Trading on Exchange

SlowlyButSurely

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has experience trading on exchange and if so who do you use as a broker/clearer? I am interested in the following products:

CL
ES
GX

Many Thanks,

To clarify and add some additional information.

If you were a large group of day traders trading/scalping the futures market, what is the best route to take in terms of pricing and execution? Is the best bet to get a live feed to the CME or something?

Any trading groups or professional retail traders ever use this option? I'm guessing once large enough you aren't going to be using a retail broker.

If you are planning mainly CME and associated exchanges they have the International Incentive program for prop firms and arcades. However you need pretty high volume to make it worthwhile. I don't know the break even point. You still need to clear through a broker or exchange member but the CME fees and therefore the total commission is a lot less.

As gc1 said, you have lower fees when your organisation will do like hundreds of thousands lots a year.
I had my incentive from CME in 2010/2011 and I had to trade 50000 lots within a year , which in practice is possible on spread markets only unless you trade/ scalp with like 20 lot clip size on outright futures. Basically, this is a solution for a market maker.
I was using CQG platform and MF Global/ Marex clearing/ broker. This will cost you like 1000$-1500$ a month just for an access to the data feed and execution plus transaction fees.

Last edited: