Futures Trading Journal

Hi All,

New to the community so if this is not allowed then please let me know, deposited £30,000 into my trading account (10th April) with the goal of growing it to £100k. I am not a full time trader as I am involved in a couple of businesses but I do try to trade the US session most days. I do not need to withdraw on the funds I am trading with. For my own sanity I wanted to make a public trading journal so feel free to critique away.

Here is the performance over the previous month, I will try to update weekly moving forward. The strategy is volume based mean reversion and is purely technical, any days driven by fundamentals (NFP etc.) then I will not trade or trade once the market has had suitable time to digest the information.

If people are interested then I am happy to post my trades.

Symbols traded: ES, NQ, RTY, YM, CL, ZN, ZT

r/FuturesTrading - My futures trading journal
I took 2 trades today, one on YM and one on ZN.

YM - Short entry, the market moved down almost immediately, trailed stop down which was hit before the TP (indicated by the blue line) 1 contract traded.

ZN - Long entry, initially 2 contracts with a further 2 added as price dropped further, came within 1 tick of TP before turning back round, market seemed to settle and was taking too long to move in my direction so closed the trade for a 1 tick loss (red line) based on the average price of all four contracts.

Daily profit $167.40

trades 0905.PNG