Trading news headlines automatically via an algo

JP1966

If anyone has experience in this then please feel free to get in contact with me as there re various issues I would like to discuss. thanks!

If anyone has experience in this then please feel free to get in contact with me as there re various issues I would like to discuss. thanks!
Hi JP1966,
May I suggest you outline the issues you want to discuss and, that way, members will be better able to determine whether or not they can assist you. In short, you'll get more replies that way.

Also, I've moved the thread out of First Steps and into the Trading Systems forum, because trading the news is the last thing any newbie should consider doing!
;)
Tim.

Many thanks Tim.

Little bit of background....!

I have traded full time for over 20 years and really only trade off news events. Now coding up data releases and scheduled events is pretty straightforward and can be set up to trigger automatic buy or sells.

What I want to be able to do is have an algo that can interpret an unscheduled news event and trigger a trade. For example if Obama was to resign, Greece kicked out the Euro, SNB to remove the floor then there would obviously be a huge market reaction. I want to be able to automate this.