Vision correction without surgery - an experiment

fuzzy eyes

Hi, I'm a new member (daytrader) who stares at two 23" monitors all day and after years (and age) my eyes struggle when away from the screens. I'm going to be following your progress with considerable interest. Thanks for keeping us informed.

I have totally enjoyed looking at that magic eye- beyond 3 d book I mentioned earlier. First of all, it made me giggle (why would that be so?) Later when I was able to get the 3 D and hold for several minutes while slowly moving the book away from me, and then back again - I tried something new. I rotated the book clockwise/counter clockwise back and forth by about 2 degrees each.

It was better than a coaster ride - my heart raced, my stomach flopped, and I forgot everything else for a moment. Nearly had to shout Whooo hooooo! How weird is that?
JO

hey, Arb, how is it going ?

can you see better now or better now

seriously, its been about 5/6 months or so.
have you been keeping up with the exercises?
any news to impart?
(I am still as short-sighted as ever, but stabilised - no changes for over a year)

eye exercises definitely work as I went thru the same process as Arb - my prescription dropped a couple of notches - the problem for me was keeping up the exercises

in Singapore opticians under-correct school children's vision - this is better than 20/20 correction as it forces the eye to do some focussing work itself

c6

trendie said:
hey, Arb, how is it going ?

can you see better now or better now

seriously, its been about 5/6 months or so.
have you been keeping up with the exercises?
any news to impart?
(I am still as short-sighted as ever, but stabilised - no changes for over a year)

lol :cheesy:

I must admit that I have been increasingly busy/lazy and my eye exercises did not last for much longer than the original experiment, having proven to myself that they work, albeit slowly, I promptly though to myself "I'll do that later then, now I know it works"

possibly a new year resolution for me? I'm off skiing next week, so i'll see if my resolve holds out after I get back & keep you posted

Thanks for this attachment Counter violent. I have tried the exercises and they definately have helped in terms of eye strain . I will be interested to see what additional improvement i can gain.

Cheers

Marty

Before I had my treatment with Dr. Wiles at Lasik-1, I had trouble seeing clearly even with my glasses on. Now I can see my alarm clock without holding it in front of my face and I can see road signs without squinting. I don’t hate driving at night anymore. My life is so much better now; I only wish I had gone to Lasik-1 sooner! Thank you for helping me see what I’ve been missing!"

My wife and I discovered the Bates method quite a long time ago, possibly put on to it by my wife's Mother, unless she got it from us; can't quite remember. Anyway, my M-I-L practised the exercises all her life, and never wore glasses....but needed a magnifying glass to read certain things, so...

Anyway, we found it slightly helpful, especially the "palming", but I don't think we found it of much practical use in the long run, to be honest. Along the way, we also discovered another book about vision improvement by a man called Harry Benjamin. His book has a similar title to that of Bates, and his method is based on that of Bates, with the addition of changes to diet and lifestyle - Bates was a Naturopath.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Better-Sigh...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295816937&sr=1-1

My wife was short sighted and I was long-sighted, and like most long-sighted people seem to do, I started suffering the symptoms of presbyopia, although probably a bit earlier than most, probably around late 30s. This made reading close up difficult, and eventually all reading, and in the end, I gave up and got reading glasses, and later on, Varifocals. One thing I learned about presbyopia ("old sight") is that as well as affecting your near-vision, it also can affect your distance vision. I was shocked to realise that I could no longer read a numberplate at 25 metres, and from then on legally had to wear glasses to drive.

I would say that reading glasses and the varifocals have made my eyesight worse over time, but what is the alternative? (I wouldn't risk laser surgery, even supposing it was offered for my condition, and I couldn't live with contact lenses). Opticians would not agree with me, naturally.

I think that technically, short-sighted persons also develop presbyopia, but it doesn't affect them in the same way, and may even reduce their short-sightedness slightly.