TradeStation for auto trading

ectrader24

Hi eveyone,
I am currently using Trading Technologies to trade algorithms on 5 minute series. TT works very well (access to most futures, low latency, good support) but they are expensive. So I am now looking to migrate to auto trade these same startegies on TS (just futures).
I do all my research on TS 2000i, so the programing is not an issue, nor is the cost as I am sure its cheaper than TT.

The questions are:
1) does TS have latency issues when auto trading on 5 minute bars (about 30 trades a day per market)?
2) on another forum (2005), someone seemed to sugest TS has problems with their limit orders...is this still the case?
3) Apart from the obvious chalenges of slipage and latency, are there any other issues particular to the TS platform, that I should contemplate?
Thank you....

fwiw, ive been using ts for over 5 years and have not had any major probs re 1 & 2. never had probs with limit orders

the customer service has gone downhill though

I would stay away from old and no longer supported programs like TS2000i. This program was developed in the mid 1990s and it has not been upgraded since then.

Hi eveyone,
I am currently using Trading Technologies to trade algorithms on 5 minute series. TT works very well (access to most futures, low latency, good support) but they are expensive. So I am now looking to migrate to auto trade these same startegies on TS (just futures).
I do all my research on TS 2000i, so the programing is not an issue, nor is the cost as I am sure its cheaper than TT.

The questions are:
1) does TS have latency issues when auto trading on 5 minute bars (about 30 trades a day per market)?
2) on another forum (2005), someone seemed to sugest TS has problems with their limit orders...is this still the case?
3) Apart from the obvious chalenges of slipage and latency, are there any other issues particular to the TS platform, that I should contemplate?
Thank you....

If you are contemplating using TS as your broker, which these questions suggest then you would be better using the current Tradestation version 8.8.

I have had no problems with the 3 points you raised.

Charlton

Thank you everyone, I will give the latest TS a go with the autotrading startegies that I have. By the way I only use TS2000i for research, I wouldn't dare trade online with it!!!

Since people are talking about autotrading with tradestation, maybe I can ask here. Does tradestation have a "profit target" option or add-on, that sets limits or sells when a certain threshold has been met? I realize setting my own isn't all that big of a deal, but I figure a computer program can be much, much quicker than my brain when dealing with that sort of thing

Of course they do Corbel(y)

Since people are talking about autotrading with tradestation, maybe I can ask here. Does tradestation have a "profit target" option or add-on, that sets limits or sells when a certain threshold has been met? I realize setting my own isn't all that big of a deal, but I figure a computer program can be much, much quicker than my brain when dealing with that sort of thing

Yes

If you are refering to the Legacy, then yes. Do a search to find this online. This has won online trading comps. I use the indicators (from www.trendlogicpro.com) and they work well. But Im not sure of the logic behind their strategies. The momentum indicator is amazingly accurate.
I hope you find what you are looking for.

Last edited:
One more question regarding the Auto trading funactianility available on Trade Station.
Is it posible to program the logic needed to attack the best bid or ask if your price has been hit a number of time but hasnt been filled?

I have been using tradestation for autotrading, but recently their performance is not what I have expected. I am trying to check various options and came across the auto-trade strategy from tradelikepros.com?

Has anyone used them recently? Do you think we should try using them considering their recent performance?

Corbel,

Yes, TS does has profit target exit, in which you can set your amount as target and TS also has trailing exits and stop exits and etc...