started Monday with a small gain of +22 and 4 losses in a row since, so for the week I am down 66 points at the close last night. That's not unexpected as all systems break down from time to time, I believe.

However, the trade posted today on £/$ at 07:19 to buy at 1.4836, stop at 1.4815 hit the stop at around 08:30, but according to them is still in and making a good profit. So I have checked two Spread Betting Companies and an FX Broker in the US and all show the stop hit. I don't use FinSpreads, as do Trading Edge, so if anyone does could you check the trade on FinSpreads and let me know please?

Now, why am I starting to get paranoid here? 4 losses in a row a failed trade (by a couple of ticks) apparently didn't!!!

Thank you.

1.4810 was the low today on FXPro so it would have been stopped out. Also FXCM shows low as 1.4809. Ask them to send you a screenshot of their charts showing it didnt go below the stop level, you'll know by their response whethr or not they are being truthful with you, if they say they cant send it to you you'll know something is wrong.

I think there can be differences in prices because there is no central exchange in forex, spreadbetting companies can certainly have different prices but if you are using the same company as they are you'd have thought the prices would have been more or less the same.

I've got it as a failed trade as well, putting me at -89 for the week so far.........

Hi guys
I am still in the trade, however, i had my stop few points lower.
I had an email from tradingedge few weeks back regarding stoplosses and i was told that is best to adjust the stoploss by a few points for the simple reason that the give out spot prices, it is actually stated on the site.
This time i have been lucky, but i think we need to bring this issue up with them when the go subscription only and ask them to send out prices to implement the spreads.
I was a bit worried with the losses this week but lets face it, they are small. My God, i traded systems that i was getting stopped out with -120 points loss at a time so this is small change for me!:D

Hi guys
I am still in the trade, however, i had my stop few points lower.
I had an email from tradingedge few weeks back regarding stoplosses and i was told that is best to adjust the stoploss by a few points for the simple reason that the give out spot prices, it is actually stated on the site.
This time i have been lucky, but i think we need to bring this issue up with them when the go subscription only and ask them to send out prices to implement the spreads.
I was a bit worried with the losses this week but lets face it, they are small. My God, i traded systems that i was getting stopped out with -120 points loss at a time so this is small change for me!:D

Ok, so why isn't this difference between spot and spread built into the advise sent out by them. The straight forward answer is that this will increase the quoted losses and "save" some loosing trades, thus improving the performance table. Is this relevant? Of course it is because people buy a system primarily on the performance table, in the hope that this is a true reflection of what may be expected in the future.
Also, the difference between spot and spread would amount to 1 or 2 points (depending on who you use). So this trade would still have failed.
Sadly this sort of practice seems to often arise with these systems, I had assumed that this would not be the case....shame.

Power to the people!:clap:
I have received this email by them.
I don't think we are going to have anymore issues regarding their prices.
I hope not anyway, i do like their service, so lets keep it clean guys!

"Dear Members

We have been getting a few complaints about our latest trade being stopped out.

When we decided how we were going to notify our members of a trade we had to take into consideration all the different brokers and spread betting companies i.e. the difference in spreads.

So we decided to give the spot price which meant that the individual would have to work out their spread and add this to the stop. Unfortunately quite a few people have taken our prices literally, even though it is on our website. This has only happened once before when we started posting our trades, but it looks like we may have problems in the future if we don’t implement a solution.

We are going to change our strategy by implementing an actual price to avoid confusion.

Thank you for all your comments, even though the service is still free we will do our best to improve it.

If you take this last trade as a loss we would have only been down 85 points in one week, where as most strategies have a stop loss of over 100 points in one trade!

When trading you have to look at the big picture, we may have lost this week but we have done extremely well since we started.

To get a good perspective of trading we recommend you read ‘Trading in the Zone’ by Mark Douglas. This book has helped us enormously."

Regards

Trading Edge