Trading cross-overs?

ricmcnfl

I've been working on learning price action (ES/TF/NQ) and have a ways to go.

Did start using trading indicator cross-overs on a range chart and have been doing much better with this aid. The last 3 trading days I went 5/5, 4/6, and 2/4.

The 2 for 4 was eye opening. The 2 lost were before the US market opened. I followed my rules and both trades went a little in my favor and then didn't.

Is there anything I can do to help determine that the strength of the move?

Which sort of crossovers were they? MACD, Stochastics? I would suggest you learn support and resistance and combine it with moving average crossovers.

Last edited:
Thanks, Coffee.

I'm using the Slow Stochastic and do use support and resistance lines - I draw them in.

Will start paying more attention to the support and resistance areas.

Also looking at MacD to see if the histogram/MacD combo will help with eliminating the short trades "triggered" by the Stoch.

Trying to understand all that I see.

Last edited:
I've been working on learning price action (ES/TF/NQ) and have a ways to go.

Did start using trading indicator cross-overs on a range chart and have been doing much better with this aid. The last 3 trading days I went 5/5, 4/6, and 2/4.

The 2 for 4 was eye opening. The 2 lost were before the US market opened. I followed my rules and both trades went a little in my favor and then didn't.

Is there anything I can do to help determine that the strength of the move?
Actually there are some patterns in techanalysis like head&shoulders, etc.which is likely to to give you a clear view on strength of a movement. Just learn them and avoid using heap of indicators..

Gerry,

Good point. Thanks.

I am trying to understand what I see as the day unfolds. It is difficult without knowing what to look for, then once you see it, it is more understandable. (Can't see the forest because of the trees, and can't see the trees because of the forest.)

Will work on looking at patterns and try to incorporate that a bit more as I attempt to develop a winning technique. It is all very intriguing.

Too many indicators are confusing - I stopped in at a teaching trading room and there were quite a few indicators, such that it was hard to see the price action. They had 4 or 5 different set-ups/techniques simultaneously on one chart along with multiple other screens. Made me realize that I had to keep it simple, but that indicators do help.