Coping with Stress in Forex Trading

shaunna75

Forex Trading can be really stressful but there is a solution for that. Here are some ways on how you can prevent getting stressed out with Forex trading. Having knowledge and know what to expect would help you handle any situation. Remember that Forex Trading is constantly changing. Learn to practice detachment and just let the trade work on its own way. Constantly watching over the sell button can be very stressful. Take a break when everything is going wrong like taking a walk or having a breather so you can think well what to do next. Use everything that you have learned from this trade. This technique would help you feel more in control and reduce the level of stress. Try not to be emotional when doing this kind of trading because there would be a lot of risks involved here. How do you cope with stress?

In my opinion, if you have a good trading plan which consist a good risk management or money management you can avoid a stressful forex trading especially when the trade is going to the wrong direction. If the trade is a loss and hit your stop loss but it still within your risk tolerance than what need to be worry about. Just move on and trade for another day!!!

Forex Trading can be really stressful but there is a solution for that. Here are some ways on how you can prevent getting stressed out with Forex trading. Having knowledge and know what to expect would help you handle any situation. Remember that Forex Trading is constantly changing. Learn to practice detachment and just let the trade work on its own way. Constantly watching over the sell button can be very stressful. Take a break when everything is going wrong like taking a walk or having a breather so you can think well what to do next. Use everything that you have learned from this trade. This technique would help you feel more in control and reduce the level of stress. Try not to be emotional when doing this kind of trading because there would be a lot of risks involved here. How do you cope with stress?

I have been trading Forex now for 5 years and I don't get stressed out anymore. If I am wrong, then I have a predetermined level to take a loss and if I am correct then I have a predetermined place to get out.........I trade my own technical system and only my own signals.............trading currencies is challenging, but I have built my own system and read tons of books in the last five years.............I am very thankful that I only trade my own signals now and don't have to rely on anyone else for my profits...............There are unlimited ways to be profitable and there are unlimited ways to lose money............

Good Trading Everyone,
JahDave

I find reading bulletin boards helps me reduce tress. But sometimes, it goes too far in the other direction.

It's hard to trade with tears in your eyes.

Try higher time frames, and get to know a few pairs very intimately.. this reduces stress. Trading on a whim rather than with predetermined entry/exit points can also make this hazy, and then stressful.. otherwise FX is really quite boring.. waiting around for targets to be met.

Drink a bottle or two to alleviate the stress of trading::p

Attachments

• drunk.png
    drunk.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 703
I find after I have moved my stops upto breakeven or in profit I can switch off from the stress of it by walking the dog. I find the dog is very therapeutic.

Dear reader,

We have talk about how to handle stress trade forex especially when facing sting of losses. So what about to handle emotion running high when facing sting of winning. For me this is the most difficult situation to handle where you start to deviate from your trading plan and the dark cloud of greed getting thick on top of your head!!!

Hello, friends!
My idea is so, that one shouldn't divide a stress from a kind of specific "forex" stress - the nature of both of them is the same!!! IMHO
Having learnt to copy with an everyday stress = you Will copy with a "forex" one).
Good Luck!

Hello, friends!
My idea is so, that one shouldn't divide a stress from a kind of specific "forex" stress - the nature of both of them is the same!!! IMHO
Having learnt to copy with an everyday stress = you Will copy with a "forex" one).
Good Luck!

huh?

I'm confused??
Trying to make heads or tails of this thread is really stressing me out.

Peter

Stress comes generally from the unknown. You can trade forex without having any unknowns...

Make a plan
Test the plan
Trade the plan
Have a plan for every scenario in a trade, that has been tested.

As in...

Position opened... what will I do if:

I go immediately into big profit,
I go immediately into big loss,
Price remains sideways,
I go slightly into profit
I go slightly into loss.
How am I going to manage the trade once I'm at break even?
How am i going to manage the trade whilst I'm losing?
What am i going to do if I have to step away from my computer?
etc etc

Think of every scenario, have a plan for each. Test that plan to make sure the outcomes are suitable, and above all else, follow the plan.