Trading through a isa.

mike.

Anybody trading stocks through a isa ? I just have a few queries, this years allowance is 15,250, so to get your spouse's allowance included im guessing you need to open a joint isa trading account ?

Also, is your withdrawl tax free ? or just at a lower tax rate ?

And finally, with quite high broker charges there must be a threshold where it becomes less profitable to trade this way even with the tax savings. All feedback appreciated. Cheers. (y)

Anybody trading stocks through a isa ? I just have a few queries, this years allowance is 15,250, so to get your spouse's allowance included im guessing you need to open a joint isa trading account ?

Also, is your withdrawl tax free ? or just at a lower tax rate ?

And finally, with quite high broker charges there must be a threshold where it becomes less profitable to trade this way even with the tax savings. All feedback appreciated. Cheers. (y)

I do Mike. Yes I utilise my wife's allowance, but seperately via another broker in her name. I don't like to keep it all together in the one brokerage. Then there's the new child ISA. All tax free, profits and withdrawals you just pay stamp duty and commission charges.

commission charges vary. Iweb have an isa and only £5 there are others just shop around, I did post a list of the more cost effective ones, I'll dig it out mate. It can be a drag, depending on how much you are investing in any one company but much rather pay a fiver and get a true price if you know what I mean..no dealer referrals like IG and everyone else I've ever come across in the so called tax free spread betting business you just get taxed in other ways

still get a strategy though, and please don't think of buy and hold a strategy!

Thanks pal, I very nearly pm,d you first, I had a vague recollection you touched on this very subject before. I would be grateful of your list if you can dig it out, and any other info you feel relevant.