Trading DOW 30 futures

Mikereds

Hi everyone, I currently spread bet with Deal 4 free and it has been brought to my attention that you can trade the same dow with a 1 point spread and $7 per round turn. Does anyone have more info on this and can anyone suggest a decent broker who gives this service.

Cheerz :rolleyes:

Thanks for such a speedy response dude, i've tried them and they only do it for individual stocks, what's your take on this alternative anyhow ?? :eek:

What do you mean? The YM CBOT contract or mini Dow is traded on the IB platform as stated.

YM-200403-ECBOT is the current contract. Will flip to YM-200406-ECBOT shortly...

Its $4.12 per round trip with IB.

Its pretty volatile (much more so than the "cash" index), but if you can SB then after a while you can probably trade YM futures ok.

RR

Dow 30 Futures

Mikereds,

The large DOW contract is not available as it is partly open-outcry during the main US session, mini-Dow (YM) is the smaller version just like emini-s+p to S+P.

Give this guy a call at IB in London.

Gary 7397 6422

Excuse me for my ignorance, but how much buying power does interactive brokers give you?

Some CFD Companies, let you trade the Mini-Dow with a 5pt spread, and give you the ability to buy $10594 (current Mini-Dow Price) with only $500. That means you can buy about 10 shares (in this case $50/pt) with only $5000 in your account. Of course you gotta have more cash on your account to cover your losses.

I am sorry I got a little out of topic, I guess my question still remains, how much buying power does IB give you?

Thanks in advance,
Albtius