What currency pair should I trade??

forefit

Ok so I'm playing around forex (in a demo account) now there are loads of currency pairs to choose from and experiment with. I have been jumping around from one pair to the next not really taking much notice of what pair it is but just looking at the TA on the chart for trading opportunities and had mixed results.

My question is should I concentrate on one or two pairs learn about those in greater depth pairs? If so what pairs should I look at or does it depend on my system and what I want?

Or is not that important and just find an opportunity in whichever pair I can find that fits my trading strategy well?

I kind get the feeling that everyone is going to say the former of the two.

IMO if you have a robust strategy it should work across most pairs bearing in mind that volatility varies so you may need to use bigger stops & targets on some than others and also factor in varying spreads.

... just find an opportunity in whichever pair you can find that fits your trading strategy.

I'd suggest it may depend on your timeframe. If you're a very short-term trader it may be dificult to stay on top of a large number of pairs. As you lengthen the timeframe, though, you probably want to track more pairs to ensure sufficient trading opportuntities. You'll probably have to experiment a bit to find the trade-off that's right for you.

Ok so I'm playing around forex (in a demo account) now there are loads of currency pairs to choose from and experiment with. I have been jumping around from one pair to the next not really taking much notice of what pair it is but just looking at the TA on the chart for trading opportunities and had mixed results.

My question is should I concentrate on one or two pairs learn about those in greater depth pairs? If so what pairs should I look at or does it depend on my system and what I want?

Or is not that important and just find an opportunity in whichever pair I can find that fits my trading strategy well?

There is only one correct answer: EURUSD!

Hello! I am a new on forex and trade on demo as well. I have been trying to trade on different pairs just to see what is it. Well, eurusd can be more "comfortable" to trade I suppose. But I am think that I am lack of knowledge yet :)

Start with major currency pairs.

I think there is no need to jump from one currency to another, it will be useful to choose several pairs for you and watch them carefully , maybe after a long time it will be necessary to change it