Trading Forex - Betting Firm or FCM?

xjun

Is there any advantage by trading forex on Betting Firm? I have just $300 to trade.
Low spread is a must. Low margin requirement is a plus too. Two firms with low spread come into mind CapitalSpread, IG index. As they offer 2pip on EUR/USD daily spot. Which one offers good and guarantee execution rate? Or any other better firms around?

Use the "search" facility

xjun said:
Is there any advantage by trading forex on Betting Firm? I have just $300 to trade.
Low spread is a must. Low margin requirement is a plus too. Two firms with low spread come into mind CapitalSpread, IG index. As they offer 2pip on EUR/USD daily spot. Which one offers good and guarantee execution rate? Or any other better firms around?

Hi
Use the "SEARCH" facility above and/or look at daily posts on forex here and you will learn a lot. Example "Interactive Brokers" for direct access to market and spot. Oanda.com for spot(no dealing desk), FXCM spot but dealing desk etc, etc.(Curreny futures via direct access at the likes of Interactive Brokers - CME Globex - look up CME and read their educational material)
$300 - limits you to spot market.
Apart from expending more effort at studying the free resources on this site you could practice at www.oanda.com on their "FXGame" account for as long as you like. Meanwhile you could save up a more realistic trading pot.

I am seeking your view on a good company ( no requote during fast market, no slipage etc) for forex trading. Oanda just 50:1 which is too low for small capital. IB need 2k to open account so I am not eligible. FXCM is not preferred. So I think betting company seems a better choice compare to FXCM?

xjun said:

You should also look at CMC markets. Their spreads are as low and their platform is very good.

However; $ 300 is only just over £200 and you will need £ 150 margin to place a £ 1 per point trade, so you have very little margin for error.

I would try and get some more capital together before you start trading live.

Capitalspreads margin requirements are good if you have a small pot.

Cable £60 and most other crosses (ie EUR/USD) only £40.

$300?!

By all means take a risk, but you've got a terrifyingly small account to be trading with. Even I don't fly by the seat of my pants that much!

As long as you're absolutely certain you know what you're doing, good luck to you....

Jbat001 said:
$300?!

By all means take a risk, but you've got a terrifyingly small account to be trading with. Even I don't fly by the seat of my pants that much!

As long as you're absolutely certain you know what you're doing, good luck to you....

I heard of some people turn $300 to $30,000 in a year. :D. I think CapitalSpreads have the lowest margin requirement for GBP/USD. Any other betting firm has lower requirement?

xjun said:
I am seeking your view on a good company ( no requote during fast market, no slipage etc) for forex trading. Oanda just 50:1 which is too low for small capital. IB need 2k to open account so I am not eligible. FXCM is not preferred. So I think betting company seems a better choice compare to FXCM?

People here are trying to help yet you are not heeding advice unless they endorse your foolhardiness.

You are being foolish and will lose. :rolleyes:

xjun said:
I heard of some people turn $300 to $30,000 in a year. :D. I think CapitalSpreads have the lowest margin requirement for GBP/USD. Any other betting firm has lower requirement?

I suspect that there are far more people have turned $30000 into $300.

ns1000 said:
I suspect that there are far more people have turned $30000 into $300.

Indeed. All you need is one big market gapping right in the middle of your trade, Osama having another crack while your bet is open, or other significant disturbance, and you might find that you'd not only lost all your cash, but still owed your SB company a few hundred too.

By all means press on (I got soundly discouraged by others when I began, and I did have a small account, though not as small as $300), but be aware that you're much more likely to be wiped out than to succeed.