Trading journal format ideas

Gillespie

Hi,

I am bout to format a daily trading journal. I'm sure there must be some stndard format types/templates etc. Could anyone recommend a website for such things, or has anyone got a journal format they think is good and covers most things; such as Daily P/L, Close/opening prices, Highs and lows etc.

Thanks in advance

Gillespie - A true novice:innocent:

are you talking electronic or written down?

I don't know of anything for discretionary traders to record their trades, being a mechanical trader, but generally speaking I guess you'd like to be able to save your trades on your computer and at some point plot them against the chart of the market you were trading?

Hi,

I am bout to format a daily trading journal. I'm sure there must be some stndard format types/templates etc. Could anyone recommend a website for such things, or has anyone got a journal format they think is good and covers most things; such as Daily P/L, Close/opening prices, Highs and lows etc.

Thanks in advance

Gillespie - A true novice:innocent:

ok I will recommend to buy Trading athlete and adapt their trading journal to your style

The Trading Athlete: Winning the Mental Game of Online Trading (Wiley Trading) by Shane Murphy and Doug Hirschhorn

Facts: I bought the book, and i believe its worth every penny

book recommendation?

ok I will recommend to buy Trading athlete and adapt their trading journal to your style

The Trading Athlete: Winning the Mental Game of Online Trading (Wiley Trading) by Shane Murphy and Doug Hirschhorn

Facts: I bought the book, and i believe its worth every penny

I was looking at this book on Amazon and wondering whether it's entirely targetted at technical analysts and discretionary traders, or whether it's got more general principles that would apply to mechanical traders too.