MA Cross

Dear Eduardo,

The UGT trading pit is a small chatroom moderated by Jea Yu. This chatroom is full of seasoned traders trading a common method theme. In my opinion this is not a place for neophyte traders or even experienced traders without the proper attitude. These are seasoned traders in UGT. Seasoned traders have been broken down so many times by the markets that they are willing to throw out egos yet extremely well schooled in technical analysis with an arsenal of trading experiences to fall back on. These traders are there because they had pretty much exhausted themselves and their resources looking in all the wrong places and found sanctuary in a method that actually works. So this may be a stretch but in my opinion the caveat is that the qualities necessary for success at least in the pit if not overall are for the most part only present in seasoned traders.

You can tell the traders that won't last in the pit. You marvel at their enthusiasm but kind of chuckle because you know what's going to happen. They tend to talk too much, trade too much, and attempt to apply a cookie cutter mentality to the method. Nobody wants to hear take this setup but not this setup when they look identical to the untrained eye. But they're not identical and the losses begin to mount and even on the market calls made by Jea the less experienced traders will find a way to mess it up. So pretty soon these traders drop out and find their way to forums and other chatrooms bad mouthing UGT and anything else that didn't work for them while at the same time passifying themselves with the notion that they're right on the brink of a big breakthru that's going to give themselves consistent riches.

So that said I'd recommend UGT to a fellow trader because the method is solid and it's a first rate outfit. However only if they've acquired adequate experience as well as sufficient knowledge of technical analysis and dropped the neophyte attitudes so that they can actually see the positives of the method while at the same time take abit of a beating in the process. Otherwise it will be a waste of what probably will be a significant sum of money. Here's the Forbes review of the site http://www.forbes.com/bow/b2c/review.jhtml?id=1745 As the review says and you iterated in your first post the lingo is tough and speaking from experience it will take months to get a handle on and if you can't understand the lingo you will be absolutely lost in the pit.

Regards,

Trading Screen

Just a Note,

As not to get the wrong impression from this thread and everything that I've posted I want to post the screens that are directly in front of me when I trade. I'll post these below. I have 6 monitors with 2 directly in front of my face and these are on them. Several questions have been asked about the RZ averages and I will use them in certain circumstances always FX related. I came up with the RZ averages and their use to help deal with the trendiness of FX and at times I'll use these exclusively but rarely will they be directly in front of me. What I've posted below remain in front of me. I wanted to make this clear and in spite of my experimentation with other indicators relative to my method my main method screens remain up and intact.

Regards,

Attachments

• UGT SCRN.jpg
    UGT SCRN.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Thanks Masao:
I know now what UGT stands for. I ordered the book and I hope I undestand the lingo at UGT once Ive finished the book. I relly appreciate you help.
Just of curiosity, do you trade just for yourself as a private investor or do you trade as a money manager or investment strategist for an investment firm?
Reducing risk is going to be very important for me. I am a very risk averse person and that is what I liked about your posted discussion, that you are only willing to lose just a few pips per position.
Thats just one of the few points I understand of your discussion. I hope the book helps me increase my knwledge on how to better understand the charts and hopefully start trading succesfully.
Thanks again
Regards
Eduardo

Dear Eduardo,

Remember to take it slow. Work hard at it and be diligent but take it slow when it comes to trading real money. FX is probably about 15-20% of my trading where most of my trading is done in the equity futures. This method as is isn't really geared towards fx and that's what I attempted to convey in my thread. So the book is great but the direction you pursue as far as your style of trading should point you towards the market best suited for your approach. UGT is primarily geared towards scalping and even though it provides a good foundation the actual method works best on a micro timeframe in equities and equity related products. You'll see what I mean as you progress along. Jea posts all of his trade calls on the site and those are available free to anyone. Check them out, mark them on your charts and learn to see the setups as he sees them.

One thing about my thread here. It wasn't my intention to promote a method. My intention was to have some dialog on my ideas and method with other experienced traders. But unfortunately that hasn't happened and this thread although having benefited me by allowing me to organize my thoughts has gotten to be abit out of hand as far as information goes and could be dangerous to the novice or less experienced. I genuinely feel for new traders and the dilema they are faced with given the lack of good information on trading as well as the lack of specifics most are willing to provide. But at the same time most often I take for granted the fact that it took me a long time to come to know what I now regard as basic knowledge.

So Eduardo perhaps the safest way going forward is to decide what "you" want before hand. Don't be a follower of mentors but use their information and available experiences to fill in the blanks of "your" plan. I trade everyday and I hold my own but I have my own demons that I deal with, and I would guess this of most traders. So we're all in the same boat as it's both a skills challenge and a psychological tightrope each and everyday. Best of luck and I am an individual trader working out of an office on a horse farm in Ohio.

Best Regards,

Micro 3.5 Strike

A 3.5 strike reversal on the 3 minute USDCHF.

Attachments

• 3.5 STRIKE REV.jpg
    3.5 STRIKE REV.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 296
Dear Masao:
Do these charting applications you recommended have a trading capability;or you need to have a trading account with a broker. It would be nice if you could trade from the chart instead of going to another platform. Wouldnt you be more efficient if you could trade right from the chart?
What do you think?
Thanks
Eduardo

Dear Eduardo,

I don't want to say that I'm recommending anything I'm just giving some ideas to those who aren't familiar with any options. There are numerous choices other than what I mentioned and I really only have first hand knowledge of Tradestation of which I've used since '96. As for integrated trading Tradestation does have integrated order placement, I'm not sure about Fibtrader and have no first hand knowledge. The others I'm pretty sure not.

As for being efficient I agree that you want things to be fluid but it probably comes down to personal preference as to how you accomplish this. I tend to shake my configuration up from time to time but generally have my trade platforms on side monitors away from my charting but hot keyed to the keyboard in front of me this forces me to push back abit so my face isn't in the screens I like this perspective abit better as it gives me a more macro feel. I like my setup and have not come across another that I'd prefer for the money. You could try cqg at cqg.com I've heard good things about them as well for integrated order placement. I personally use and like IB in that it's absolutely all electronic from the executions to deposits to withdrawals and my preference is to bang a key rather than click a mouse.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
L..........ong the EUR/USD, OK here we go!

masao said:
, or did the L mean something else? :D

Hi masao,

Still giving valuable advice I see! I've been side tracked for a while....long story....However, I should be able to get back into it now...scalping and scratching those pips out of the market when no one is watching, hehe! I just get so damn envious when these other guys are talking about their 100+ pip winners...When I try for those big winners I mostly end up with 100+ pip losers! I suppose one must "know thyself and rather try and exploit one's strengths instead of becoming something I am not nor ever will be" - credit to Linda Bradford Raschke.

All the best my friend, we will talk soon!

Dear forex1,

Oh I hear you buddy you and me both. Take care.

regards,

P.S. doh, I just got the joke lol. Good one. See ya

Last edited: