trading multiple pairs/markets

jabar2

I'd like to ask what's the benefit of trading multiple pairs or markets?

I'v noticed that if there is a big move or start of a trend or anything else, then it happens at the same time on almost all pairs/markets. So is it not better to learn to trade one or two pairs/markets, get the feeling for it and get to know it as much as possible instead of chasing all signals on many pairs/markets? If you are consistent then it is just a matter of increasing the risk per pip to make more money.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not asking/or saying what's better, I just wanted to know if maybe I'm missing something and there is a advantage of trading multiple pairs/markets and I could benefit from it?

Generally speaking, you want to trade fewer markets as your time frames are shorter and more markets as your time frame is longer. It's a function of concentration and focus on the short end of the spectrum and ensuring sufficient trading opportunities on the other.

If by trading you mean holding a position, as few markets as possible to meet your trading plan is best as Rhody says. But you may need to scan a dozen or so to find a chart suggesting a viable trade set-up with the right TA, r:r etc. and to get a consensus on market mood / direction.