Trading with a Full time job!

At least for the shops I have looked into, they share a common shop price. This does not exclude the possibility of some shops manufacture their own price. I am satisfied the shops I use are OK for the most part.

Relatively a lot

How much did you win to cause them to kick you out ?

In the thousands and this was off of a $1500 credit (they used to give it). Effectively it was money for nothing and it p****d certain executives off.

Last edited:
Gambler's luck ?

But they can and will complain, its what most people are good at :D. Its much easier to blame the other side than evaluate your own efforts from a neutral standpoint.

Bottom line for me is beliefs trumps reality 99% of the time.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/182926-other-side-screen.html

I agree though I would call them gamblers rather than traders and their fantasy is that they con themselves into believing they are traders. That's why so called gurus are so successful; they feed this BS by selling get rich quick scams.

Shops use derivative self-roll-over contracts. These are naturally quoted differently than futures contracts. The prices the shops use gyrate above and below the futures prices. I don't believe the shops can go too far out of whack before they get hit by arbitraging.

I do believe they price cash indecies off the fair value model derived from the futures contract.

The crux of matter is they are bookies and bookies bet AGAINST their clients, you win they lose, they win you lose, zero sum game and in long run they are definitely not going to lose, so guess who does...

They have all sorts of tricks I have found, including the infamous stop hunting model to put you at a massive disadvantage.

No it's the direct market for me.

How where you playing? The only time ive had a problem with OTC is if I was taking the **** with their pricing. :innocent::cheesy:

Think you meant where was I playing, well let's just say they were two large operators well known to all.

Think you meant where was I playing, well let's just say they were two large operators well known to all.

Nah I meant 'how were you playing?' If you were taking advantage of their pricing then you could be a problem to them, which is fair because youre essentially dealing on prices that never delt. If you use stop orders aggressively, on B book fills, using size youll draw attention, dont ask me how I know :cheesy:
The only other time I think you could be a problem would be if youre so big and profitable as to cause a problem in the Bucket - LP relationship, but youd have to be pretty dam big.
Otherwise think on it, your the Bucket... Client Iama Dabest has been taking it out of you for months, trading respectfully, best trader you ever seen! You gonna mess with them? show them the do door? Or tailcoat them 2x to earn a bit of coin and keep your LP happy?
Have a look through that thread, is a lot of good stuff in there.

Nah I meant 'how were you playing?' If you were taking advantage of their pricing then you could be a problem to them, which is fair because youre essentially dealing on prices that never delt. If you use stop orders aggressively, on B book fills, using size youll draw attention, dont ask me how I know :cheesy:
The only other time I think you could be a problem would be if youre so big and profitable as to cause a problem in the Bucket - LP relationship, but youd have to be pretty dam big.
Otherwise think on it, your the Bucket... Client Iama Dabest has been taking it out of you for months, trading respectfully, best trader you ever seen! You gonna mess with them? show them the do door? Or tailcoat them 2x to earn a bit of coin and keep your LP happy?
Have a look through that thread, is a lot of good stuff in there.

LOL, the only people taking advantage of prices are the shops ! Everybody knows ... that's what a market maker does ! You're not employed by one are you ? Cause you seem to be close to them.

Anyway it's flogging a dead horse, I'm way way past SBs and never going back, I go direct to the market and after making thousands from them ( yes that part p****d them off), I will only return seriously with big capital, 100's of thousands, I'm done with small accounts.

Meantime I'm working on some new TA concepts and auto trading.

can't trade & work too. one or the other. trading IS work. the former requires 100% attention, the latter nothing left.

LOL, the only people taking advantage of prices are the shops ! Everybody knows ... that's what a market maker does ! You're not employed by one are you ? Cause you seem to be close to them.

Anyway it's flogging a dead horse, I'm way way past SBs and never going back, I go direct to the market and after making thousands from them ( yes that part p****d them off), I will only return seriously with big capital, 100's of thousands, I'm done with small accounts.

Right...Ok...bye!

Makes no sense....if profitable, who would pass up on some tax free, even if you declare your occupation as "trader" :)

Is there anybody who is working as a trader with a full-time job?

Not sure I would consider myself a trader as my salary from it is negative. However, it is possible and really not difficult to do it with automation (what I do). Doing it successfully though...that is another story.

Is there anybody who is working as a trader with a full-time job?

Yes, I am doing it for years with automation. I just have another laptop on my desk connected to a VPS to monitor the logs if I need to + I am getting notified on my iPhone if the algo buys or sells...

I used to trade PT whilst working FT and that was manual discretionary trading - very time consuming and difficult, I agree with quantt, automation is the way to go for all types of trading.

I used to trade PT whilst working FT and that was manual discretionary trading - very time consuming and difficult, I agree with quantt, automation is the way to go for all types of trading.

Exactly, for me to beat the market, one have to have a system... for sure there are discretionary traders that beat the market, but for me I cannot develop a system that I cannot back test - e.g. no back data available... Once you have a system, it is easy to automate with the API of your broker + a bit of Python and for a few dollars a month you can rent a VPS and host it in the cloud... The hard part is the system, the automation is easy... I think this is the holy grail - it gives you the freedom and the location independence... with automated system you are free to have a full time job or to retire and travel or do volunteer work... the sky is the limit...

Platform

Exactly, for me to beat the market, one have to have a system... for sure there are discretionary traders that beat the market, but for me I cannot develop a system that I cannot back test - e.g. no back data available... Once you have a system, it is easy to automate with the API of your broker + a bit of Python and for a few dollars a month you can rent a VPS and host it in the cloud... The hard part is the system, the automation is easy... I think this is the holy grail - it gives you the freedom and the location independence... with automated system you are free to have a full time job or to retire and travel or do volunteer work... the sky is the limit...

Are you on Ninja/ Sierra / Multichart ?