"Trading Day by Day" by Chick Goslin

Strange that nobody on this thread seems to have mentioned this yet, but if you look thru` SMR`s website, www.smr.com , there is a free link to "Mr. Goslin`s IFT Point System" which appears to explain the same system as referred to in the book.

To those who have read the book, can I ask if there is any substantive difference in the systems?

TradeStation 3-10-16 CODE

TGM has asked me to do this because of his technological difficulties...

Here is the code:

Input: AV1(3),AV2(10),AV3(16);
Plot1(AVERAGE(C,AV1)-AVERAGE(C,AV2),"3-10");
Plot2(AVERAGE(AVERAGE(C,AV1)-AVERAGE(C,AV2),AV3),"3-10-16");
Plot3(0,"Zero");
IF CheckAlert Then Begin
IF Plot1 Crosses Above Plot2 or Plot1 Crosses Below Plot2
or Plot1 Crosses Above Plot3 or Plot1 Crosses Below Plot3
or Plot2 Crosses Above Plot3 or Plot2 Crosses Below Plot3
Then Alert;
End;

hg

Thanks S-A.

No tech problems I am just LAZY! ;)

So here you guys have the Tradestation code. In a ELD file for those using Tradestation 8 and the actual code for all you guys using Tradestation 2000i.

TraderTim,
I mentioned Smr on this thread. There is NOT enough info on the Smr website for you to employ the method correctly. Be careful. Do yourself a favour buy the book if you are interested in his point system.

Happy new Years and happy trading.

Study for Sierra

For those of you that use Sierra Charts I've created a study called SMS for this.

Simply place the file in the SierraChart\data directory then on an active chart click analysis and choose SMS

Remember with a MyTrack bronze subscription you get access to continuous commodity EOD data ;o)

Enjoy

I still don't understand it!

JonnyT

Attachments

• SMS.zip
    220 bytes · Views: 221
JonnyT,

Good going! Please post a chart of your Sierra Charts indicator and give me peek.

JonnyT,

Can you be specific about what you do not understand? Did my explanation on your specific query about page 68 cocoa help?

HG

s-a said:
JonnyT,

Can you be specific about what you do not understand? Did my explanation on your specific query about page 68 cocoa help?

HG
I've attached a current chart of Soya with my SMS indicator.

Any comments on this price action would be appreciated.

The indicator is slightly different to MACD and gives crosses etc slightly earlier.

Thanks

JonnyT

Attachments

• soya.JPG
    soya.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 707
Dear All,
Just went thru the entire thread - ok I'm convinced into buying the book now...
which is "currently" the best place to buy it from? - to be delivered in UK ie.
Cheers,
karmit

Any comments on these?

Here are the charts of Pork Bellies and Wheat.

Any comments welcome.

JonnyT

Attachments

• PorkBellies.JPG
    PorkBellies.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 413
  • wheat.JPG
    wheat.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 391
I bought the book from the States after Global Investor stated they had despatched my book yet they didn't even have it in stock!

It cost a little more but well worth it.

JonnyT

Dear JohnnyT
Did you actually ring up Chick's press/ or order online? I think I saw the URL somewhere in that case...
Cheers,
karmit

Dear JohnnyT,
I'm not into Forex... do you still think the book will help me?
Cheers,
karmit

In case it's helpful information for anyone ... I called Chick's office at about midnight UK time on a Friday night, and the book arrived first thing on the following Tuesday morning (pretty good, I thought). Supply and delivery are evidently no problem.

JonnyT said:
I've attached a current chart of Soya with my SMS indicator.

Any comments on this price action would be appreciated.

The indicator is slightly different to MACD and gives crosses etc slightly earlier.

Thanks

JonnyT

Ok, well you haven't mentioned if my comments helped you understand what Chick was describing on page 68. What to say about price action? IMHO recently sideways but is working off a high SL like indicator while maintaining current price levels. Where is price 50 bars ago?

It is nice to get responsive indicators in some cases but in other cases using lagging indicators can be just as reliable when one gets very used to seeing how they behave. Chick outlines very practical techniques for this art.

HG

karmit said:
Dear JohnnyT,
I'm not into Forex... do you still think the book will help me?
Cheers,
karmit

Karmit,

The book has __nothing__ to do with FX or any specific type of market.

HG

BlueChip Trader said:
Thanks for the TS code. It seems to work well as shown below.

I coded a showme that highlights the Xth bar ago. I use this to see where the 49th bar back is. It updates as new bars print. If you want that, post here and I will post the eld or code for you if you use 2000i.

HG

Reading the book I do not think the 49/50 MA is used at all.

My take is that all that is important is the price 49/50 days ago.

Thats what the chart examples dictate.

Anyone care to elaborate?

JonnyT

s-a said:
I coded a showme that highlights the Xth bar ago. I use this to see where the 49th bar back is. It updates as new bars print. If you want that, post here and I will post the eld or code for you if you use 2000i.

HG

Yes, please post the code for 2000i. The 49th bar back feature would be very useful. Thanks!