Trading Cocktails

Charlton

Experienced member
I've just answered a poll on another thread about longs and shorts and it struck me now that summer is here, how I often do not know what drink to order when I go abroad.

You know how it is when you are standing in a bar in deepest rural France and a load of rough unshaven French farmers are sipping those peculiar green or pink concoctions - you think back to rural Devon and whether they would go down well in the local pub "The Pig and Swill"

I really would like to be able to order some exotic drink and to know what its made of.

Have you any recommendations and recipes ? And if you had to give the drink a trading related or T2W related title, what would it be and why ?

Charlton

the T2W cocktail

Glass of Champagne - knows how to achieve its goal (allegedly), but it will make you pay first

Half a shot of Absinthe - the newbie in the world, green and eager

Dash of Angostura Bitters - The sour for all those who've tried and failed

Half a spoonful of Sugar - The sweet for all the succesful veterans

Last edited:
The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is the best drink in existence, according to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It says that the effect of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

The Guide also tells you on which planets the best Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters are mixed, how much you can expect to pay for one and what voluntary organizations exist to help you rehabilitate afterwards.

The Cocktail Drink

Guys

Thanks for all the recipes to date. I sure can blow my account on those.

For my part I would like to suggest the cocktail that has many different names in different bars. It's been known as a turbotrader, a tradevector and a 7th signal amongst others.

You need a long glass - a very very long glass. Shake up a bottle of tonic water and put plenty into the glass because this drink requires a lot of gas.

Take all the standard spirits off your shelf and take off all the labels. Get hold of some new labels and then find a manual on aeronautical engineering. Close your eyes and stick you finger into the manual at any page and pick the first word off the page. Write this on the first label. If the word is too long shorten it to 3 letters. Repeat for each of the bottles.

Now pour a shot of each into the glass making sure that any onlookers can see the labels and be amazed. If asked tell them it is a secret family recipe that they wouldn't understand.

If they happen to ask questions like "Is there any gin in it ?" explain to them that gin is not a real cocktail ingredient and that you have identified a whole new way of producing the perfect cocktail.

Do not shake this drink. it must be frequently stirred.

Just before pouring throw in some grenadine and bitters and anything to make it look more colourful. Put it into a fancy cocktail glass with one of those coloured umbrellas - in fact anything to hide how basic its ingredients really are.

Charlton

Charlton said:
Guys

Thanks for all the recipes to date. I sure can blow my account on those.

For my part I would like to suggest the cocktail that has many different names in different bars. It's been known as a turbotrader, a tradevector and a 7th signal amongst others.

You need a long glass - a very very long glass. Shake up a bottle of tonic water and put plenty into the glass because this drink requires a lot of gas.

Take all the standard spirits off your shelf and take off all the labels. Get hold of some new labels and then find a manual on aeronautical engineering. Close your eyes and stick you finger into the manual at any page and pick the first word off the page. Write this on the first label. If the word is too long shorten it to 3 letters. Repeat for each of the bottles.

Now pour a shot of each into the glass making sure that any onlookers can see the labels and be amazed. If asked tell them it is a secret family recipe that they wouldn't understand.

If they happen to ask questions like "Is there any gin in it ?" explain to them that gin is not a real cocktail ingredient and that you have identified a whole new way of producing the perfect cocktail.

Do not shake this drink. it must be frequently stirred.

Just before pouring throw in some grenadine and bitters and anything to make it look more colourful. Put it into a fancy cocktail glass with one of those coloured umbrellas - in fact anything to hide how basic its ingredients really are.

Charlton

these are clearly the abridged instructions, as the original ones go on for 46 pages.