Traders from Ireland?

pcasey

1 0
Dunno mate,

I am based in Dublin also but dont work in finance for a living.

I would be intersted to hear how you get on.

Sorry if this post is off-topic, but I'm currently going through the Trainee Trader recruitment process with Geneva Trading (Dublin). From what I understand the application process is as follows:

1. Submit CV
2. Telephone interview (standard interview format)
3. Interview (with MD, Head of Trading and 2 other Traders) and written exam/assessment [both over a period of 3 hours].
4. Group Assessment Centre and Final interview with MD.
5. Offer, with a Feb/March start.

I've passed Stage 2 and now I'm scheduled to attend Stage 3 Friday week (19/12/08). Has anyone reading been through this process before with GT? What could I expect in the paper exam (e.g. how many questions over how much time, marking schemes, types of questions - sequence, arithmetic, complex etc...) and also in the interview (what kind of questions should I prepare for? Technical, Motivational or general interview questions?).

Thanks in advance,

RT

xzibit

7 0
Hi MO and other irish,
Just joined this site yesterday, i live in cork, been small time share trading for a few yrs but now trying simulator accounts in a few spread betting companies. Hope to learn on the site, great to see some locals! Am interested to see what ye trade and how well its going. I like US indices myself but game for anything more or less

ger

niceguy777

95 2
Hi ger, nice to meet you here. We train people in LEFT Brain trading, which is just the Forex market, and we are based in Dublin. If that's an area of interest, we'd love to hear from you!

Good luck with the trading.

xzibit

7 0
Hi niceguy,
thanks for that info, what kind of training does that involve, classes, practicals, etc? Seems to be mostly forex that people on this site trade

pjtuite

3 0
paddy here just about living in dublin and a newbe to trading nice to see there is a group of us in ireland shoud try and meet up sometime?

xzibit

7 0
Hi Paddy, good to meet u on the site, would be good to meet up for sure, best of luck trading what stuff are u interested in?

pjtuite

3 0
Hi Paddy, good to meet u on the site, would be good to meet up for sure, best of luck trading what stuff are u interested in?

hi xzibit how is it going i am new to trading i work during the day and try to trade in the evening i am interested in spread betting and lately am looking at binary bets i will try and combine both, where are you based

xzibit

7 0
Hey Paddy, am based in charleville, been doing small time share trading for the last few years. Like yourself, spread betting my main interest now, have several simulator accounts with different companies, though i wont trade for real for another while. Have you tried any demo accounts? Forex seems interesting too

fxdubliner

2 0
Hi there guys,

I was looking for Forex Traders in Dublin, I've recently moved here and haven't got in touch with anyone who trades Forex.

I'm trading with a broker called Tamley Global Markets (Tamley Global Markets | Forex Broker | Currency Trading | Forex Trading). I've been trading with them for about 8 months now. Their spread is only 1 PIP on majors!

Anyway, do you guys (forex traders) do frequent meet ups here in Dublin or anywhere in Ireland?

Take care and happy trading!!

niceguy777

95 2
Well, if you are in Dublin, I'm in Dalkey, just on the south side of the city. It would be good to meet up. You may be interested to look at the website or my Youtube channel.

xzibit - sorry I didn't reply sooner. I've been travelling and otherwise busy. The training is either on line or in person. Where is Charleville? I thought it was a cheese.....

:0)

newyork1

20 0
Any traders from Dublin would like to meet up that would be great. PM me and we can organise something soon..

Rob

niceguy777

95 2
Hellooooooooooooooooooooo. I think I have mentioned several times that I live in Dalkey. I'd love to talk to you guys. PM me, if you feel so inclined!

Sharehunter-IRL

2 0
Just introducing myself.
Based in Navan and trading at home since mid December.
Trading banks until 3 weeks ago (so now you know I have a sense of humour) and am now just waiting for Petroceltic to strike oil.

Look forward to contributing here - if I can .

Regards
Niall.

niceguy777

95 2
Just introducing myself.
Based in Navan and trading at home since mid December.
Trading banks until 3 weeks ago (so now you know I have a sense of humour) and am now just waiting for Petroceltic to strike oil.

Look forward to contributing here - if I can .

Regards
Niall.

Nice to meet you Niall. I am hoping to meet up with a couple of people here in Dublin soon. Do you ever come over this way?

I'd like to introduce LBT to traders here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock