Trading Dilemma

wjwskill

I'm a second year Mathematics student at a top 30 Uni. I feel I'm not getting enough out of my degree and staying on for the extra time studying seems like a waste of time.

I've been running a very successful sports spread betting arbitrage system for about 8 weeks, with great success. Trading with the 3 biggest sports spread betting companies I buy low, sell about 1-2 points higher on the outcome of the same event and get the stake * difference in prices back. 92% profit on original capital in 5 weeks. Unfortunately they are beginning to take not and limiting bets, wankers!

I want to get into trading asap, probably prop.

I've been offered interviews at MET Traders, IG Index and Sporting Index, any advice?

Is this the best way to get in? Anyone had interviews at any of these before especially SI?

If I were you, I'd finish second year, try to line up a job for after exams, and see how well you can do over the summer holiday - if things are looking good in September, then you can think about dropping out.

Better yet, just finish the degree - it's only 1 more year (maybe 2 if you're in Scotland), and it makes you far more employable, especially if trading doesn't work out.

What jobs are these anyway? I know about MET, but what would you be doing at SI? Market making for sports bettors, or some sort of prop-trading-sport-betting thing?

The MET job is a trainee futures trader position, what do you know about this company? Do you know if they pay a base salary, if so for how long?

I'm not too sure about the SI it was a very vague reply to a general empoloyment query, a prop-trading-sport-betting thing would be interesting, however market making would be more probable i would expect. What would traders at SI do as opposed to a prop trader?