Trading the SPX

ammo said:
grat call great chart is that your invention or is ther some info i can get on it please keep em comin!!!

My work is based mostly on WD Gann's and Bill McLaren's work.

ajaskey said:
My work is based mostly on WD Gann's and Bill McLaren's work.
sc

The SPX probably won't get to 1272ish by Monday or Tuesday - maybe to 1219 though. The SOX on the other hand hit the 50% line right on time.

sc

July 24th has been turning point in the past for Spx - 2001, 2002 to name just two. Also 24th is (I think) 77d from the highs in May. Curiously 77 often has strange effects .... is it a Gann Number ?

[On Ftse 77d from high brought in the lower high on 7/7........ This week's rejection came at 90d from high.]

You imply that Sox may be near a low and a bounce is due - does that mean Spx 1219 (if hit) may also cause a rally ??

Hookie

Hook Shot said:
July 24th has been turning point in the past for Spx - 2001, 2002 to name just two. Also 24th is (I think) 77d from the highs in May. Curiously 77 often has strange effects .... is it a Gann Number ?

[On Ftse 77d from high brought in the lower high on 7/7........ This week's rejection came at 90d from high.]

You imply that Sox may be near a low and a bounce is due - does that mean Spx 1219 (if hit) may also cause a rally ??

Hookie

A Google search of "WD Gann 77" shows Gann died at age 77 - so I suppose that was significant to him :eek: Seven/Eigths is 78.75. Subtract 45 from 75 (today which is a weekend and can count as Friday or Monday) and you get 30. Both 45 days and 30 days are significant. Basically this means that today is 30 days since the significant day of June 21st which is summer solstice,45 days from the top, and 135 days from the previous bottom.

If Monday is a turning point then this will look like genius. If not then it is just another "significant" day that did nothing. :LOL:

Hook Shot said:

Hookie

The 50% and 100% time lines have caused a change in direction since 2003. Of course, it may mean an acceleration down too.

ajaskey said:
A high reward low risk trade this morning with a short period of time remaining and a move towards the 50% price line.

sc

Close enough for gubmint werk.

The square of 52 completes this week or next. That should be good for a turn - up or down :LOL:

sc

ajaskey said:

Next week has to touch the green line - then it can go up.... or down... :p

Another interesting longterm squareout today. Hit the 2/3 bear market retrace line at 1.5 times the duration of the bear market. Interestingly, it has hit this line the last two time increments I watch also.

sc

i dont understand the s/r lines on your charts but your calls are deadly , real pleasure to have ya on this site, thanks

ammo said:
i dont understand the s/r lines on your charts but your calls are deadly , real pleasure to have ya on this site, thanks

The charts are simple.

Pick the most significant range in the timeframe of interest. Draw diagonals thru the box and then copy those lines shifted in 1/8s or 1/4s of the time - whatever makes sense. The shorter the timeframe the more diagonals that make sense - at least from my viewpoint.

Divide the price range into 1/8s or 1/4s - whatever makes sense. I often don't draw lines where price didn't go. If you copy the diagonals then they will show you where the the horizonal and vertical lines go. Price tends to pause or change direction where the diagonal lines cross, a diagonal line crosses a horizontal line, or the best case when the diagonals cross at a horizontal. Why? Because price moves in a specific geometric pattern. And because 99.9% of traders ignore time in their analysis the price moves naturally - rarely having big money jam it in one direction or the other to make a squareout.

Price likes to hit a significant intersection at 50% and 100% of the time of the original range. You can find some good trades when you see price moving towards a significant intersection and get ahead of it in time. It doesn't always work so you should limit your risk with position size and/or stop losses points.

End-of-Month Squareouts

Both the SPX and DOW short term charts squareout the last week in August. Maybe a run up to then before a real pause :?:

sc

sc

thnks for the post aj,coincidentally this rally kicked off with buying by the fund managers on 8/15 at 9:30 a.m. chicago time .they can"t trade the first hour, and they must hold a position for a minimum of 10 days which would be 8/28

'

ammo said:
thnks for the post aj,coincidentally this rally kicked off with buying by the fund managers on 8/15 at 9:30 a.m. chicago time .they can"t trade the first hour, and they must hold a position for a minimum of 10 days which would be 8/28

'
watch for buying or selling at 9:30 (cst) chicago time for fund managers,today is 10 days since last big buying spree which kicked off most recent rally08/15/06. Selling could signal they are bearish /buying bullish,lack of volume in this last rally makes one wonder if they think its toppy and will be selling thruout day, 9:30 a.m. will tell

;

;