Automatic Trading

ilia king

327 0
There a lot experienced users here, especially about Metastock, so I was wondering if anyone can help me out about automatic trading in metastock pro (7.2 or 8 - got both).
Would it be possible to attach it to IB and get streaming data, then use an indicator like a MACD, and metastock would check the (3 min) chart and find when a crossover and then send the order to IB. Tradestation does that, but does Metastock?

Any reply is greatly appreciated. :cry: :cry:

JohnD

9 2
Ilia,

As I've still got a day job, I just use end of day data, and the "basic" version of Metastock. I understand that the Pro version can trigger normal alerts, or can send messages via email or mobile phone, but as far as I know, it doesn't automatically place trades for you. It appears to have a facility to fill in a trading form for you when working with some brokers - according to http://www.equis.com/Products/MetaStock/PRO/InternetCapability.aspx

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock