Investing Ideas

Joao-D

The "Investing Ideas" have two portfolios, one for Shares and one for ETFs.

Each Portfolio have $ 100,000 USD.
Each entry corresponds to 10% of the portfolio, to be fully exposed is necessary to have 10 positions in each portfolio.

"Investing in ETFs" is a medium risk investment portfolio.
In this portfolio are traded ETFs listed on U.S. market

"Investing in shares" is a medium/high risk investment portfolio.
In this portfolio are traded shares listed on U.S. market, some shares with high volatility.

The trading commissions are $ 7.50 USD.

All businesses have a written supplement placed before or a few days after the entry.

Generally, low-risk investments have a higher level of security for investor but tend to have a lower return.
High-risk investments, on the other hand, can bring a higher return, but with a much higher degree of uncertainty, which may cause heavy losses to investors.

Rule:
All entries and exits must be written first in forum and are limited to the next opening, so every business can be seen before materialize.
In practice, this rule makes the results are seen always rounded by default, which endows them complete validity and realism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please see my messages Re: Forming an Investment Group for those interested in equities. It may be off interest to you.

Hi I'm a bit of n amateur

Could you explain how you interpreted those moving averages on the last diagram?

Hi I'm a bit of n amateur

Could you explain how you interpreted those moving averages on the last diagram?

Sorry for being so slow to respond.
I will make an update and answer the question.

Last edited:
The AAII Investor Sentiment Survey shows that investors are optimistic.
Using the theory of contrary opinion I decided close all positions.

I will buy

ETFs:

Alpine Global Premier Properties Fund (AWP)
MKT VECTORS RUSSIA (RSX)
ISHARES MSCI BRAZIL (EWZ)

Shares:

BANK OF IRELAND-SPON (IRE)
ALIIED IRISH BANKS-A (AIB)

Brief Justification

Based on the analysis technique, the overall market conditions are oversold.

The AAII Investor Sentiment Survey, revealed in the past week that members are pessimistic.
Bullish: 20.74%, Neutral: 29.79%, Bearish: 49.47%

The Ratio AAII = AAII Bullish/(AAII Bullish+ AAII Bearish) = 29,50%
The Ratio AAII < 30% is usually a good entry point.

The combination of these two factors may push the market higher.

In the short term some technical indicators show overboutht conditions.
Overboutht conditions not mean a reversal imminent, it may take time, but I have to decide in advance between sell or hold, I decide to sell because my certainty is zero.