Trading the E-mini

6:07 - "You making tea?" :)

Just off the action and the fact it got stuck at 1pt, I would probably have bailed at that point.

8:10 - "I wouldn't stay in if this wasn't a postion trade" - LOL my suspicions confirmed...

12:49 - "Come on!"

I tell you what Pedro - you have some b@lls holding out for 2pts

As I saw it drop to about 800 or so I shouted "Get out now" and you did.....

We trade in a very, very similar way Pedro except you scale out and I don't......

Out of interest Rob. How long can you hold a winner? Do you think that DT's scaling out allows him to hold on for a larger move with teh remaining positions?

Out of interest Rob. How long can you hold a winner? Do you think that DT's scaling out allows him to hold on for a larger move with teh remaining positions?

The whole session but it has to be under particular circumstances. His trade was contra trend and I could see it getting sticky off the open without a major level being involved off thin volume.....

6:07 - "You making tea?" :)

Just off the action and the fact it got stuck at 1pt, I would probably have bailed at that point.

I think the sellers went off for a tea party, not me. I was actually praying at the time.

What I tend to do is let it move to that first target & then when it gets there put on a 'temporary' b/e stop whilst waiting for a fill. I figure if we can't go 4 ticks from my entry fairly fast, then it's not meant to be. After the fill, I loosen up the stop again.

As we'd stuck within Fridays range overnight and as it was a narrow Globex session, I thought that a move towards Fridays lows was a valid target given rejection of the VAH off the open.

8:10 - "I wouldn't stay in if this wasn't a postion trade" - LOL my suspicions confirmed...

12:49 - "Come on!"

I tell you what Pedro - you have some b@lls holding out for 2pts

Praying wasn't working, so I reverted to hope-mode.

It's been a churny market of late, often stopping at a level, trading 10k and then carrying straight through. As such, I'm not paying much attention to it, just trying to get in and then just let it play out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

As I saw it drop to about 800 or so I shouted "Get out now" and you did.....

We trade in a very, very similar way Pedro except you scale out and I don't......

Yup - she was gonna blow any minute!

Last edited:
Prep#1 - 12/3/13

So another new high yesterday, ground up on wafer thin volumes. All the same levels are in play for me today with the addition of the 56/57 new high. Nothing much else to report really. Market quite slow at the moment for my style of trading.

Picked up a nice forex trade this morning so I'll look at ES now.
Ideally, I'd like to buy just below this morning's low, around 1546-47 area. Stop would be 1542. Exit 1 contract @ last night's high 1551.50, let the 2nd one ride.

Peter

Yen surging , equities shaky , bonds rallying , sounds like a VIX up day , yesterday's close was as low as 11.56 , investors will rush to buy SPX puts on the open IMHO , i may be able to close my VIX MAR calls next 2 days ....

Last edited:
12th March

Same as yesterday - looks like we'll open in value, first port of call is whether we stay in it or break out of it....

New high again overnight 1551.75

Yest Range – 1541.75 – 1550.75
Yest Val – 1544.25 -> 1550.75
Globex Range -- 1546.75 - 1551.85

Honorable mention to 1546 as potential support!

Am short, filled at 54.25 on March contract. Have entered on the premise that it is now starting to roll over and search for value at lower prices.

Just went long on S&P at 1551. Bit of bottom catching. Let's see what happens.

Out at 1550. Someone's going to be contemplating a nice vacation. :cheesy:

14:48:22 CME S 155425 ES Mar13
15:36:45 CME B 155025 ES Mar13

Got a bit sticky so decided to take a few pts off the table. Looking for it to return back to 52/53 for a possible re-entry short.

Attachments

• 20130312-ES-1.png
    20130312-ES-1.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 172
you still trading Mar :cheesy:

Of course tar, it's what all the cool kids trade :LOL:

Will be on Jun tomorrow I reckon - just means loads of fiddling with my main chart so I try to put it off :whistling