Traders from Ireland?

dc2000 said:
how about answering the questions I put to you CYOF

Dc,

In case you do not know, I am not the owner

If you want any details in relation to how John C Bulldozer distributes his money to his charities, then I suggest that you contact him directly from his website, and I am certain that he will be only too happy to answer any questions that you may have.

I will not speak for someone unless they ask me to do so, and I have stated this many times in the past.

Again, this is a fair comment, so now, on to some FX Views.

Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
CYOF said:
I will only continue this thread if ALL of the names on my list apologise on the "How To Lose Money Thread" to bring all of their chances back to 3.

I can publish this list over on the site if you like.

This is a fair request and should not be that hard for them to do.

I apologise ALL of the time when I make an error, or break the rules.

I have even been banned in the wrong, once, but that does not bother me, and I move on.

Thank You.

CYOF,

There was nothing more annoying at school than when a teacher would punish the entire class for the actions of 1 or 2 pupils, especially when the teacher knew who the disruptive pupils were. I would be annoyed not with the disruptive pupils, as you would think, but instead with the teacher. I would ask myself "Why am I being punished when the teacher knows exactly who is causing trouble and has the power to do something about it!?" :mad:
"Why does the teacher keep giving them chances!!??" :mad:

If my name is on your list, then I sincerely apologise breaking your rules.

There are only 2 main reason for me participating on this site:

1) To Learn as much as I can about Trading
2) To Contribute as much as I can about Trading

punter99 said:
Thanks for the advice CY. I have not found the free Prosticks site yet, I am more interested in daytrading FX(open to change) and am checking out the MBT demo at the moment. Lúidín Mac Lúth is a valuable friend, so it is better to keep his secret ;)
Didn't think I needed the "go" as in: Is mise mall, what do I know? Don't answer :!:

Eddie

Ok Eddie,

Here we go. This is one of my Views on FX, and when you see me mentioning Opinion, this means that I have no Experience with the subject under question.

No matter what method of trading you adopt, let it be Daytrading or Position Trading, certain chart setups will give, what some call an "edge".

To revert to one of the all time greats, whom I still have no name for, only that he is known as P.O.P - the Phantom Of the Pits - it can be very wise to look at chart formations that others are not looking at.

Now, why does this make sense?

Surely P.O.P is wrong?

Surely, it is in our own Best Interests to look at what everyone else is looking at, after all, is not that what all the textbooks tell us - charts work because everyone is looking at them, and they become a self fulfilling prophecy!

But wait, what if P.O.P was really on to something, for his abilities were beyond questioning, from the many events that were described by Art Simpson :idea:

So, maybe if we start looking at charts differently to the others, or maybe, if we decide to be a little creative, for that is what we are, creative beings, then maybe we might just see something that no one else is seeing, and if we see something that no one else is seeing, maybe we will have that so called "Edge" that everyone speaks about.

Is this possible?

Can P.O.P be right, can the man who coined the 2 most important " Golden Rules Of Trading" really be given away a Gem in his Views.

My VIEW is YES.

P.O.P was - or is, for we still do not know he was, or is, and whether he is still alive, or not -giving away one of the biggest Gems in the Trading Game to ALL, but as usual, many fail to see what is presented to them in black and white.

Let us now continue, time permitting, to demonstrate, for the so called "Easy To Trade Trending FX Market" and see how, by looking at DIFFERENT charting techniques, a VIEW can be moulded, that will enable the trader to place some low risk trading opportunities, when the opportunities present themselves.

Before I continue, I am going to ask Eddie, and those that are interested in MY VIEW, to pose some questions in relation to the TRUTHFUL information I have posted.

If you have not read the Phantom Of The Pits e-book, then I will upload for reading prior to posting the questions, as this may give a better foundation and understanding of what MY VIEW is, and how I came to mould that view.

Thank You.

new_trader said:
CYOF,

There was nothing more annoying at school than when a teacher would punish the entire class for the actions of 1 or 2 pupils, especially when the teacher knew who the disruptive pupils were. I would be annoyed not with the disruptive pupils, as you would think, but instead with the teacher. I would ask myself "Why am I being punished when the teacher knows exactly who is causing trouble and has the power to do something about it!?" :mad:
"Why does the teacher keep giving them chances!!??" :mad:

If my name is on your list, then I sincerely apologise breaking your rules.

There are only 2 main reason for me participating on this site:

1) To Learn as much as I can about Trading
2) To Contribute as much as I can about Trading

Nt,

You have the correct mind set, and all you my be lacking is some Views.

I agree with your post Totally.

I have NO powers to dismiss or ban the the constant detractors, and those that continue to be a nuisance and posting non trading related images.

In the past I was banned for using CAPITALS. :eek:

It appears that using CAPITALS is more serious to what the others are doing :?:

So, I think you are right NT.

We will insist that the detractors are banned from the "How to Lose Money Trading" thread before we resume, that way we will be able to continue without interruption.

Jon, please ban the usual suspects from the How to Lose Money Trading" thread so that we may resume - I can provide you with the list of names if you need same.

Thank You.

Eurusd

Ok Eddie,

I will start the ball rolling, so as to speak.

We are going to look at some EURUSD FX Daily Charts for today.

I will start with Chart No.1, and then continue with 3 additional charts, the last one been taken Live.

this will give us a total of 4 charts to review.

Please examine these charts in relation to the standard Daily Candle or Bar chart.

Chart No.1 to follow.

Chart No.1

Chart No.1 was taken on Thu 22Feb07@ 08:47 GMT

We are observing what is called a ProSticks Chart, which is set to display a Daily ProStick for approximately 2 months of data.

The purpose of the chart is to identify a low risk trading opportunity using the current Daily Prostick, and to determine the potential profit /loss from a long or short trade, from the previous 2 monthly Daily Prosticks.

Note: the potential profit /loss, or expected profit / loss, will be different per trader, and will depend on many things such as available capital, risk tolerance and key levels.

We will now continue and add the other charts.

Each person can put forward their own View, or Opinion, but please state whether it is a View or Opinion that you have, and then we can look at the corresponding standard charts and see what the difference will be using them with the same profiles.

What you will end up with, will be dependant on many things, but the Fact remains, that all will be looking at the same charts to form their Views or Opinions.

Last edited:
Save A Newbie

CYOF

You should emphasise that you are not an experienced or profitable trader and that you are only discussing opinions. You must remember you are writing to many inexperienced newbies like yourself.

Last edited:
Now, I can post all 4 charts, but that will do you all an injustice.

Let me think about this for a moment - I need to see if I still have my Metatrader software set up - I may need to update it.

Thank You.

neil said:
CYOF

You should emphasise that you are not an experienced or profitable trader and that you are only discussing opinions. You must remember you are writing to many inexperienced newbies like yourself.

This is a thread for Irish Traders - but you can partake if you like.

I am giving MY VIEW - go back and read the rules if you want to participate, or else you can toodle pip as well. :cheesy:

Now, we have a problem, as I did not have time to think this out for to gain value from the excercise.

I should have taken screenshots of the Daily Candles as well, at the same time as the Daily ProSticks.

One bit of advice - do not believe what anyone around here writes, even me.

You see, I have admitted to them ALL, that I know absolutely nothing about anything, but the Fact is, I really believe this.

On the other hand, you will have ALL the experts arriving and offering you advice, beware CYOF, he is a self proclaimed non profitable trader, well, all I say to them is:

Ha......Ha......Ha

Let the Facts speak for themselves.

Go over and look at the few trades I done in the Buy & Sell thread that I started last week - a live running commentary - even with the 60 second wait on re-posting - look at the results and follow each post in succession noting the time stamp.

Ha......Ha......Ha

Professional trades me backside.

The only thing they can trade is Monopoly - and they hate to be shown up.

Just watch the FX crowd going mad - for they are totally clueless, really.

Last edited:
Let me know if you want to continue this exercise.fellow Irish Traders - for I have long gone past the days of posting for the sake of posting.

I may have to vacate this site for a while, as I think we have some serious bizziness coming up.

Slainte,

CYOF said:
Let me know if you want to continue this exercise.fellow Irish Traders - for I have long gone past the days of posting for the sake of posting.

I may have to vacate this site for a while, as I think we have some serious bizziness coming up.

Slainte,
CY, thanks for your input. I am happy to be responsible for whatever I take from this forum. I appreciate your efforts in helping others to be successful. I understand the reservations of others, however we are all adults here and must use our judgment on the opinions and views of posters.
I have begun reading "Phantom of the Pits" and find it fascinating thus far. I may move on to Sun Tzu's The Art of War. As you can imagine, I am going to be busy for a few days. By all means continue with the charts, although my input will be limited, until my reading homework is finished.

Slán leat
Eddie

punter99 said:
CY, thanks for your input. I am happy to be responsible for whatever I take from this forum. I appreciate your efforts in helping others to be successful. I understand the reservations of others, however we are all adults here and must use our judgment on the opinions and views of posters.
I have begun reading "Phantom of the Pits" and find it fascinating thus far. I may move on to Sun Tzu's The Art of War. As you can imagine, I am going to be busy for a few days. By all means continue with the charts, although my input will be limited, until my reading homework is finished.

Slán leat
Eddie

At least you have the laithroidi to think for yourself.

Remember this - no one can help anyone else unless they first help themselves :idea:

Stop and think about what is happening - and it should become very clear, if not, then you need to re-think everything until it does. :idea:

Everything is as complicated, or as simple, as you make it yourself. :idea:

Slainte,

PS: Note what I said in post 111 above :idea:

CYOF said:
At least you have the laithroidi to think for yourself.

Remember this - no one can help anyone else unless they first help themselves :idea:

Stop and think about what is happening - and it should become very clear, if not, then you need to re-think everything until it does. :idea:

Everything is as complicated, or as simple, as you make it yourself. :idea:

Slainte,

PS: Note what I said in post 111 above :idea:
CY,
I have not been on here for awhile as I somehow got sidetracked onto Forexfactory and then became immersed in the 4 Hour Strategy. I recommend it to anyone who is in search of a strategy, that if adhered to, has reasonable prospects of success.
Eddie
ps Newmill for a repeat at Cheltenham tomorrow

CYOF said:
Well Ed,

I don't back horses - that is gambling with money :)

CY, next you will tell me that trading with money is not gambling :LOL:
Newmill did not win, but I got the placepot, my biggest win in years :D
Eddie