Traders University- Can anyone understand the following email?

watching my words for fear of deletion.

I'm not.

Yes I can explain that email. Everything to do with K2A is utter f***ing bullsh1t.

That is all the explanation you need.

If you need it making any clearer, try this:

Take the 5 grand or whatever it is that you were going to pay to Traders University (note, no apostrophe).

Instead of sending it to them, take 1 balloon and wipe your @rse with it. Flush it down the bog.

Take another thousand clams and set fire to it.

Finally, take 500 sheets and go out on a massive f***ing bender.

You'll have enjoyed a good cr@p, you'll have been kept warm, you'll have got p1ssed, you'll still have two and a half large in your pocket, and you'll still be as close to being a profitable trader as any "graduate" of Traders University,

Last edited:
hahaha

I see you have a good sense of humour and it pays to have when you have just shelled out so much for K2A.

Woooooah! Slow down amigo, I ain't no mental midget. They didn't get dollar one of my money.

I mean really, just look at their website. Taking one thing at random:

"state-of-the-art Traders Centre of Excellence TM"

No apostrophe (again), they call their lock-up a "Centre-of-Excellence" (a phrase straight out of the NuLiebour book of third-rate marketing bullsh1t), and to top it all off they go to the trouble of getting it bloody trademarked!

If you read that website and fail to p1ss yourself laughing, you can proudly call yourself "THE MIGHTY IRON-BLADDER"!

No apostrophe (again), they call their lock-up a "Centre-of-Excellence" (a phrase straight out of the NuLiebour book of third-rate marketing bullsh1t),!

Speaking of which doesn't this Secker chap remind you a bit of good old WMD Tony? Just look at some of the pictures of him speaking.

hahaha feel like a mug!

but oh well you live and you learn. I did find some use out of other companies but you do need to do a bit of work yourself.

hahaha feel like a mug!

but oh well you live and you learn. I did find some use out of other companies but you do need to do a bit of work yourself.

In my opinion Secker, and Daren Winters (win investing) take advantage of people thinking that traders can make instant and quick profits that can change their lives. Of course you are right, you can't except temporarily by a fluke. You have to work hard at it, and many successful traders take several years to get there and in the meantime lose a fair amount of money learning to do it effectively. Most people never learn that and retire from trading.

Sadly Secker and Winters imply in the promotion, often using "testamonials" that it is easy to make money.

(n)

They sell the dream not the reality of trading. There are many free or inexpensive way to learn the basics. the problem with testamonials is that if you take sample of 100 students and all did the same trading course 50 of these students will fail, 25 will have little success and still struggle. 20 students will find it difficult to make consistent profit over the time 5 will have great result for the first few months and they post these encouraging testamonials. So if only 5% make money in the short time, why would potential students without any experience pay 5 thousand pound for a 5 % chance to make a little money and probably not make enough to cover the course fee?

You will learn more if you put the money in a trading account and pick one of the free strategies from this forum, sought information about money management and traders' psychology and you get better return on your investment.

I have been in this business for over 10 years and trade full time now. I can say that trading all about self-discovery and what works for you. these "CANNED' expensive course is the wrong way to go Period.

Winters, Secker and the rest are very good marketers I can tell you that.

Yes, they're selling the dream and yes they're telling people what they want to hear.

Wonder if those dreams ever come true.............

They sell the dream not the reality of trading. There are many free or inexpensive way to learn the basics. the problem with testamonials is that if you take sample of 100 students and all did the same trading course 50 of these students will fail, 25 will have little success and still struggle. 20 students will find it difficult to make consistent profit over the time 5 will have great result for the first few months and they post these encouraging testamonials. So if only 5% make money in the short time, why would potential students without any experience pay 5 thousand pound for a 5 % chance to make a little money and probably not make enough to cover the course fee?

You will learn more if you put the money in a trading account and pick one of the free strategies from this forum, sought information about money management and traders' psychology and you get better return on your investment.

I have been in this business for over 10 years and trade full time now. I can say that trading all about self-discovery and what works for you. these "CANNED' expensive course is the wrong way to go Period.

Yep, summed up perfectly.

I think there are only three factors that are important in successful trading. All simple to state yet hard to achieve in practice:

1. your own psychology and mastering it and achieving consistent trading discipline
  2. money management, so that you don't overtrade, but aim to get rich slowly
  3. effective use of stop losses to preserve capital

Now you might ask, where are the trading strategies, and set ups.

Consider this. Suppose your trading strategy was just tossing a coin. On average you would be right 50% of the time and wrong 50% of the time.

If you entered a trade, in either direction, based on this random method, and come what may, closed the position when you had a 2% loss - no ifs or buts or excuses, or procrasination; and if you run your winning trades forever or until they pulled back 2% by means of a trailing stop loss. You would win!

In any trading scenario there can only be 4 possible outcomes:

1. Big losses
  2. Big profits
  3. Small profits
  4. Small losses

The stop loss method described above would avoid big losses. So the outcome would be big profit, small profit, or small loss. My arguement is that the small outcomes up or down, will approximately cancel out over time. You would not suffer major losses, but occasionally you would make some good gains. If you had the discipline to follow this system.

Now this is predicated on just entering the trade on the toss of a coin. Suppose you add the simplest of filters to this system and decided to enter into the trade in the direction of a simple moving average. When the share is rising, ie not chopping around, and has recently moved above its 5 day MA go long and similarly on the short side.

But people want to make things complex and add indicators, fibonacci retracement, Gann levels and angles etc. Maybe they work or maybe the don't. But complex trading strategies distract from the key things to get right and provide the person with excuses why he lost money. They also allow people like Secker and Winters to flog their expensive wares to the those who might be naive, gullible and greedy.

But if you can avoid losing big, then over time you should be making a good and consistent profit.

So my philosophy is. Keep it simple. But work really hard on self psychology, money management and capital preservation.

Winters, Secker and the rest are very good marketers I can tell you that.

Yes, they're selling the dream and yes they're telling people what they want to hear.

Wonder if those dreams ever come true.............

Depends on how you define "very good"!

'Very good' marketers means that, good at marketing/selling.

Trading is just the product, that's not their real business, only a cover for their marketing business. So if they outlawed trading next week these guys would be back in business the following week using the same methods to sell some other product, same crap different merchandise.

'Very good' marketers means that, good at marketing/selling.

Trading is just the product, that's not their real business, only a cover for their marketing business. So if they outlawed trading next week these guys would be back in business the following week using the same methods to sell some other product, same crap different merchandise.

I agree they do not trade as they describe. It is expensive "education"

Anyone remember the original Secker/Winters/Doji Darren?

'Manning' I think was his last name cannot remember his first. He was the American that came over here and started the whole 'I can teach anyone to be rich in trading, just pay £3k for a weekend course and next year you'll be day trading in the sun for a few hours a day'. A free 2-3 hour teaser course etc and big on selling the dream, telling everyone what they want to hear - quit the rat race, create a second income, spend more time with your loved ones etc.

Well, he soon got out of town when the markets imploded around 2000 with a lot of people on his case.

Anyway, the point is this. If you can track him down to the US I bet a large sum of money he's selling something using the same marketing strategies he used in the UK. This is because he's a marketer who was just using trading as his product.

Same with all the others. Have a peek in their office/study and I bet they've got more marketing/selling books on their bookshelf than trading ones.

Anyone remember the original Secker/Winters/Doji Darren?

'Manning' I think was his last name cannot remember his first. He was the American that came over here and started the whole 'I can teach anyone to be rich in trading, just pay £3k for a weekend course and next year you'll be day trading in the sun for a few hours a day'. A free 2-3 hour teaser course etc and big on selling the dream, telling everyone what they want to hear - quit the rat race, create a second income, spend more time with your loved ones etc.

Well, he soon got out of town when the markets imploded around 2000 with a lot of people on his case.

Anyway, the point is this. If you can track him down to the US I bet a large sum of money he's selling something using the same marketing strategies he used in the UK. This is because he's a marketer who was just using trading as his product.

Same with all the others. Have a peek in their office/study and I bet they've got more marketing/selling books on their bookshelf than trading ones.

Yes I suspect the same. Plus plenty of books on trading, so they have access to material that they can represent as new.

I remember Winters saying once that he got all the trading books he could lay his hands on. If you really want to trade, buy some books for about £100 and spend the rest of the time in practicing money management, capital preservation and trading psychology!

Yes I suspect the same. Plus plenty of books on trading, so they have access to material that they can represent as new.

I remember Winters saying once that he got all the trading books he could lay his hands on. If you really want to trade, buy some books for about £100 and spend the rest of the time in practicing money management, capital preservation and trading psychology!

Yeah, I have heard Winters roll out the old story of how he spent a couple of
years reading countless trading books and seeking out top traders to
interview them and learn their secrets :sleep:

Can't believe him and Secker continue to get large sums of money for repackaging
basic trading principles and info that is readily available in books or free on the net.

As mentioned earlier these guys are expert marketers.

Yeah, I have heard Winters roll out the old story of how he spent a couple of
years reading countless trading books and seeking out top traders to
interview them and learn their secrets :sleep:

Can't believe him and Secker continue to get large sums of money for repackaging
basic trading principles and info that is readily available in books or free on the net.

As mentioned earlier these guys are expert marketers.

Again I question the phrase "expert marketers".

If you create an impression in the mind of the average person that you are targetting that trading is easy and that you can make fast profits, is that being expert marketers? Or is it it being economical with the truth?