Traders from Ireland?

Thanks for info Niall, & hi Pilotpat.

AIB charged me €20 to wire transfer to include the reference line, beneficiaries address, etc, otherwise it would have been 75c. Seems a big difference for such a few characters, especially considering it cuts down on errors/ hunting time for all concerned.

Anyway enjoy your w/end...

Trading irish shares

I can trade Irish shares and want to trade them, but i cannot find a proper website with bar charts (end of day is fine) of Irish shares.

Can anyone help?

-Trader2Win

Trader2Win said:
I can trade Irish shares and want to trade them, but i cannot find a proper website with bar charts (end of day is fine) of Irish shares.

Can anyone help?

-Trader2Win

HI ALL

I am from Dublin and trade in UK stocks....mainly oil and mining shares..Do you guys have msn messenger ..could be a good way for us to share any tips and advice..what do u think

Hello All,
Giuseppe here trading US stocks and index funds from Dublin.
Let me know if you want to network.
Cheers
G.

bosra said:
HI ALL

I am from Dublin and trade in UK stocks....mainly oil and mining shares..Do you guys have msn messenger ..could be a good way for us to share any tips and advice..what do u think

Hi Bosra,

I think you can try MetaTrader, a free software,
you can download it fromhttp://www.metaquotes.net/downloads/

It allow you to import a data file, and show candle or bar chart with lots of indicators

It support *.csv, *.prn, *.txt format

ForexMelody said:
Hi Bosra,

I think you can try MetaTrader, a free software,
you can download it fromhttp://www.metaquotes.net/downloads/

It allow you to import a data file, and show candle or bar chart with lots of indicators

It support *.csv, *.prn, *.txt format

but you have to get the history data yourself with OCHL and volume

Dia is Mhuire Duit,

LouDean has asked me to tell you all on our lovely Green shores to beware the monkeys at all costs :idea:

Slainte,

Niall said:
Any other traders from Ireland here? I know we are a rare breed but you never can tell...

Galway here and trade US stocks

Good on you Niall, we are indeed a rare breed, and that is a good thing, a very good thing, for you will soon see that we know much more than the majority, for the majority think they know everything, when in fact, we know, that we know nothing about anything :idea:

US stocks are good - have you read my Quasimodo story, for none of them believe me when I tell them that I have a little magical friend called LouDean Mock Lou, please note that I had to spell the name in English for others to be able to pronounce, as not too many are able to read Irish here.

Slainte

As you are all fellow Irishmen, I think, I feel compelled to share some thoughts with you.

What you do is of course your own choice, and you will find that you will be pointed in several directions by many members.

But, be warned, many members are what is termed Inspired.

They are Inspired by Textbooks and Academic Nonsensical rubbish - and it can be clearly seen if you read their posts thoroughly.

I tell you this for your own good, and I will again re-iterate that the majority of contributors will be speaking form the Inspired viewpoint, and not form the Art of Trading viewpoint.

This will make a big difference to you, especially if you are new to trading, so I have warned you of the dangers, but the choice is yours and no one else - for we must all Think for ourselves and not let anyone else Try and do our thinking for us - as it is not possible for them to do so, although many here Actually think that they can Think for others. :eek:

Keep your eyes open for The Pot Of Gold, and remember that the rainbow has a bright end and a not so bright end - if in doubt you can always try and call another Leprechaun using the magic mushroom communication device, but I think that LouDean Mock Lou has kept that little secret for himself, so the other little fellows may not be able to be contacted.

Good trading - and there is no such thing as luck - and if you feel like telling me to get lost, then please do feel free to do so, as everyone else here does, but then again, that is why they will always be a part of the 95% majority, for they do not realise that they must Think for themselves, and when ever anyone tells them so, they can't handle it, for the majority here wan't to be shown how to trade for consistent profits, not learn how to Think for themselves. :eek:

Slainte,

Trader2Win said:

Can anyone help?

-Trader2Win

I created mine in Java with data aggregated differently, eg. 3-day bars, or 1 hour... :D

CYOF said:
As you are all fellow Irishmen, I think, I feel compelled to share some thoughts with you.
Very Good post, and inspiring... but where are the advices? :cheesy:

CYOF said:
What you do is of course your own choice, and you will find that you will be pointed in several directions by many members.
But, be warned, many members are what is termed Inspired.
They are Inspired by Textbooks and Academic Nonsensical rubbish - and it can be clearly seen if you read their posts thoroughly.
This is true, but not all. I have created my own technical indicators and studied the last 20 years of Nasdaq Composite and SP&500 maybe, 100 times (day-by-day).
I have even written also my charting and screening (integrated) sofware in Java. I consider myself fortunate enough I studied sw engineering and not finance, because my brain could have got hurt... :(

CYOF said:
Keep your eyes open for The Pot Of Gold, and remember that the rainbow has a bright end and a not so bright end - if in doubt you can always try and call another Leprechaun using the magic mushroom communication device, but I think that LouDean Mock Lou has kept that little secret for himself, so the other little fellows may not be able to be contacted.
I agree with this though and I would probably re-inforce it by saying that successful trading is a learnable skill. The only problem is: how much effort you have to put into it? Think about a business: how much effort you have to put into it to be successful? In average you will try multiple times and fail 3.2 times before you get it right. And when you get it right, you can be the usuccessful 90% of business who will not be alive in 5 years...
Start seeing the challenge? Then consider your trading like a business... more chances to be successful.

CYOF said:
Good trading - and there is no such thing as luck - and ... but then again, that is why they will always be a part of the 95% majority, for they do not realise that they must Think for themselves, and when ever anyone tells them so, they can't handle it, for the majority here wan't to be shown how to trade for consistent profits, not learn how to Think for themselves. :eek:

Could not be said better, think of yourself, create your methods and personal view of the market. Go against the people if you observed a pattern. Be brave. For instance, who believes to the small rally the US markets put up yesterday?

My 2 cents

Yes P,

I will call you P for short :LOL:

You see P, I came to this site with similar ideas to you, and like you, I too have put many many hours, and much much money, into learning how to trade CORRECTLY.

But, there was one thing that I failed to understand, and it was only by reading Socrates posts, in detail, that I discovered this thing.

Learning how to trade CORRECTLY is of no use what so ever, what you must do is learn how to trade for CONSISTENT PROFITS.

Anyway, there are a couple of good traders here, not too many mind you, so do not expect to get much from this site.

I always speak what is on my mind, I have been banned twice, once in error, the second time by my own decision - which a mod them made it look like he banned me - as a protest at how the mods are backing up the monkeys all the time, and will not ban them when they break the so called rules.

So, trade for consistent profits, not for to learn the correct way to trade :idea:

We are miles ahead of them all here, miles ahead, and we intend to keep it that way by not allowing any monkeys contaminate us - for they are a clever little hairy bunch, and they have some clever ways of looking for peeled bananas :LOL:

Trader2Win, not only have you picked a bad name, but why the hell are you trying to trade Irish stocks.

Do you not know that there are more monkeys over in the Irish Stock Exchange than there are here.

No retail trader would dream of trading with those monkeys, for they fix everything.

They have a Little Circle over there that is cosier than Berties Bathroom, and they have fooled all the Irish punters to putting their hard earned money with the so called professional pension fund managers - PIPS and PEPS, they should be called PILLS and PODS :LOL:

Good trading - for profits that is, not for trading correctly :idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
bosra said:
HI ALL

My MSN name is [email protected], but during the day I work (still :cry: ).
Cheers
G.

counter_violent said:
Priceless...very funny ....that will be your yahoo messenger name then :LOL:

But he is very funny, you just wait and see Mister cv :cheesy:

Oh, I forgot, wait until you see his IP :cheesy:

CYOF said:
Yes P,
I will call you P for short :LOL:
You see P, I came to this site with similar ideas to you, and like you, I too have put many many hours, and much much money, into learning how to trade CORRECTLY.
Hey CYOF, you can call me how yuo want. I am not here with my ego or to be recognized, I am here to win.

CYOF said:
Learning how to trade CORRECTLY is of no use what so ever, what you must do is learn how to trade for CONSISTENT PROFITS.
I agree, but as a step to get to consistent profits is to learn how to trade correctly. If you lose but you followed your plan you traded correctly. To get consistent profits you need to have a lot of experience, keep studying, and constantly removing the bad trades. I am not yet there, but there is something inside me which says that, if I want, I will get there.

CYOF said:
Anyway, there are a couple of good traders here, not too many mind you, so do not expect to get much from this site.
I would like to know who. I am opened and able to listen (70% listening, 30% talking). I left my ego at home, I learn and improve faster than a Japanes and Chinese. I would like to know who I need to turn to.

CYOF said:
So, trade for consistent profits, not for to learn the correct way to trade :idea:
My objective is to get there were one of the Market Wizards is: to get profits only when the money lays in the corner and what you have to do is to collect it. Is this trading consistently?

CYOF said:
We are miles ahead of them all here, miles ahead, and we intend to keep it that way by not allowing any monkeys contaminate us - for they are a clever little hairy bunch, and they have some clever ways of looking for peeled bananas :LOL:
I hope I am, but I feel I still need to improve a lot of things. But I have got a few concepts and ideas, and a perception of the market which makes me much more realistic and right, compared to before. But I know I need to put into it a wealth of work, still.
I am not afraid... I need my time back, that is the only issue.

CYOF said:
Trader2Win, not only have you picked a bad name, but why the hell are you trying to trade Irish stocks.
Do you not know that there are more monkeys over in the Irish Stock Exchange than there are here.
I don't think that the name is, absolutley, wrong. It is a good proposition (besides the site "copyrights" :-0; But regarding the Irish stock exchange: it is so small. I don't know it, but what volumes can we have there? And yes, I believe it is easy to manipulate. Why risk?
This is why I love the US markets. So many participants with different timeframe, objectives, understanding, views... it is much better. Abandon the Irish market, ... my suggestion is that you are not nationalist, and leave your hearth at home when trading (I am writing this, but I don't know the real reasons you trade the Irish market, hope I am not being offensive).
I just don't see any good reason to trade the Irish market.

CYOF said:
No retail trader would dream of trading with those monkeys, for they fix everything.
No problem in believing it.

CYOF said:
Good trading - for profits that is, not for trading correctly :idea:
Hope we will get there, any help? :rolleyes:
eh ehe heh :LOL:
Cheers
P

CYOF said:
But he is very funny, you just wait and see Mister cv :cheesy:

Oh, I forgot, wait until you see his IP :cheesy:

I don't understand what you both mean but you can use this address with MSN...
Enlight me... :idea: