Traders from Ireland?

peppebas said:
Hey CYOF, you can call me how yuo want. I am not here with my ego or to be recognized, I am here to win.

I agree, but as a step to get to consistent profits is to learn how to trade correctly. If you lose but you followed your plan you traded correctly. To get consistent profits you need to have a lot of experience, keep studying, and constantly removing the bad trades. I am not yet there, but there is something inside me which says that, if I want, I will get there.

I would like to know who. I am opened and able to listen (70% listening, 30% talking). I left my ego at home, I learn and improve faster than a Japanes and Chinese. I would like to know who I need to turn to.

My objective is to get there were one of the Market Wizards is: to get profits only when the money lays in the corner and what you have to do is to collect it. Is this trading consistently?

I hope I am, but I feel I still need to improve a lot of things. But I have got a few concepts and ideas, and a perception of the market which makes me much more realistic and right, compared to before. But I know I need to put into it a wealth of work, still.
I am not afraid... I need my time back, that is the only issue.

I don't think that the name is, absolutley, wrong. It is a good proposition (besides the site "copyrights" :-0; But regarding the Irish stock exchange: it is so small. I don't know it, but what volumes can we have there? And yes, I believe it is easy to manipulate. Why risk?
This is why I love the US markets. So many participants with different timeframe, objectives, understanding, views... it is much better. Abandon the Irish market, ... my suggestion is that you are not nationalist, and leave your hearth at home when trading (I am writing this, but I don't know the real reasons you trade the Irish market, hope I am not being offensive).
I just don't see any good reason to trade the Irish market.

No problem in believing it.

Hope we will get there, any help? :rolleyes:
eh ehe heh :LOL:
Cheers
P

P,

You see, you will find that when a new member suddenly arrives, it is sometimes an old member in disguise.

Some monkeys do this for a reason :idea:

The Real reasons are known to a few of us, and we know how to handle them.

In order to be not contaminated by the monkeys, you must learn to read posts correctly, and by reading correctly, you will discover what is called TRUTHS.

TRUTHS are no more than FACTUAL information -but there is the important bit, it must be FACTUAL information in relation to the best possible desired outcome from the subject matter under discussion.

To put it plainly - the 95% monkeys will continue to look for bananas, and the very small %, which is no way near 5% on T2W, will feed the monkeys bananas, but in the middle of the bananas there are some real Gems, but the monkeys been monkeys, just eat the bananas, and sometimes they even eat them without peeling them :eek:

Slainte,

CYOF,
I think it is you that I have to thank for pointing me in the direction of The Master Key on another thread. I must say that I have found it very enlightening.
A few years ago I did some spreadbetting on indices, but stopped when I realised that I was winning through luck rather than skill. In the interim I have bought and sold some tech shares, to my cost. Now, I fancy having a go at short term FX trading, but am wary of using any hard earned until I have a defined strategy. Still unsure about Worldspreads/ CapitalSpreads or direct access. Problem is, I don't intend risking more than €5000 in the adventure. Any advice will be gratefully accepted.
Eddie

CYOF said:
P,

You see, you will find that when a new member suddenly arrives, it is sometimes an old member in disguise.

Some monkeys do this for a reason :idea:

The Real reasons are known to a few of us, and we know how to handle them.

In order to be not contaminated by the monkeys, you must learn to read posts correctly, and by reading correctly, you will discover what is called TRUTHS.

TRUTHS are no more than FACTUAL information -but there is the important bit, it must be FACTUAL information in relation to the best possible desired outcome from the subject matter under discussion.

To put it plainly - the 95% monkeys will continue to look for bananas, and the very small %, which is no way near 5% on T2W, will feed the monkeys bananas, but in the middle of the bananas there are some real Gems, but the monkeys been monkeys, just eat the bananas, and sometimes they even eat them without peeling them :eek:

Slainte,
Yes, quite so.

I have forgotten how many times I have planted a little gem hidden in a banana snack.

What happens next is that there is a lot of squabbling about the snack......the snack itself.

Then the snack is misidentified and wiped...along with the little gem hidden inside it.

This is because the little gem is not recognised at the time for what it really is, except to really savvy members, who then heave a sigh of relief to see it is misidentified for nothing of more vallue than a pebble....:cool:

That is why I never complain when one of my posts is deleted.

Invariably posts of mine which are deleted are precisely those that have the odd little gem embedded in them in advance and in expectation of the event...:cheesy:

What happens is that the act of deletion is less valuable than the removal of the gem..:cool:

Then those who don't know just think a deletion is a deletion....whereas those who know...know otherwise...:cool: ...hilariously funny it is....like a comedy scripted in code....for only a select few to enjoy.

This is not teasing...it is a fact.

The pledge, the turn, and the prestige

CYOF said:
Yes P,

I will call you P for short :LOL:

You see P, I came to this site with similar ideas to you, and like you, I too have put many many hours, and much much money, into learning how to trade CORRECTLY.

But, there was one thing that I failed to understand, and it was only by reading Socrates posts, in detail, that I discovered this thing.

Learning how to trade CORRECTLY is of no use what so ever, what you must do is learn how to trade for CONSISTENT PROFITS.

Most of the monkeys on this site are nothing but Inspired, and I take it that you know who the usual suspects are at this point in time.

The think us Paddys are thick, when in Fact it is the other way round, the monkeys are thick, and all they do is look for bananas.

Anyway, there are a couple of good traders here, not too many mind you, so do not expect to get much from this site.

I always speak what is on my mind, I have been banned twice, once in error, the second time by my own decision - which a mod them made it look like he banned me - as a protest at how the mods are backing up the monkeys all the time, and will not ban them when they break the so called rules.

So, trade for consistent profits, not for to learn the correct way to trade :idea:

We are miles ahead of them all here, miles ahead, and we intend to keep it that way by not allowing any monkeys contaminate us - for they are a clever little hairy bunch, and they have some clever ways of looking for peeled bananas :LOL:

Trader2Win, not only have you picked a bad name, but why the hell are you trying to trade Irish stocks.

Do you not know that there are more monkeys over in the Irish Stock Exchange than there are here.

No retail trader would dream of trading with those monkeys, for they fix everything.

They have a Little Circle over there that is cosier than Berties Bathroom, and they have fooled all the Irish punters to putting their hard earned money with the so called professional pension fund managers - PIPS and PEPS, they should be called PILLS and PODS :LOL:

Good trading - for profits that is, not for trading correctly :idea:

OK, so the Fixers run the Irish market. How is it possible to move in their shadow when they reveal at the 'turn'? Is it possible to move in their shadow?

My dear friends, as Socrates has mentioned many times, we are not here to teach anyone, we are here to observe why so many remain within the realms of the 95% :eek:

Do not expect to ask and receive an answer to your questions, for the answer to all questions lie within, not without.

I will, however, seen as you are fellow Irishmen, post the ION dialogue again for to show how so many who talk about trading on this site are nothing but Inspired.

Academic textbooks and nonsensical rubbish will be your greatest obstacle - your ability to see through this dense fog will be in direct proportion to your level of awareness and understanding of Factual information - no more, no less :idea:

Slainte

CYOF said:
My dear friends, as Socrates has mentioned many times, we are not here to teach anyone, we are here to observe why so many remain within the realms of the 95% :eek:

Do not expect to ask and receive an answer to your questions, for the answer to all questions lie within, not without.

I will, however, seen as you are fellow Irishmen, post the ION dialogue again for to show how so many who talk about trading on this site are nothing but Inspired.

Academic textbooks and nonsensical rubbish will be your greatest obstacle - your ability to see through this dense fog will be in direct proportion to your level of awareness and understanding of Factual information - no more, no less :idea:

Slainte

Hello CYOF,
I start understanding the way you play it here. As I am used to give my messages in a direct way and very attentive to the results, it sounds very strange to me the code used here. But if it can help me to widen my understanding, I will be happy to comply. First of all, thanks a lot for the list you linked in the previous message. I hope I will not be boring for these people as I may result boring for you sometimes.
I also hope I am not, or at least I will not be what you call a monkey for so much time.

As I told you before I want to move and improve my trading and try to bring it to the next level. To obtain this objective, these are the initial step I intend to do:
- identify the set of tools I need (I want to leave my java-based approach, or use it only for specific activities, eg. screens);
- start focusing on different instruments where I want to port my proprietary indicator (e.g. futures)
- keep improving the rules of my trend following system (one pattern at time)
- automate calculation of risk/return and stop loss for my long/short stocks position.
- "industrialize" my personal journal and enforce measures on it.

There and will be more to this list and in the next days/weeks I want to have a complete prioritized list and a plan to proceed with.
Any insights or advices on the first point?
I would like to have a tool which allows charting and coding a system and my proprietary indicators. I would also like to do some simulations. I have been reviewing Ninja Trader, but it seems a little limited to me (for day trading simulations).

Any ideas on other tools I should review, besides Tradestation, which the one I currently lean towards to?

Any help, greatly appreciated. :idea:

Thank you.
With my respect,,,
P

P,

You must do what you think is best for you :idea:

I will take you at face value - and if you are a monkey in disguise, it will not matter, for nothing can be changed anyway, the Immutable Laws you see :idea:

Do not be afraid to read and question, and don't be afraid to think that others may know a lot more than you, for in reality, they do, but you must find the ones who know a lot more about what it is you are trying to achieve, not what it is they are trying to achieve :idea:

There was a very good post put up by rols some time ago, I will try and find it tomorrow for you and post it.

The choice is yours - always has been - and always will be :idea:

CYOF, I can only assume that you continue to struggle in your trading and have succumbed to the self importance of Socrates and his ilk.
Ochón ochón

CYOF said:
P,

You must do what you think is best for you :idea:

I will take you at face value - and if you are a monkey in disguise, it will not matter, for nothing can be changed anyway, the Immutable Laws you see :idea:

Do not be afraid to read and question, and don't be afraid to think that others may know a lot more than you, for in reality, they do, but you must find the ones who know a lot more about what it is you are trying to achieve, not what it is they are trying to achieve :idea:

There was a very good post put up by rols some time ago, I will try and find it tomorrow for you and post it.

The choice is yours - always has been - and always will be :idea:

Thank you CYOF for your time and understanding. As I told you, my ego is not a show stopper for me. I will try to put up good questions which may serve others looking for same outcomes. If this can be of help, here is what Jason (WilyTrader) wrote me about the tools:

"I've only used TradeStation for their charting package and was quite impressed with their functionality. You can program to your heart's content...it really is a first class charting program. I've heard great things about eSignal too but have never used them so can't speak about their fees & functionality. For e-mini & Stock coverage, the data feeds come to be about $35/month plus another $100/month for the charting platform itself (the charting platform is waived if you open a brokerage account with them and trade a minimum of 10 round trip futures contracts with them each month)"

Have a nice evening.
Regards,,,
Giuseppe

punter99 said:
CYOF, I can only assume that you continue to struggle in your trading and have succumbed to the self importance of Socrates and his ilk.
Ochón ochón - sadness and loss

I can assure my good punter, that I am not sad at all, far from it Actually, and the loss is all yours, not mine ;)

peppebas said:
Thank you CYOF for your time and understanding. As I told you, my ego is not a show stopper for me. I will try to put up good questions which may serve others looking for same outcomes. If this can be of help, here is what Jason (WilyTrader) wrote me about the tools:

"I've only used TradeStation for their charting package and was quite impressed with their functionality. You can program to your heart's content...it really is a first class charting program. I've heard great things about eSignal too but have never used them so can't speak about their fees & functionality. For e-mini & Stock coverage, the data feeds come to be about $35/month plus another $100/month for the charting platform itself (the charting platform is waived if you open a brokerage account with them and trade a minimum of 10 round trip futures contracts with them each month)"

Have a nice evening.
Regards,,,
Giuseppe

P.

I have never heard of WileyTrader, but that is not unusual, as I know nothing about anything.

As for your approach, that is entirely your own decision.

Remember, time is money, and timing is even more important than time itself in order to make money consistently:idea:

Slainte,

CYOF said:
I can assure my good punter, that I am not sad at all, far from it Actually, and the loss is all yours, not mine ;)

CYOF, you misunderstand. Ochón, ochón was an expression of my disappointment at your change of approach to posting on this site. Time was, when you contributed at length to threads in a way that clearly was intended to assist others, as well as yourself. Now, alas, you seem seduced by the pompous and condescending ramblings of Socrates.
Here are a few quotes from you as recently as November and December '06 that illustrate your former attitude.

"I always keep an open mind and also realise that there is always someone out there that knows a lot more than me.

I am not, nor do I profess to be an expert at anything, but I do like to think that what I do (as in the form of posts) may be of some benefit to a few people at least

In other words, I truly believe that I can become a consistent profitable trader, but I am also very much aware that it is not an easy thing to do.
Will I be able to do it?
Yes, I am certain that I will, but what I am not certain of is at what stage I will be able to do it."

Good luck in your trading, and I hope that both you and I will some day become members of the 5% club.

punter99 said:
CYOF, you misunderstand. Ochón, ochón was an expression of my disappointment at your change of approach to posting on this site. Time was, when you contributed at length to threads in a way that clearly was intended to assist others, as well as yourself. Now, alas, you seem seduced by the pompous and condescending ramblings of Socrates.
Here are a few quotes from you as recently as November and December '06 that illustrate your former attitude.

"I always keep an open mind and also realise that there is always someone out there that knows a lot more than me.

I am not, nor do I profess to be an expert at anything, but I do like to think that what I do (as in the form of posts) may be of some benefit to a few people at least

In other words, I truly believe that I can become a consistent profitable trader, but I am also very much aware that it is not an easy thing to do.
Will I be able to do it?
Yes, I am certain that I will, but what I am not certain of is at what stage I will be able to do it."

Good luck in your trading, and I hope that both you and I will some day become members of the 5% club.

My apologies P99,

But my Irish is a little rusty.

Yes, I did think like that, and as matter of fact I still do think like that, very much so.

But, you see, certain things happened, not just this site and discovering Socrates, but what happened started me to change my understanding of things.

If you care to look at my posts further, you will see that the change culminated in me saying "Socrates, I like your posts" which I truly did, so I said it.

I said what was on my mind, always did and always will.

Now, what followed has really opened my eyes, for I have now come to a realisation that I was indeed looking from the inside out, instead of from the outside in.

Are you following me?

All change comes from within - all recognition comes from without.

Change will not happen without recognition.

Again, apologies for been so quick, but you now see what the majority are like around here :rolleyes:

I have found the post by rols - and it is now a fitting time to post it.

"The Lord Buddha has said that we must not believe in a thing said merely because it is said; nor traditions because they have been handed down from antiquity; nor rumors, as such; nor writings by sages, because sages wrote them; nor fancies that we may suspect to have been inspired in us by a Deva (that is, in presumed spiritual inspiration); nor from inferences drawn from some haphazard assumption we may have made; nor because of what seems an analogical necessity; nor on the mere authority of our teachers or masters. But we are to believe when the writing, doctrine, or saying is corroborated by our own reason and consciousness. "For this," says he in concluding, "I taught you not to believe merely because you have heard, but when you believed of your consciousness, then to act accordingly and abundantly."

- Secret Doctrine, Vol. III, page 401. [vii]

Last edited:
Clearing the air

CYOF, no need for apologies and my Gaeilge is even more rusty than yours. Good to know that you are still one of the good guys, despite your allegiances. If you find something useful in what Socrates writes, then good for you, can't say I've ever read anything penned by him, that could be termed as helpful.
Your Lord Buddha quotation makes perfect sense.
I understand that change comes from within, but I'm struggling with your contention that all recognition comes from without. Perhaps you could elucidate a little for my benefit?
Thanks
Eddie

punter99 said:
CYOF, no need for apologies and my Gaeilge is even more rusty than yours. Good to know that you are still one of the good guys, despite your allegiances. If you find something useful in what Socrates writes, then good for you, can't say I've ever read anything penned by him, that could be termed as helpful.
Your Lord Buddha quotation makes perfect sense.
I understand that change comes from within, but I'm struggling with your contention that all recognition comes from without. Perhaps you could elucidate a little for my benefit?
Thanks
Eddie

Well Ed,

It is like this.

The only one who you owe allegiance to is yourself :idea:

I am neither a good guy, nor a bad guy, the same way as Socrates is neither a good guy nor a bad guy. We both speak what are called TRUTHS :idea:

Good and bad are nothing but words arising from our perception - and in order to gain any true knowledge we must look for Facts, and not twist things to suit our own limited views :idea:

If you have not seen anything useful written by Socrates, which I doubt very much, btw, then you truly have a long way to go in understanding what real trading is all about :idea:

The lord Budda quote makes sense because it also contains fundamental TRUTHS :idea:

How can you change from within, if you persist in limiting your awareness, and base your assumptions on what is mostly Inspiration, not Art, in relation to trading.

Did you read the ION dialogue?

If not, I recommend you read it 50 times, at least, and then summarise in your own words - then come back and let me know how you now think.

Your reply will then give you, and me, a good indication of where you are heading, and where your true interest lies :idea:

Take all the time you need, for it is always better to study before the scrúdú, than after the scrúdú, but make sure you are studying the correct material, for believe it or not, many study the wrong material, and then they wonder why they "theip an scrúdú orm" :eek:

BTW, notice how I got the fada's in my Irish, just like your Ochón ochón -magical is it not, shows how mush Gaeilge we Irish really know ;)

Slainte,

Where do I begin?

CYOF, your fadas are impressive, except for the one missing in sláinte :)
You conveniently sidestepped my question hmmmmmmmm!
I have read the ION dialogue once, first impression - why use 50 words when 5,000 will do? Imo, if something needs to be read 50 times, to be fully understood, then it is badly written .
It's saying something along the lines of, question what is preached by the self proclaimed experts and do not accept their diatribe if it does not concur with your own knowledge.
Enter Socrates, "I have forgotten how many times I have planted a little gem hidden in a banana snack."
"...hilariously funny it is....like a comedy scripted in code....for only a select few to enjoy."
What utter poppycock, reminds me of the story about the Emperor's new clothes. If anyone can prove otherwise I will stand corrected, in the meantime elucidate or withdraw.
The term real trading makes me smile, I think of the reference to real people. Either one is trading or one is not, my first rule; keep it simple.

Go n'éirí an bóthar leat.
Eddie

ps scrúdú - I remember na scrúdaithe well, no doubt I would have done much better, if I knew then what I know now!

punter99 said:
CYOF, your fadas are impressive, except for the one missing in sláinte :)
You conveniently sidestepped my question hmmmmmmmm!
I have read the ION dialogue once, first impression - why use 50 words when 5,000 will do? Imo, if something needs to be read 50 times, to be fully understood, then it is badly written .
It's saying something along the lines of, question what is preached by the self proclaimed experts and do not accept their diatribe if it does not concur with your own knowledge.
Enter Socrates, "I have forgotten how many times I have planted a little gem hidden in a banana snack."
"...hilariously funny it is....like a comedy scripted in code....for only a select few to enjoy."
What utter poppycock, reminds me of the story about the Emperor's new clothes. If anyone can prove otherwise I will stand corrected, in the meantime elucidate or withdraw.
The term real trading makes me smile, I think of the reference to real people. Either one is trading or one is not, my first rule; keep it simple.

Go n'éirí an bóthar leat.
Eddie

ps scrúdú - I remember na scrúdaithe well, no doubt I would have done much better, if I knew then what I know now!

Your are welcome to your views - but they are your views - not mine :idea:

Do as you see fit - and I will do as I see fit.

Slainte,

CY, seeing(note correct spelling) as you are under pressure on other threads, I will not persist in requesting an answer to my query, about your contention, that all recognition comes from without.
You correctly noted, that my views are mine and you may be surprised to know, that we are in agreement, that each individual should do his or her own thinking.
Beannacht Dé Leat,
Eddie

CYOF said:
Your are welcome to your views - but they are your views - not mine :idea:

Do as you see fit - and I will do as I see fit.

Slainte,

punter99 said:
CY, seeing(note correct spelling) as you are under pressure on other threads, I will not persist in requesting an answer to my query, about your contention, that all recognition comes from without.
You correctly noted, that my views are mine and you may be surprised to know, that we are in agreement, that each individual should do his or her own thinking.
Beannacht Dé Leat,
Eddie

Punter, CYOF,
in my simple view, you make it very elaborated. Since I joined the thread, which was mainly to look for other traders in Dublin/Ireland, I didn't find much of a help. I have an idea in mind of what I need to go through to improve my trading... and it is a long path. The complex and well-educated exchange I read from CYOF are not of help for me, at least at the stage I am now. This is not a criticism CYOF, I think this is probably what and the way you need to think of it, if it helps your trading.
I will look for more practical help on other threads and come here every now and again to read any interesting development. Most of what is said is quite unuseful (again, at my stage).
Therefore, good luck to all...
Ciao
Giuseppe

peppebas said:
Punter, CYOF,
in my simple view, you make it very elaborated. Since I joined the thread, which was mainly to look for other traders in Dublin/Ireland, I didn't find much of a help. I have an idea in mind of what I need to go through to improve my trading... and it is a long path. The complex and well-educated exchange I read from CYOF are not of help for me, at least at the stage I am now. This is not a criticism CYOF, I think this is probably what and the way you need to think of it, if it helps your trading.
I will look for more practical help on other threads and come here every now and again to read any interesting development. Most of what is said is quite unuseful (again, at my stage).
Therefore, good luck to all...
Ciao
Giuseppe

Giuseppe - a man has to do, what a man has to do :idea:

Some men, unfortunately, do the wrong thing, most of the time :idea:

How one does the right thing is a lot easier than many think it is :idea:

The right thing is what makes money in the shortes time possible :idea:

How does one know if one is doing the right thing :?:

Easy, check you account :idea:

If your account is taking in money on a consistent basis - then you are doing the right thing :idea:

If not, you are doing the wrong thing :idea:

Forget about tomorrow, or next week, or the week after, or the day after the following day that is before the first Friday of the month :idea:

TIME = TICK TOCK

TICK TOCK = DING DONG

DING DONG = QUASIMODO

QUASIMODO = HUNCHBACK

HUNCHBACK = GOLD

GOLD = MONEY

MONEY = TIME

Therefore:

TIME = TICK TOCK = DING DONG = QUASIMODO = HUNCHBACK = GOLD = MONEY = TIME

The circle is indeed never ending - but make sure you have the right circle :idea:

Hope this helps some.

Slainte,