Trading Equities

XxQuote399

Hello,

What is the volatility of a stock portfolio ? It walks more than a futures portfolio ?

Whats the medium average return of a long-only stock portfolio ? (going flat cash but not short)

Is stock picking effective ? (I guess it does,I mean helps a lot if you are long a company that multiplicates it size)

Whats the medium % of risk in each stock ?

Thanks

You need to figure out what types of stock patterns you want to trade and then paper trade them or keep a record. Stock patterns could be breakouts, breakdowns, double bottoms, stocks trending upward buy on pullback etc...

Get a good charting software/stock screener and start looking for these types of patterns. Learn the entries and exits and proceed to learn good money management rules.

All this is just my opinion.

Yeah but there's also a greater chance of losing money or if the company goes bankrupt a greater chance of losing everything.

I mean on speculative trading how a stock moves opposed to a commodity future,like the quantity of stocks and different sectors provide more leverage and potential big moves

I mean on speculative trading how a stock moves opposed to a commodity future,like the quantity of stocks and different sectors provide more leverage and potential big moves

I am not seeing much vol in the ftse futures at the moment, I have invested a little into an equity portfolio, but will always use futures and options as my income.