Traders from Ireland?

I'm from Belfast too. Anyone from the North know of any trading groups or activities? It kinda sucks here... There just aren't the resources here needed for traders.

Newcastle

HI I am in Belfast and would travel all of Ireland to meet up with any traders.

I'm just down the road near Newcastle. I'm really just a beginner but I'm following trades with Simon Grinter. How long have you been trading and are you having success. Would be good to get a group formed in Belfast.

Hi all,

Based in Lisburn and have just begun trading US stocks. Can anyone tell me the best way to transfer money back from the states? I'm with Zecco and they use ACH which seems to require a US bank. Other than that I'm waiting on cheques.

You should ask your bank - probably telegraphic transfer is the way to go. My Irish and UK brokers deal in Irish, UK and US shares and operate my account in all three currencies. They don't need to use a US bank.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd post a thread for any new or experienced traders in Scotland/Ireland(seeing as there are so few of us!). I am based in Glasgow, but have 15 years of trading and am looking for other traders north of the border or Ireland looking to discuss the markets/trends. I am also happy to assist with any advice for new "traders" or guys thinking about testing their skills in this market.

Just reply to this thread or email me on [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Paza

Sorry if this post is off-topic, but I'm currently going through the Trainee Trader recruitment process with Geneva Trading (Dublin). From what I understand the application process is as follows:

1. Submit CV
2. Telephone interview (standard interview format)
3. Interview (with MD, Head of Trading and 2 other Traders) and written exam/assessment [both over a period of 3 hours].
4. Group Assessment Centre and Final interview with MD.
5. Offer, with a Feb/March start.

I've passed Stage 2 and now I'm scheduled to attend Stage 3 Friday week (19/12/08). Has anyone reading been through this process before with GT? What could I expect in the paper exam (e.g. how many questions over how much time, marking schemes, types of questions - sequence, arithmetic, complex etc...) and also in the interview (what kind of questions should I prepare for? Technical, Motivational or general interview questions?).

Thanks in advance,

RT

Dunno mate,

I am based in Dublin also but dont work in finance for a living.

I would be intersted to hear how you get on.

Sorry if this post is off-topic, but I'm currently going through the Trainee Trader recruitment process with Geneva Trading (Dublin). From what I understand the application process is as follows:

1. Submit CV
2. Telephone interview (standard interview format)
3. Interview (with MD, Head of Trading and 2 other Traders) and written exam/assessment [both over a period of 3 hours].
4. Group Assessment Centre and Final interview with MD.
5. Offer, with a Feb/March start.

I've passed Stage 2 and now I'm scheduled to attend Stage 3 Friday week (19/12/08). Has anyone reading been through this process before with GT? What could I expect in the paper exam (e.g. how many questions over how much time, marking schemes, types of questions - sequence, arithmetic, complex etc...) and also in the interview (what kind of questions should I prepare for? Technical, Motivational or general interview questions?).

Thanks in advance,

RT

Hi MO and other irish,
Just joined this site yesterday, i live in cork, been small time share trading for a few yrs but now trying simulator accounts in a few spread betting companies. Hope to learn on the site, great to see some locals! Am interested to see what ye trade and how well its going. I like US indices myself but game for anything more or less

ger

Hi ger, nice to meet you here. We train people in LEFT Brain trading, which is just the Forex market, and we are based in Dublin. If that's an area of interest, we'd love to hear from you!

Good luck with the trading.

Hi niceguy,
thanks for that info, what kind of training does that involve, classes, practicals, etc? Seems to be mostly forex that people on this site trade

paddy here just about living in dublin and a newbe to trading nice to see there is a group of us in ireland shoud try and meet up sometime?

Hi Paddy, good to meet u on the site, would be good to meet up for sure, best of luck trading what stuff are u interested in?

Hi Paddy, good to meet u on the site, would be good to meet up for sure, best of luck trading what stuff are u interested in?

hi xzibit how is it going i am new to trading i work during the day and try to trade in the evening i am interested in spread betting and lately am looking at binary bets i will try and combine both, where are you based

Hey Paddy, am based in charleville, been doing small time share trading for the last few years. Like yourself, spread betting my main interest now, have several simulator accounts with different companies, though i wont trade for real for another while. Have you tried any demo accounts? Forex seems interesting too

Hi there guys,

I was looking for Forex Traders in Dublin, I've recently moved here and haven't got in touch with anyone who trades Forex.

I'm trading with a broker called Tamley Global Markets (Tamley Global Markets | Forex Broker | Currency Trading | Forex Trading). I've been trading with them for about 8 months now. Their spread is only 1 PIP on majors!

Anyway, do you guys (forex traders) do frequent meet ups here in Dublin or anywhere in Ireland?

Take care and happy trading!!

Well, if you are in Dublin, I'm in Dalkey, just on the south side of the city. It would be good to meet up. You may be interested to look at the website or my Youtube channel.

xzibit - sorry I didn't reply sooner. I've been travelling and otherwise busy. The training is either on line or in person. Where is Charleville? I thought it was a cheese.....

:0)