trading journals

Baruch said:
What's your problem, old chap? :cheesy:
Hi Baruch,
In answer to your question, to be fair, you have promoted Darvas and his books throughout T2W with the kind of zealousness normally associated with religious fundamentalism. To put it another way, if you were a (known) Muslim extremist (. . . and you may be so for all I know), I'd be tipping off the anti-terrorist police by now . . .
;)
Tim.
P.S. That said, because of you, I've added Darvas' main publication to my reading list, so your efforts aren't entirely in vain!!!

timsk said:
P.S. That said, because of you, I've added Darvas' main publication to my reading list, so your efforts aren't entirely in vain!!!

There comes a time when books like "See Spot Run" are no longer helpful.

timsk said:
Hi Baruch,
In answer to your question, to be fair, you have promoted Darvas and his books throughout T2W with the kind of zealousness normally associated with religious fundamentalism. To put it another way, if you were a (known) Muslim extremist (. . . and you may be so for all I know), I'd be tipping off the anti-terrorist police by now . . .
;)
Tim.

Hi,

Well, maybe it has been too much Darvas-PR, but I think the tiny dancer deserves that. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08..._3/103-2318999-8391066?_encoding=UTF8&s=books

dbphoenix said:
Well put. And what nearly every Darvas fan tends to forget is that if it hadn't been for the warrants, which were largely accidental, Darvas wouldn't have had much if anything to boast about.

Get it from the library.

That's not true. Well, they made him a fortune, but he also had huge profits in other stocks. The important thing is that his strategy is sound and easy to understand.

Just read this:

http://wishingwealth.typepad.com/report/2005/week40/index.html

Last edited:
samtron said:
Based mainly on your recommendations I have already ordered the book, it should be with me in a day a so. If it doesn't live up to expectations I will be looking for a save place to stick it. :cheesy:

I am sure you will enjoy the book. I could like to read Darvas' last book, "You can still make it in the market", but I think 250 bucks are too much for a used copy, so if anyone here knows where I can get it cheaper, please let me know... ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...f=pd_bbs_3/103-2318999-8391066?_encoding=UTF8

dbphoenix said:
Yes, it is true. As for the "huge" profits, depends on how you define "huge".

Sound? Yes. But it's just a variation on buying breakouts from consolidations. Hardly revolutionary. And unless one factors in the sector and the market, he'll find himself with far more stopouts than he is led to expect.

But given the dozens of posts you've made on this book, it must be doing something for you. Perhaps you'd like to open a journal showing your trades and continuing results.

Nicolas Darvas' method also factors in the sector and the market, as you can read him write here:

http://wishingwealth.typepad.com/report/2005/week40/index.html

PS. His method made William O'Neil a very rich mand (read his books), and one of the other Market Wizards also used Darvas (I can't remember his name now), and did very well. So his method works also today.

dbphoenix said:
I know the method, Baruch. You needn't keep pressing that issue. And I've read O'N. In fact, I wrote the FAQ for the CANSLIM board at TMF.

But, again, this thread is about journals. Why not maintain one showing how you use Darvas' method? Or is this all just about something you read somewhere that sounds like a good idea?

I use Darvas' method in my own stock trading, but as a Dane I mostly trade Danish shares (I know them best), but I don't think Danish shares interest many people outside Denmark.

dbphoenix said:
I'm sure everyone would be interested in a journal which demonstrated how you apply Darvas' method to your trading. Something concrete rather than theoretical. The trading instrument itself is irrelevant.

I will think about it. But the important are not my results, but the method. And I don't know any better than this method. If you have one, please let me know... ;)