Trading, Stress, Psychosensory Therapies

trendie

Legendary member
6,578 1,163
hi,
Been thinking about meditation, mindfulness, and spiritual stuff.
I have known about EMDR and EFT (acupressure point tapping) for a while, and more recently, Havening. (touch therapy)

It dawned on me that they seem to have the same roots, whereby a stressor, or trauma, can be re-encoded into the memory, by remembering the trauma and simultaneously triggering some sensory overlay.
This lead me to look at psychosensory therapies, as a root principle.

From a traders perspective, stress, or anxiety over taking a trade, holding a trade, or closing a trade can sometimes be overwhelming.

For those newbies, who may be prone to such anxieties, I wonder if you could incorporate Havening into your daily schedules?
Just as an experiment. No medication involved. No cost. Mostly 10-15 minutes of your time.
Maybe at the beginning of the day. And a closing session at end of trading.

EMDR was an early prototype idea, where traumas could have their impact diminished by carrying out eye-movements, and some muscle testing.

EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy); tapping on acupressure points whilst thinking about an anxiety or phobia, whilst also carrying put eye-rolls, counting and singing,
(any number of YT channels show this, but Gary Craig was the earliest proponent of this)

Havening, similar to EFT, except stroking of the arms, eye-moves, counting and visualisation.
There are some scientific studies which seem to give some positive results for EFT and Havening, especially for PTSD type events.
(Paul McKenna has a good YT exposition of Havening)

Wiki "psychosensory therapy", as a starting point.

Hope this is useful for the mindset side of trading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock