"Trading Day by Day" by Chick Goslin

Guys, chick goslin is considering discontinuing his letter! Tis a sad day :(

i never had the chance to read his newsletter but i still look into his books.

what are his reasons to stop the newsletter?

karla

TDBD in 2009 ?

Hi - this is my first post, although I have been interested in trading for many years. Unfortunately, I have lost more than I have made so I guess I still have a lot to learn !

Anyway, I was looking for something else when I came across this thread yesterday and I was immediately captivated and intrigued by it. I have spent a long time reading it and looking at related places on the web. Because of all of that, my copy of Chick Gisland's book is on its way to me, so that I can see exactly what all the fuss is about ;)

Thanks to all of those that have contributed to this thread. However, it seems to have fizzled out lately, so I would like to ask all of you, and any others with an interest in Gisland's methods, how are you getting on with his methods ? Particularly in the "interesting" times that we are experiencing !

I'm particularly interested in hearing from those in the UK. Have you had any difficulty adapting the techniques suggested to the spread betting platforms available in the UK ?

Best wishes,

Reler

For those that do not know. Chick Goslin is now taking subscriptions for his nightly market letter. If you donate, you get em fast. But everyone can read them online for free. Albeit, he does not publish them till late.

It is good to have Chick writing again.........now I can have an excuse to call him. That is what is great about Chick. He will take a subscriber's question on his private line.

http://intelligentfuturestrading.com/commentaries.html

good to know..seems he is back in business...even the webpage has a new style.

thanks for the info

karla

Hi everyone! I just joined after I discovered that I had a Chick Goslin Trading Day by Day book in storage. I read it through once so it's practically new. If anyone would like to make me an offer please do as I no longer need it. thanks!

While Chick's two books are worthy reads, I prefer chapter 9 of Street Smarts, where Linda Raschke talks about the Anti strategy. (Both Chick's strategy and Linda's use the 3-10-16 indicator.)

The LBR Anti is a Goslin setup when viewed at roughly 1/5th the timescale whereby the TL shifts direction, then the ML presents Contention, then the ML shifts back to Concurrence before Price meaningfully breaches the TL.