Trading the SPX

The thing about oil, that crosses my thoughts, not researched, so I pose it as a thought nothing more, (nice hedging RT). Is that for large companies institutions or whatever who are very dependant on oil, since it is a commodity you must be able to hedge the rise quite effectively, thereby reducing the impact. What do you think?

erm back in 1932 i believe.

if its not the all time low, its still a significant one after the 1929 crash.

40 days, weeks, months and years spin out from there.. where else does Gann get his 40 year cycle from? :) and therefore the 20 and 10 year cycles?

big low coming in 2012 in that case..

caught the early 70s depression.

well september 2012 is close enough to your 2013.

gann cycles are largely untradeable anyway. the timings are too imprecise. his angles have some merit though IMHO.

Joules MM1 said:
:devilish:

Put my money where my chops are and ss SPX at 1219

Hmmn considered that but stuff I look at giving me mixed signals so I declined and sat tight. Hope it goes well matey

Joules MM1 said:
:devilish:

Put my money where my chops are and ss SPX at 1219

Hi Julian,

Can see your strategy on this. I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

What sort of exit range are you looking for?
Is this a long term trade or short term (just today)?

Joules MM1 said:
ss at 1216.0 SPX

Sit down girlfriend !

:LOL: A little "Smack my bitch up." Internals showing a little deterioration, Nasdaq Neutral NYSE still a bullish bias. But I wouldn't want to be long here, then again I'm not getting short either. Comfortable on this fence 'til Monday

Joules MM1 said:
3:02pm 06/17/05 CRUDE CLOSES AT RECORD HIGH OF $58.47

(what? No market crash ! ROFL. There goes another media conundrum) :rolleyes:

Better fall before the end of the summer, I have to fill my heating tank. And I haven't hedged :eek:

Joules MM1 said:
Weak to the downside or upside?

He he lookied weak to the downside but didn't stop a nice little bounce off the gap. NYSE internals poor.
Nasdaq not sure think my data may be screwy, charts look odd