Trading Redundancy Money...

shadowninja

Legendary member
5,524 643
Depends. Are you (or the person with the money) a **** hot trader or a **** trader? If the former, go for it, if the latter, demo trade or brush up your CV.

Paul71

2,056 412
is this a good idea ?

It all depends really. The best position a home trader can be in is to have really low overheads, no debts etc. Take the redundancy, sell the house, live in a camper van and away ya go. Be free like a bird and sh!t on people!

Hoggums

2,176 878
Depends. Are you (or the person with the money) a **** hot trader or a **** trader? If the former, go for it, if the latter, demo trade or brush up your CV.
Shadow - this is advfntrader we're talking about here.

adv - Find another job and put your money in a bank account. Don't put it anywhere near a trading account.

Reactions: oildaytrader
B

Black Swan

0 0
Shadow - this is advfntrader we're talking about here.:LOL:

adv - Find another job and put your money in a bank account. Don't put it anywhere near a trading account.
Oof that's harsh...but good advice...

shadowninja

Legendary member
5,524 643
Shadow - this is advfntrader we're talking about here.

:LOL: I'm not accusing anyone of anything. He may be a trading god just trolling trading forums for ****s n giggles.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,604 1,041
The only way to spend your redundancy money on trading is if you're already a consistently successful trader, in which case, bang it all in.

B

Black Swan

0 0
good adivce. given my poor (appauling) track record my money will be going into savings and I will get another job.
make sure then new job isn't copywriting...:) To be serious for a mo' why can't you make it work? Suggestion; why not finally obligate x amount of the package, perhaps 10%, in order to see if you can finally make it work for you? Excuse the pun but there's often a pivot point where you have to make it work/or it clicks... whatever your decision and looking at the threads where I've come across your involvement, you appear to be one of the good guys, you've always taken the leg pulling with good grace and humour, wish you luck whatever you decide. :)

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,389
Just to echo what BS has said, have one last fling but only lose what you can afford to lose. If you lose for this last time, walk away and don't return. Setting these boundaries before you start and really meaning it might just shove you into trading profitably. At worst you'll know it's not for you and move on with your life.

advfntrader

Established member
739 66
my problem was in the beginning I threw a few £k into an account and quickly lost it and more as I had no idea what I was doing......I then studied, learned and demoed. Over the next year or so in between demoing I blew £100 here, £200 there in small amounts though. I couldn't make it work. I think that maybe if I had 1 more try with say £1k or £2k it might be different as I would be better capitalised.

arabianights

Legendary member
6,725 1,377
How about doing matched betting for a bit? That'll make you a few k. Then invest that in a trading account... you'll essentially be playing with house's money.