Traders from Ireland?

Niall

28 1
john5000 said:
Do any of you lads use Interactive Brokers?? If so how do you fund your a/cs?

I do John... I use wire transfer which is the quickest and easiest, does not cost too much and usually is there within one working day, maybe two.

john5000

42 1
Thanks for that Niall.

I'm having trouble w/ the AIB trying to get the cash across. The special instructions (, you know for line 59 & 70 on the swift message, ) really has them flummoxed to say the least, you'ld swear I had 2 heads by the way they were looking at me when I presented my request to them!! Which bank do you use & how much does the transfer cost you??

Cheers

Niall

28 1
My wife actually handled it and she is away right now but I think it was originally the ICC bank and later the Bank of Ireland.. dont recall too much trouble with it.. cost was around 30 euro or so but I will ask her and post if any of the above is wrong

Pilotpat

27 0
Irish Traders

Hi Niall,
Pilotpat from Castlebar, have traded with club, but not of late , but am always on net , following US and UK stocks but only new to it all, Still learning testing ideas, feel free to contact me, for chat if you like,
Bye for now,
Pilotpat

Niall

28 1
Pilotpat said:
Hi Niall,
Pilotpat from Castlebar, have traded with club, but not of late , but am always on net , following US and UK stocks but only new to it all, Still learning testing ideas, feel free to contact me, for chat if you like,
Bye for now,
Pilotpat

Hi Pilotpat.. nice to hear from you! and sorry to any others I have not responded to in a timely fashion...

In case any are interested in swing trading I am posting a link to a thread below about market neutral strategies.. its a new thread but has a link to an earlier one that ran for a while and was quite interesting..

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=175238#post175238

john5000

42 1
Thanks for info Niall, & hi Pilotpat.

AIB charged me €20 to wire transfer to include the reference line, beneficiaries address, etc, otherwise it would have been 75c. Seems a big difference for such a few characters, especially considering it cuts down on errors/ hunting time for all concerned.

Anyway enjoy your w/end...

Trader2Win

13 1
Trading irish shares

I can trade Irish shares and want to trade them, but i cannot find a proper website with bar charts (end of day is fine) of Irish shares.

Can anyone help?

-Trader2Win

bosra

25 0
Trader2Win said:
I can trade Irish shares and want to trade them, but i cannot find a proper website with bar charts (end of day is fine) of Irish shares.

Can anyone help?

-Trader2Win

HI ALL

I am from Dublin and trade in UK stocks....mainly oil and mining shares..Do you guys have msn messenger ..could be a good way for us to share any tips and advice..what do u think

peppebas

11 0
Hello All,
Giuseppe here trading US stocks and index funds from Dublin.
Let me know if you want to network.
Cheers
G.

ForexMelody

20 1
bosra said:
HI ALL

I am from Dublin and trade in UK stocks....mainly oil and mining shares..Do you guys have msn messenger ..could be a good way for us to share any tips and advice..what do u think

Hi Bosra,

I think you can try MetaTrader, a free software,
you can download it fromhttp://www.metaquotes.net/downloads/

It allow you to import a data file, and show candle or bar chart with lots of indicators

It support *.csv, *.prn, *.txt format

ForexMelody

20 1
ForexMelody said:
Hi Bosra,

I think you can try MetaTrader, a free software,
you can download it fromhttp://www.metaquotes.net/downloads/

It allow you to import a data file, and show candle or bar chart with lots of indicators

It support *.csv, *.prn, *.txt format

but you have to get the history data yourself with OCHL and volume

CYOF

Experienced member
1,114 32
Dia is Mhuire Duit,

LouDean has asked me to tell you all on our lovely Green shores to beware the monkeys at all costs :idea:

Slainte,

CYOF

Experienced member
1,114 32
Niall said:
Any other traders from Ireland here? I know we are a rare breed but you never can tell...

Galway here and trade US stocks

Good on you Niall, we are indeed a rare breed, and that is a good thing, a very good thing, for you will soon see that we know much more than the majority, for the majority think they know everything, when in fact, we know, that we know nothing about anything :idea:

US stocks are good - have you read my Quasimodo story, for none of them believe me when I tell them that I have a little magical friend called LouDean Mock Lou, please note that I had to spell the name in English for others to be able to pronounce, as not too many are able to read Irish here.

Slainte

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock